Released Tokyo's Shuto Expressway - Metropolitan Expressway

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Ezo, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Nacho Problem

Nacho Problem
    Expand Collapse

If the barriers didnt eat your car it would be genuinly the best map mod of all time

Still amazing work!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. JonnyD683

JonnyD683
    Expand Collapse

I was literally looking up an update for an older version of C1 and here this was.

Amazing. Absolutely Amazing! So good! I literally put some music on and drove for about 3 hours on it. Simply breath taking. Traffic was a pain, but the fact this supported night lights is amazing!

Thank you for this! Time to look for some appropriate cars to ra- I mean drive at a reasonable and safe speed!

• Like Like x 3
  3. adarad

adarad
    Expand Collapse

This is awesome Big thank you . I brought assettocorsa just so could play the shutoko expressway mod and still play it today.
    And now its in my favorite car game thank you..One question will you be adding the Daikoku parking area..?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AzR_MaNiiAkixS

AzR_MaNiiAkixS
    Expand Collapse

I love this map! I made a really small video on it to show it's beauty :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

depends on the devs of SRP project, they told us they'd share the dev files once they reach 1.0 release, if its there we will, if not i might look into modelling it eventually (no promises tho)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed that setting the LOD bias higher also helps with those tiny stutters that come with loading new props – so the few FPS lost isn't a big price for overall smoothness.

7. zig

zig
    Expand Collapse

does not show up in the map selector.:(

8. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

So beautiful! I've been here before myself and it is bringing back so much nostalgia :)

9. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

Other than the guardrails being an RNG if they will eat ur car or not, another tiny issue I saw was that AI has a hard time staying in their lane, but this might be more of an AI issue than a map issue.
    upload_2022-10-28_22-16-32.jpeg upload_2022-10-28_22-16-33.jpeg

#129 DOUGL4S1, Oct 29, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

Such a great map. Thanks for all the hard work on porting it. And the original modeler's.

11. Xela

Xela
    Expand Collapse

that ia randomness's a real thing tho i don't think it's a problem, it adds obstacles at highspeeds for those who cannot have 10 cars at a time on the road!

for the eating walls, let's be patient and i'm sure it will be fixed soon!! it is on the midnight run map so it's clearly possible but it needs some work for the entire map to be fixed ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vawriss

Vawriss
    Expand Collapse

Nice, at least I filled the gap. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xela

Xela
    Expand Collapse

@Vawriss i'm dying to see this map with the level of finish of your Midnight run <3

14. Vawriss

Vawriss
    Expand Collapse

@Car_Killer I'd actually like to report a bug, but it's more of an issue that effects even vanilla maps in Beam & something I've noticed doing AI roads.

The AI ignores values over 2 for lane counts, so for example if a single AI road is used for 3 lanes they will only drive on it as it was a wide 2 lane road, which is why the AI has issues staying in their lane, this issue is even larger in West coast USA on its highways. With my Autobahn map I had to use 2 separate AI roads for the 3 lane highways, one road for the 2 undertaking lanes and an additional road for the 3rd lane. Hope this could be fixed at the actual AI pathfinding level as it would improve all the maps in the game, don't think the dev team is aware of this as they keep doing it.

Nah this map is way more polished than mine, only problem is that these guardrails are double sided in the original mesh, and the interior face grabs the nodes on the vehicles causing the car to get caught, with mine I just deleted them and remade the physics be extruding the curbs up in a bit of a time-consuming method. there might be a way in a large blender project to select all the internal faces, but idk how.

But great work on the map I'm enjoying it.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Xela

Xela
    Expand Collapse

I must admit i couldn't think it would be even possible to have such a large map running over 60 fps on my middle end comp and over 30 constants fps with 6 traffic cars + 6 unloaded

16. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Thanks I did not notice that, will test that more and hope we will fix that issue in game :)

I will check what's possible to do here, I don't want to spend 100 hours fixing that kind of stuff manually :p

• Like Like x 7
  17. victfil

victfil
    Expand Collapse

I solved the 3 lane AI problem by replacing the 3-laned decal by one decal with 2 lanes and one with 1 lane. Now the traffic behaves correctly but it creates another issue: the fugitives/police are stuck on the one lane and will bump into the cars in front instead of changing lanes. I still have to test doing two 2-laned decals with the middle lane overlapping.

18. Dr.Balbarian

Dr.Balbarian
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely loving this, played it a ton on AC, but something feels so right on Beam. Probably the feeling of how one wrong move actually will end your run.

Anyways, have these two pics I captured playing with the lighting, rain, and doing nothing but using the built in photomode ;)

screenshot_2022-11-05_19-13-18.png screenshot_2022-11-05_19-11-58.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mr Gibbo

Mr Gibbo
    Expand Collapse

What folder do I put in and which folder do I put it in it isn't working for me.

20. Xela

Xela
    Expand Collapse

you put the zip into your steam games directory\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\levels

if you can't manage to find it, right click on Beam into steam and search for a "open the game directory" into it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice