Released Toyota AE86 Trueno/Levin

Discussion in 'Land' started by schumacher, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

yes, for the last time, that is indeed the speed chime. you can remove it in the parts selector.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

You think it's the last time. That's cute.

:D

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. CharlesCal6226

CharlesCal6226
    Expand Collapse

I can give you some silvertop sounds and I'm wondering if you're able to change the redline to 9750 RPM (closest to real thing)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Truck-truckin-truck

Truck-truckin-truck
    Expand Collapse

The fix is literally right above your comment. Clear your cache..

5. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

I love the speed chime ngl

6. Dingo135

Dingo135
    Expand Collapse

I can do this pretty easily but I need a hp at a specific rpm to work off of. 220 at 9k is something that I have but if I'm putting in effort, I might as well custom tailor the engines for you.

7. CharlesCal6226

CharlesCal6226
    Expand Collapse

Uh I think english is your second language but I have some sound samples and dyno runs here:

8. Dingo135

Dingo135
    Expand Collapse

English is my first language and those sound samples and dyno readings don't really help me. I have tried to make those sounds work in the past but I can't extend the sounds and have them sound good at the same time. I need sound samples at specific rpms for an extended amount of time and a horsepower at a specific rpm. (A specific torque at a certain rpm would be useful as well. I can't read dyno stuff and I don't have to if I'm given a specific number to work off of.) Holding the car at 4k for 5 - 10 seconds and using that sound would work but having it pass through that rpm does not. Beam needs sounds at specific rpms to sound good, not just an engine sound.

Blend files are written to use a specific sound at a specific rpm and beam fills in the gaps by pitch shifting the sounds of the previous and next rpm and changing their speed. The longer the sound sample, the better it will sound as well. If the sample is too short, there will be audio clipping and it will sound terrible. A lot of engine sounds in mods are a second or less and they work but that's because they are not changing pitch very much and are edited to work properly. The way to make an engine sound great without having to heavily edit the sound files is to have recordings at specific rpms. The sounds used in my version of the 16V engine are pretty long so they sound good.

Attached Files:

• 16v_i4_blend.png
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

I have a method of making sounds that doesn't need extended loops so if you are interested, I could give it a go

10. Dingo135

Dingo135
    Expand Collapse

I would be very interested in learning how to do that.

11. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

I might post a guide on it but here's the low down. Say you have sound file of a four cylinder engine, and you zoom into the wave graph (I suggest using Adobe Audition.) You then Select four peeks in the waves and/or patterns and crop it. The sound you just cropped is a single cycle of the engine and so when looped, it sounds like the original, just consistent. You repeat this up the rev range and you're done. Then make the blend files as usual, you can use a default car in beam with the digital RPM ui app to create them.

That's pretty much it.

12. CarFanatic86

CarFanatic86
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I was a bit confused at first when I saw the loading images had changed!

13. CharlesCal6226

CharlesCal6226
    Expand Collapse

Well I damn near had a stroke reading the first part of what you said before but I think you mean that you need sounds how NFSU2 did it. They did it by having real dyno runs at certain RPMS with and without load so I can't do anything then.

14. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Take a look at the posts above.

15. Megapuggy

Megapuggy
    Expand Collapse

I need some help geting it on to beam im having some trouble

16. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Simply take the latest hotfix (here) and move the entire zip folder, still zipped, into:
    "C:\Users\[YOUR_USERNAME]\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.22\mods" :)

17. jdmshykofficial

jdmshykofficial
    Expand Collapse

18. Kirby_49

Kirby_49
    Expand Collapse

it's the chime that starts to go at around 100kmh, you can take it out, from the parts selector

19. Dingo135

Dingo135
    Expand Collapse

Those inner fender parts will appear if you spawn in the 200bx before the 86. There are many hotfixes in the thread and all but maybe the earliest ones fix that issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FredericTRM2

FredericTRM2
    Expand Collapse

You seem to know a lot about this mod, I just tried it now, long time since last time. Is there any fix or an update? I love the car

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice