Released Toyota AE86 Trueno/Levin

Discussion in 'Land' started by schumacher, Jan 29, 2018.

1. DeckedGlobe2199

DeckedGlobe2199
    Expand Collapse

trust me, when he's done with this AE86, there won't be any need for the russian one. It'll be many, many billion times better :):););)

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Imaboss936

Imaboss936
    Expand Collapse

yeah, the russian one seems like it was ripped straight from some game: the headlights don't move and they're too bright, and it uses a lot of covet parts, as well as having an engine with drag racing in mind. (sorry if I got off topic)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Probably Forza or Gran Turismo. As is the case with most Russian mods.

4. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

He made the clickbait /sort of:eek:o_O/ I8 BMW

5. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Who, @v_s ?

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Why would you want to post that here?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

"Underrated", BMW E36 is hoon car #1 since it is cheap as f*ck and slidey as f*ck. Plus, it's unsafe as f*ck as well so hoons can wipe themselves out without causing too much damage.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. adhamghaly02

adhamghaly02
    Expand Collapse

yup
    --- Post updated ---
    progress

9. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I have to fully disagree on the safe and slidey parts. I owned a 328i touring as a family car for 6 years, with sport suspensions, and it was the safer car i ever had. Never been in trouble with it, no spins, it was fast for overtake, not a lot of fuel consumption, good brakes, and perfect handling in curves. It was just a blast on the highway, as well as on nice little roads of France. It had 380 000 kms when i sold it, and was still running and behaving as new, because of well maintained. I sold it because it started leaking oil by the engine and i didn't had time to rebuilt this engine. So i sold it to a friend who will rebuild it. Absolutly nice car that i miss a lot.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. viciorm

viciorm
    Expand Collapse

In Poland they're expensive af since they were technically used as a "gangster's car" back in the 90s

They also rust easily

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

e36 is best shitcar

• Like Like x 2
  12. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

Awesome work dude. I've been busy experimenting with making 4A-GE replicas. Guess I don't need to anymore lol.

I was wanting to do something similar to this in the distant future, but since I wont be doing that anymore, I'll pitch in with the names I came up with:

HR68 Thunder (For the Trueno)
    HR68 Lightning (For the Levin)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Since when has 1 EuroNCAP star (initially 2, but one revoked later) been safe?
    It's RWD, it's supposed to be slidey.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

maybe first thing is to begin to drive safely ? I never look at how a car reacts on crashtests. i prefer avoiding them. So by safe i mean the behaviour. My car didn't had electronics nor limited slip differential, and i never got into a slidey situation, even under rain. Of course i didn't provoked things, like the stupid foot on the gas to the floor, i drove safely with some fun from time to time. So in my case, i don't agree with the car being so bad as you say.
    I've had many E21, E23 and E28 before, and those were way more dangerous from being rear wheel drive than the 328i was. It's a question of being responsible when driving, and all is fine. The fact that some people are stupid by driving doesn't invalidate the car by itself, look at all those youtube video with people damaging Ferrari or any recent supercars just by being stupid on the gas pedal.
    Sorry for the off topic. An E36 enthousiast.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

E36 was already 7 years old when tested in 1997, and about to be replaced by the E46 3-Series. Most comparable cars of the early '90 performed rather poorly in EuroNCAP tests. The newer Mercedes-Benz W202 (1993) for example was only rated 2-stars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. adhamghaly02

adhamghaly02
    Expand Collapse

b a c k o n t o p I c p l e a s e

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. MiraakDova

MiraakDova
    Expand Collapse

This thread really likes to go off topic eh? Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

A lot of crashes are unavoidable.
    Not many cars from the early 90s were tested, but 1992 Xantia was and it got same results as BMW. BMW is a luxury brand, kind of supposed to be one step ahead.

19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It was. The BMW had many safety features unavailable on the Citroën. Back in 1997, assesment activities by EuroNCAP were just starting, pretty much all the older cars in the first batch tested scored poorly because no manufacturer was prepared yet and very few cars met their stringent criteria.

Safety is much more than EuroNCAP results anyway, most cars of the previous generation wouldn't reach a 2-star rating under the current testing methods, even past 5-stars cars, so are we supposed to drive only the latest cars available?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot2018-04-10at115821AM.png
    This is about the development of an AE86..not to come across as rude but dear God has this gone off-topic

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice