Outdated Toyota Pickup Facelift for Gavril D-Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by STERFRY333, Jun 2, 2020.

1. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

2. Truck-truckin-truck

Truck-truckin-truck
    Expand Collapse

For everyone complaining about the bed coming off, don't use the Toyota Frame, use the D-Series frame. The Toyota frame has always had issues. Honestly there is no difference between the D-series frame and the Rusted Toyota Frame, they literally do the same thing. The Offroad Toyota Suspension has also always had issues, don't use it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. beamplayer121

beamplayer121
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but it breaks the independent front off road suspension

4. HeadlightsThePerson

HeadlightsThePerson
    Expand Collapse

Mod is outdated.

5. Truck-truckin-truck

Truck-truckin-truck
    Expand Collapse

I can see you just joined yesterday, so I'll give you a run down on some things about commenting here in the forums.

1. Read through the comments on any thread, a lot of time your questions will be answered.
    2. If you go to comment on a mod here in the forums and a red box surrounds the text box, don't post your comment.
    3. If a mod is older then a month and hasn't seen any activity in a while, it would be safe to assume that the mod is no longer being
    worked on, or the author of the mod is busy with IRL stuff or is taking a break from the mod to work on something else.
    4. If you're going to comment on a mod in the forums, keep the comment about the mod and on topic.
    5. Don't EVER ask about release dates. The mods here in the forums will be released when they are ready and there is no set date for when a mod will be finished.

With those 5 things being said I shall now answer your comment.

Answer: Read the previous comments before yours, more specifically the one I posted that is right before your comment. That should answer your question. This mod is outdated and broken. The author if my memory suits me right is no longer working on this mod, there are a few fixes in the comments posted by others, but those too don't address the issue you're talking about. The rusted frame, along with the Toyota Off-road Independent Suspension have always been broken and are a pain to fix, so nobody really touches them. And there is quite literally no difference between the rusted frame and the normal D-Series frame, only difference is that the D-Series frame isn't broken. Same can be said about the Toyota Off-Road Independent Suspension and base game off-road independent suspension. Thank you for taking the time to understand how things work around here, and welcome to the forums.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. MightyCaprice

MightyCaprice
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-12-17_18-39-27.png

i encountered an issue with the mod i cant use the mod without this

7. HeadlightsThePerson

HeadlightsThePerson
    Expand Collapse

Bud, ITS OUTDATED.

8. STERFRY333

STERFRY333
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the mod is now outdated, I am working on other stuff. I have a pretty busy and stressful life right now so I doubt I will ever work on this anymore, however, I will still keep this in my mind in the small chance I have some time for it. Modding in this game is really hard because every time a game update comes out, it completely wreaks havoc on preexisting mods. It's like a full time job to keep the game from actively trying to break your months worth of progress. I want to thank you all for the great support through the short lifetime of this mod. But, trust me, my next Toyota mod will make this feel like a middle school coding project. I'm talking a full standalone Toyota Pickup/4runner. One that will be on the repository.

Anyways, I'm not retiring from modding, just retiring my first project.

-Sterling

• Like Like x 7
  9. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

Lol, im a bit disappointed but i get it. the updated version actually crashed my game

10. idk pls help fix

idk pls help fix
    Expand Collapse

are you going to fix this and make a top gear vairaint

11. STERFRY333

STERFRY333
    Expand Collapse

Did you not read my post literally right above yours??

12. idk pls help fix

idk pls help fix
    Expand Collapse

oh. question. could you make twin stacks that fit the stepside bed?

13. STERFRY333

STERFRY333
    Expand Collapse

No it's outdated....I'm not working on it anymore.... I L I T E R A L L Y said that in my last post.

14. One Big Liger

One Big Liger
    Expand Collapse

there is a version on the previous page that will stop that but do to the recent update some textures are broken if @Kevin15673 decides to fix it then that would be cool the creator has faild to work on or fix this mod for months kevin has done it according to the creator life is hard which is understandable im not expecting anything to happen with this one kevin has dont it out of the kindness of his hart till now and im sure is tired of it so i guess just get the old version and deal with textures if your wanting it that bad :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kevin15673

Kevin15673
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to get it to work again, but I'm kind of stupid so it might take a couple days

• Like Like x 1
  16. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

thats fine. Thank you for keeping it alive in the first place!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Williamson54

Williamson54
    Expand Collapse

Such a shame. I loved the 4.0L V8 with Bolide Sounds. Thanks for all the entertainment while it was still working!

18. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

what

19. Williamson54

Williamson54
    Expand Collapse

Im expressing that I really liked this mods engines and the mod in general, is there something that I need to clarify?

20. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

oh ok. i had no idea that there was a v8, because the og toyota never came with one

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice