Outdated Traffic Tool 1.2.1

It's here! Create dynamic traffic on almost any map!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

In a way, I wanna see this as an option XD.

Oof. Really happy for the updates, and the list aswell. Can't wait to see them lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

looked at your list, this seems like a lot of work, but it will be epic when done, im looking forward to the update :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. ElectroBolt

ElectroBolt
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I don't really know if anyone has pointed it out or noticed but, if you try to use a trailer and the traffic tool at the same time, the trailer gets it's brakes engaged when you press Activate on the tool.

4. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

That's because the Trailer gains it's own AI when pressing Activate, so it attempts to brake and turn, which it can't drive. Just open the AIControl app and disable the AI on the trailer. Even if, doubt that would work because I believe someone else reported that the trailer respawns somewhere else when teleported.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andrew4096

Andrew4096
    Expand Collapse

why didn't the ui showed up in my game..

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdrive-0150272019-02-24_10-02-41.jpg
  6. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Looked in the apps properly.

7. Andrew4096

Andrew4096
    Expand Collapse

where ? tell me where it is im new to this game

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdrive-0150272019-02-24_10-07-40.jpg
  8. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Look below the camera Icon

9. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

On the left side of the screen, the app would be where those 3 boxes inside the gray box is. The one below the camera. Than use the searchbar to find "Traffic"

Also, welcome to the forums.

10. Andrew4096

Andrew4096
    Expand Collapse

ahh ok tysm man

• Like Like x 1
  11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Above 85C I would be concerned a bit for your processor temps, but an hour or so a day won't injure or kill it, two hours likely not either.
    Above 90~95C you should be concerned of sustained time at this temperature, which could be detrimental to the components that power the CPU on the motherboard, near to the socket that contains the CPU (as those would fail before the cpu 'dies'). Some ASUS / Gigabyte / MSI / Asrock motherboards will shut down at this temperature by default, mine will if it hits 85C on the CPU - I left it on.
    At 100~105C, your CPU will enter a fault state deliberately and BSOD or turn off the computer (Depending on your model of motherboard). This has been in since the core 2 duo days to protect the processor from fatally overheating.
    Above 105C, death will occur in only a matter of time - when is anyone's guess. You can pop capacitors, and damage solder joints and also risk causing a VRM self-destruct sequence on the motherboard (VRM is components around a cpu socket, there's also some on the GPU also to power it if you have a fancy one).
    100C / 212F = boiling point of water. Your computer should NOT get that hot. Clean it, update the fans maybe, or if using a laptop, get a desktop.
    Basically, if you have an OEM cooler, and haven't turned off any temperature protections settings, it will get hot, it will throttle the TDP of the CPU back (the wattage of the CPU) in an effort to cool down. Intel chips - especially i7 chips and up, are notoriously hard to keep cool - my 4790k @ 4.4ghz is no different.
    I delidded my chip, put liquid metal on it, both under and over the IHS (the metal lid of the CPU that meets the cooling unit), and got a 100$ air cooler for it, just so it stays under 70~75C at all times.

Want something that doesn't run as smoking-hot, consider Ryzen 2600/2600X/2700/2700X or wait until post-June Ryzen 3xxx launch (not concrete launch date, but give or take a month).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I have a 2600X with stock paste and cooler, and it very easily can get to 75-80C when Beaming. World of Tanks has got it up to 86 recently. I still need to throw a voltage offset on it and see if that helps though.

13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

in that pic the AI can only use the right lane going up & going down the mountain in Roane County. This is by my design of the map.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ryzen will be a lot better. Laptops & BeamNG aren't exactly friends. Though surely the new 8xxx laptop chips with 6 cores will be decent enough for it and get a high-enough clock-speed on a single core to not bottleneck on the processor, it's always better on a desktop. A Ryzen 6 or 8-core (x2 threads for SMT-aware chips like 2600/2700 and others) chip will do well in this game with many vehicles.
    While the INTEL cpu's definitely have the best FPU for BeamNG physics, no doubt, The Ryzen cpu's are great bang for the buck and the boards take upgrades, and most-all Ryzen 3xx chipset boards and up (all AM4), will be able to get PCI-E 4.0 with the new Ryzen 3xxx CPU's coming out this June, just with a BIOS update and a new CPU. The new 3xxx CPU's are supposed to really be something.
    Engineering sample Ryzen 3xxx chip @ 3.6ghz matched a Ryzen 2xxx chip @ 4.3ghz for IPC (instructions per clock, per core, the true determination of speed/efficiency there per ghz). Now I don't have any traditional 'Whetstone' data on it but the rendering of Cinebench does give a good sign. So keep eyes peeled for new cpus in June.
    The Bob might finally bite the upgrade bullet due to this traffic tool and get a Ryzen this summer... but that wouldn't come out of the Los Injurus map fund!

@Gamergull you never cease to amaze me. Download the Tail of The Dragon map, find the art/buildings/motel DIR and delete it in the ZIP, load the map up, and play with your traffic tool on that map.

Yes folks that's how to get Tail of the Dragon and Nevada to run. They will be fixed/uploaded within a week.
    Sorry to get off-topic but it is BeamNG stuff. There's not a good mod that doesn't have someone talking about BeamNG and processors in it :) It's not always me either.
    --Cheers!

EDIT: If anyone runs either of the above maps, or still-working-but-glitchy Roane County and has issues with the AI anywhere, please post in the appropriate thread as it will get fixed - thanks!
    --- Post updated ---
    The physics benchmark (bananabench) does D15 pickups. Those are a bit easier than some other vehicles, especially something like the Olds Fullsize mod, and other stock vehicles.
    Your video board can also be attributed to slowdown. Consider turning down or turning off reflections, and/or shadows, and SSAO if it's on.

@Shotgun Chuck That's a little on the warm side if you're going over 75C. Consider using LESS thermal paste (only a grain of rice, which I press down a bit, and then scrape around with an old credit card, you should be able to see metal through the past otherwise you've used too much) - though not making any accusations - it's so easy to do - even with pre-applied paste on coolers.
    Thermal Grizzy is THE best paste of choice of pro's and is not conductive like Liquid Metal which I have here.
    Consider upgrading the cooler when Ryzen 3xxx comes out, if you upgrade, if the processor does not come with a more suitable cooler. This is one of the first instances I heard of the Ryzen running past 75~80C regularly. If yours is at stock settings, you may be able to drop the voltage a tad, but I wouldn't go too far. In all honesty, staying below 85~90C will still provide many years of service.

14. GT4tube

GT4tube
    Expand Collapse

there go test 30 Ai :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. ItsJustCurtis

ItsJustCurtis
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely love it! Even with just 4 cars it still gives a very immersive drive, albeit a little sparse. Have to run at low settings though to keep any sort of FPS level :p I wonder if anyone can meshslap a low-poly few models to allow us to have more cars without compromising the performance too much

16. GT4tube

GT4tube
    Expand Collapse

I tried All Low Settings get 5% increase fps with 10 Ai.... Graphics so crap.. lol

Need better CPU more cores then.

17. Chat's7

Chat's7
    Expand Collapse

With a 4790K and 980ti go around same performance. 30 FPS with 7 AI car ^^ But even at 4.7GHZ is almost 100% usage xD

18. iPuods7

iPuods7
    Expand Collapse

Please Help!!! I'm using this tool but it just simply spawns the cars in front of me and those cars just stand and don't do anything. What should I do?
    --- Post updated ---
    nvm im just retarded and didnt click activate

19. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

How does this app work? Does it keep teleporting the cars that are out of view to infront of you to create the traffic? o_O

20. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

Is the current road/AI system capable of recognizing multi-lane roads? At the moment, it appears to more-or-less assume that a road with two lanes is a two-way road, so highways get kinda dangerous lol.

I'm not sure if this is something you can fix, or if this is more an issue with core BeamNG AI/road systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice