Traffic Tool style car spawning

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by _Archer_, Mar 4, 2020.

1. _Archer_

_Archer_
    Expand Collapse

Hi there,

Ever since Gamergull was (rightfully) hired and his fabulous traffic tool was been integrated into BeamNG I have been asking myself why two features of his tool had been left out. One was the "Color" feature which controls whether the cars are re-spawned in different colors. Well that's not such a biggie in my humble opinion. However especially now with new Stelvio map the other missing feature has been especially apparent to me. However I have also really really missed one crucial feature in the Italy map.

What I am talking about?
    Easy. It's the "Select" feature that lets you select certain traffic groups. Yes, there is the "Smart" feature, but it works only partially and I especially would like to exclude big American cars, vans and trucks on European maps, and also big trucks on maps like Stelvio, because trucks aren't allowed there anyway. The fact is that Stelvio and also many roads in Italy are too narrow for big traffic cars, and they tend to get stuck and form traffic jams all the time.

My wish for 2020: please include some way to have control over what traffic is being spawned.
    Thanks and keep up the good work!!

Best wishes
    Andreas

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Easy fix, spawn cars of your choosing, then traffic, then "go".

I do this all the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

It's no friendly way to spawn, really. May be you like that process, me - no. And currently TOO OFTEN big AI vehicles spawn (semis and buses) on some times, that are not realistic.

4. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

True, you do it whatever way you want, just a suggestion.

5. aCharmlessMan

aCharmlessMan
    Expand Collapse

Rather than start a new thread I wanted to add my thoughts to this one.

It would be great if we could have more options when spawning traffic for example:
    • No buses or trucks
    • Option for new cars only
    • Option for older cars only
    • Ability for trucks to spawn with trailers
    • Some kind of vehicle selector or tick box you can mark against the vehicles you want to spawn
    • Option for traffic to stick to roads only (handy when you have a zero respawn rate)
    • Option for cars to keep driving even after an accident or minor prang (for short circuit 'racing')
    As an additional point, I like having a varied selection of traffic but with the roads still being clear enough to pick up some speed without having to continually swerve around everything. Is it possible the lower respawn settings could make the traffic more sparse? At the moment even at 0.1 or 0.2 if you have 10 vehicles selected the roads are still very busy.

Also, it would be nice if the Tograc could spawn into traffic automatically. Currently only the Vivace will spawn. I appreciate that you can change the cars after spawning them but this takes quite a bit of time!

Another useful tweak would be if the traffic app settings could be remembered each time I start the game so you don't have to change them every time. They even reset when you change from windowed view to borderless within the same session.

Lastly I really hope the dev team are working on some kind of usable AI race mode because that is the single most important thing that would turn BeamNG from being a sandbox into a proper racing simulator. With no prospect of online multiplayer action this is desperately needed to add playability. Geoff Crammond and Papyrus managed to do it back in the very early 90s, so surely 30 years later it shouldn't be too tricky to produce something similar? I totally dig how far the game has come over the past few years but I am a little disappointed that the AI has not progressed in the same way.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Funny story, One time, the game spawned ONLY semis, so I changed everything to normal cars lol:p

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The way the T-Series and Wentward spawn definetly need to be looked at. I like to have "trucks" allowed to have stuff like the van, but then I almost always get 3-4 T-Series/Wentward and have to manually change them since it's annoying to have 1/2 of my traffic as the same bus, especially on Italy where it just breaks the traffic by blocking the roads compeltely.

+1 to the trailer idea, that would be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice