Released Toyota AE86 Trueno/Levin

Discussion in 'Land' started by schumacher, Jan 29, 2018.

1. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

go to page 115.and the most one in the bottom

2. shortlildyl

shortlildyl
    Expand Collapse

thank you
    --- Post updated ---
    thank you

3. mhegai

mhegai
    Expand Collapse

Now i have this:
    initialDelux.png

4. vmarks

vmarks
    Expand Collapse

i love it thank you!
    --- Post updated ---
    the wheels of the initial D ae86 are not correct the rims are watanabe wheels and the rim color needs to be black.

5. maslimepunch

maslimepunch
    Expand Collapse

And a blown engine if you wanna be even more accurate

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. pippoose14 2

pippoose14 2
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Theres an instability with those rims

7. maslimepunch

maslimepunch
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean? I use them sometimes and they are fine for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. vmarks

vmarks
    Expand Collapse

the initial D ae86 needs black watanabe wheels and no spoiler

9. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

1. You already said this, and you have been answered. Do not repeat the question again.
    2. I don't think Schumacher is still working on this, so I don't think you will get what you want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

For anyone willing to work on this car again (I love the hotfixed version, thanks!), some things still need fixing.

For the love of God, that front license plate needs centering for one, lol.

For two, there's amber lights on the front of the car. Not talking about the foglights, though. It's under the headlights, and then there's amber lights on the sides of the headlights. Well when you turn on the headlights the ones on the sides light up and the ones underneath the headlights don't. Those act as turn signals instead. It actually has to be the other way around.
    *If it's something that can be changed simply via editing the text files with Notepad++ or something, and if anyone knows what I need to change, let me know and I can do it myself.

The rear "garnish" is blindingly bright, even if I remove the garnish it still lights up the plate, so maybe there should be a way to disable the lights on that.
    *Again, if it's something I can simply edit via Notepad++, let me know.

Is there any way to fix the instability of the rear wheels? I have to use rims that are 15x3 iirc instead of 15x8 because if i use the 15x8 ones they break off. Is it a problem with the jbeam structure?

Apart from all that, I'm glad to see this has been somewhat brought back from the dead in a way since we've made hotfixes.

In the meantime, I've made a mini hotfix of my own, which mostly just regards the engines and their sounds, and changed redlines a tiny bit. Still tweaking it myself and trying to find a good sound to match the engines. The 3A-U now uses the Pigeon's I3 sound, and the stock 4A-GE uses what I believe is the Vivace's I4? I don't know, it's called "I4_3_Engine" or something like that. But it fits nicely. And the Silvertop uses the stock 4A-GE's original sound (which I think that was actually ported from Forza Motorsport 4/Forza Horizon), so it might sound crappy. Don't know a good sound to use for that one. Also fixed the 3A-U's text from 16V to 8V.

Was gonna try and add my custom config files (.pc) but it won't let me. But it was just 2 proper Tofu variants (one was First Stage, the other was Fourth Stage), and then I made my own AE85 config.

Attached Files:

#2370 mrwallace888, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

HOTFIX 8
    I have now fixed the garnish lights of both the hatch and coupe models.

The garnish lights are connected to the taillight parts, so I've edited all the taillights. The garnish lights will still light up the license plates, HOWEVER I have now removed the bright-ass garnish light flares, so you will no longer be blinded by them! I just changed the flare sizes from 0.15 to 0.0.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. potwor12

potwor12
    Expand Collapse

Nice! Great to see old, abandoned mods supported by the community.
    Also sorry if it's bad to say that in front of everyone, but the link that's supposed to lead to your Steam leads to your YT instead

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. vmarks

vmarks
    Expand Collapse

ok alieu

14. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Fixing it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vmarks

vmarks
    Expand Collapse

the hotfix 8 version of this mod is perfect!

16. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Now we just gotta figure out a couple things to get it fixed. I need peoples' help on fixing a few things.
    • The turn signals on the sides of the headlights and the little orange light rectangles right underneath the headlights need to swapped in terms of how they function. The ones on the sides act as lights when turned on and the ones in front act like turn signals. This needs to be swapped so the ones on the sides act as turn signals, and the ones on the front act as lights. Someone help me look into this pls!
    • Using tires on the back of the car that have a width of more than... is it 5? Yeah, think so, using rims that are thicker than 5 will break off the back for some stupid reason.
    • The front license plate on the Zenki bumper needs centering, badly.
    If anyone with experience can know how to fix these, especially the whole lights thing I mentioned above, please help me out with fixing it. Would really appreciate it, I don't like using lights at night because it looks wrong the way it currently is.

17. vmarks

vmarks
    Expand Collapse

this mod will 100000% a meme

18. Claude Speed

Claude Speed
    Expand Collapse

These hotfixes are great! They've brought this mod back together from all of the recent updates that have come out. I do have a concern to outline though for those who've still held interest in creating more hotfixes as time goes on, and I'm not surprised anyone has noticed it for how subtle it is, but has anyone noticed that the "TRUENO" badging on the side of the car has now gone missing for quite some time?

Attached Files:

• 787faf1a70f08bf5b6a115a411d83002.jpg
    • screenshot_00233.png
  19. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Heh, you're right. Didn't even notice that. :p

Do you know how to edit .jbeam files, Claude?

20. Claude Speed

Claude Speed
    Expand Collapse

I do not. I've never modified or taken a look into messing around with BeamNG at all. Apart from being a Toyota enthusiast, and an eight six devotee in all of the years I can remember, I'm afraid I can't be of much help but picking out little nit-picks, I apologize.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice