Torque Converter simulation (also Tiptronic)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Zipppy, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Zipppy

Zipppy
    Expand Collapse

I am aware that there have been some requests for proper PRNDL automatic transmissions, and that they're in planning. But I've been thinking, why not simulate torque converters as well? (they make the car creep forward on idle while in gear)

Another thing is that I'm also suggesting Tiptronic (or "Manumatic") which allows for sequential shifting on certain automatics. I'd be thinking this would be applied on some "newer" vehicles in the game, where this realistically is an option. My father's BMW has this feature on "Sport" mode, which pretty much makes the shifting more aggressive and lets the car rev higher before changing gear.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

We actually do already simulate torque converters in automatic cars. We have some test code with manual PRND21 automatic gears and the car creeps forward in D and stops when you brake, like a real car.

3. Zipppy

Zipppy
    Expand Collapse

alright, thanks for clearing that up, I seem to have forgotten the car by default, shifts into neutral automatically when stopped. Is there any chance you'll implement a "sport" mode on cars, representing one with a more modern auto transmission?

4. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

Late reply and bump I know. After constantly failing to climb anything because it just bogs and stops, I had to keep this on the radar. Huge issue, I find the torque converter is far too "viscous" right now, its as if its not even there. If you go to climb a hill in an auto with 4wd its all torque converter in real life, in beamng its like a manual with reeeeeeeaallllyy high gearing. Any improvements in this regard coming to the "race" update?

5. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I need it NOT to go into reverse when I wanna stop lol!

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

+1 on that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice