Tire \ wheel re sizing ? anyone help

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by tanis, Oct 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking for someone who can {Custom SIZE} a set of tires as shown in the 3rd and 4th Pictures.
    They need to fit a wheel spec of 18x9.5 Rim
    The tire you can Download from
    Sh3lbYe More Custom Parts for Hirochi Sunburst
    mod ( needs to be edited to the size above )

Also could someone make this Rim of 18x9.5 = 17x9 for other builds "( wheels ) wheels 10 ADV 6 18x9.5"
    PM me if someone can make this possible.
    Thanks.

I do not have the software to edit the size of the select wheels and tires, i am calling out for help?

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00174.png
    • screenshot_00175.png
    • screenshot_00176.png
    • screenshot_00177.png
    • screenshot_00178.png
    #1 tanis, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You know that you can do all of the resizing in notepad? So you do have the software required :D (copy the mesh onto one of the existing jbeams and use the scale funcion of flexbodies. (you can read about it on the wiki)

3. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

cheers, but i really don't trust my self if i read it and don't fully understand it myself, i'd ruin the whole car someway or another haha.

4. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

wait, rim size AND tire size?
    I thought you needed to edit it in Blender.
    or does he just want the tires on the rims to fit on other rim sizes

5. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

in my post i say, i would like the tire shown in pic 3 and 4 Up sized to fit on a 18x9.5 rim,
    Then i said i also would like someone to Downsize the rim of choice /\ in the post from 18x9.5 down to 17x9

6. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Ah
    That makes sense.
    Yeah, it does require blender, or 3D modeling to make that happen I’m pretty sure

7. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

i just need someone who can help me, dying for those tires to be on the car without tires, but the tires that come in that size are wak

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Download from Blender.org it is free, scaling of wheel should not be too tough job actually, just after scaling you need to hit ctrl-a select apply rotation & scale, then just export and remember to check selection only.

However then you need to edit numbers in jbeam file too and make new part of it and stuff like that, I haven't played with tires, so don't know how much you can change size without redoing spring values etc to not mess handling.

9. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

If you cannot do it, i definitely wont be able to lol, i haven't modded/edited anything ever.
    And i do not know anything about the jbeams and how they should correctly be and all that stuff.
    and you contradicted your self, by saying it shouldn't be that hard of a job, then saying it is more technical at the end to get the right handling and spring values lol

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Ah, ah, but mesh scaling part is one that is not hard :D

It then gets bit involved with jbeam editing stuff, probably I could make it happen, but it would take bit longer than I have time right now, sadly :(

Easiest way might be to find official tire/wheel that is same size and then just replace 3d model, anyone who has done tires for a mod before should be able to do it quite quickly, but as I have not done such, finding correct tire alone would take something like 30 minutes, there is a ton of them.

Give it a go, it can't break down too badly :0

11. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

Is there anyone you know who has worked with Tires and wheel re sizing ?

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, I think your best bet is Wiki as AiTorror mentioned:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/PressureWheels

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice