Toyota Prius or Ssangyong Rodius

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Dc5R, Jul 30, 2015.

?

Toyota Prius or Ssangyong Rodius ?

1. Prius

63.8%
  2. Rodius

36.2%
  1. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

2. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

As I've started before, this just isn't an option in the US, where I live. I know that other parts of the world have plentiful access to diesel vehicles, but we do not. Comparing a Prius to the few diesels we have, the Prius still gets better highway mileage, even if it is optimized for city drives. And as most people commute in cities, and the Prius's city mileage is vastly better than available diesel-powered vehicles, it makes even more sense.

3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Americans have cheap fuel and no fuel-consumption based taxes, so they can drive what they want, it's gonna be cheap.

4. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

Diesel is $0.40 more per gallon than regular gasoline where I live, which makes diesel vehicles less attractive. Plus, a difference of 10-15 miles per gallon adds up to a lot of money over the life of a car. And we do have a form of "fuel-consumption based tax," as there is tax on the gasoline itself when you buy it at the pump.

5. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Why is diesel more expensive than petrol? It is cheaper and easier to manufacture. That given, why should anybody even consider buying a diesel car where you live? The only reason people are so fond of diesel in Europe is because it is cheaper.
    On the tax, everybody has tax on gasoline, but some countries also have a tax on cars, with thirstier/less eco-friendly cars being taxed more.

6. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

And diesel cars generally consume less fuel than gasoline powered cars. The price of the fuel is about the same in EU.

7. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

Yes, diesel is cheaper to refine in its raw form, but to meet Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel requirements (15 ppm limit here) requires far more processing. Also, American refineries are set up primarily to produce gasoline, as the vast majority of vehicles sold here are powered by gasoline. With the $0.40 price difference between gasoline and diesel, it makes a lot more sense from a price perspective to just get an efficient gasoline car.

Finally, if your car is really inefficient, there is a one-time gas guzzler tax, though this does not apply to SUVs, minivans, or trucks.

8. PigeonDriver

PigeonDriver
    Expand Collapse

Can we all agree that the Rodius looks like a Nissan Quest that was put in the microwave for too long?

9. Jarret Rucker

Jarret Rucker
    Expand Collapse

Honestly...I rather have a different car besides these two...and that car is a Nissan Altima. :/

10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

That's like saying that having a choice between drinking sewage and urine, you'd drink saliva.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Prius is shit

Ssanyong good

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. michael_zowski

michael_zowski
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

What's a Ssangyong Rodius?

13. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

google.com

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I dislike environmental luxuries too.
    They are "green luxuries" or "environmental luxuries". People buy them not for cost-effectiveness, but for showing their "green" ideology.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice