WIP Beta released Trynelgren 3.1

A midsize map with grass and trees

1. CrashTester

CrashTester
    Expand Collapse

Well, I've got my Lenovo back with a new hard drive (that's what broke), and I must say, I love that narrow road! I also love the cave, and the vegetation, the buildings, the dam, e.t.c. Wow, I've missed out on a lot. I guess the main point of this is to tell you that I love your map and I would more narrow mountain roads.

Thank you for creating such a great map.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

Trynelgren 2.7 is now available on the first post. Currently, only a mediafire link is available.

After many failed attempts, all of which were caused by my internet, I was also able to get an update onto the "mods" thing. Since updates on the repository are moderated, the repository copy of Trynelgren 2.7 will be available in a few days.

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I think it's brilliant and has all sorts possibilities.

4. HR28QT

HR28QT
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea, how about fix the AI paths in this map? When I set up an amazing roadblock and wanted a T-Series to crash through it while I chase it in a Roamer Sheriff, the T-Series slammed the brakes a turn before the roadblock, and it immediately drove off a cliff afterwards. Is there a way you can fix the AI from randomly turning around and driving off cliffs?

5. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Chrome says Trynelgren2.7.zip is malicious. I know this isn't your fault, but is mediafire messing around with the file?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

Mediafire might be messing around with the file, or the problem could be stemming from the ads on Mediafire. Anyhow, I'll upload it from college as an attachment tomorrow. For the sake of third party links, I'll also put it on google drive and dropbox.

Out of curiosity, does this link cause the same thing to happen? download1496.mediafire.com/kdox5s1avhpg/c6zkwvm2kz68mxs/Trynelgren2.7.zip

With Scepheo's help, I could probably make the ai follow a certain path in a scenario. Unfortunately, in free roam, the ai does whatever is feels like doing. Were you using the ai "flee" mode or the "random path." If you were using the first of these, the ai might have decided that it should flee from all vehicles.
    Also, could you show a picture of where the truck drove off the cliff? There might be something wrong with the ai pathing in that spot.

#106 Ouerbacker, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  7. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

With the new link, nothing's changed. Perhaps it's my computer, but I doubt it because my install is pretty good and other downloads still work.
    Untitled.png

I'll wait until it goes up on the repository/mods page, I trust you but not mediafire

8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

The link currently works for me - I put in the capcha, hit authorize, and get a legit download. I'm using Chrome. If your Chrome disagrees, I'd be inclined to agree with it and wait for an alternative download link.

The discrepancy is weird though.

9. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I'm having the exact same thing happen. Oh well, I'll just wait for it to upload to the forums

10. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I took the 'unfinished' download and added '.zip' to it, scanned it and Panda AV found no problem.

That song though!! Didnt think it would stop :D Havent played the track more than 20 sec yet but it keeps getting better and better!!

11. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

Trynelgren2.7 is now attached to the first post, and two additional alternative links have been added. I don't really know why chrome was suspicious about the mediafire files, but the additional download options should get rid of this problem.

In a way, I'm quite surprised that people don't seem to mind the little bit of loadup music. That music was recorded with a gaming headset and a slightly out of tune piano. :p It's also the accompaniment for vocals, so it's missing most of its tune.

12. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

Always happy to burst a bubble: not a fan. Now let's see if there's any candy I can steal from babies.

I don't really mind the music itself actually, it just feels out of place to me and takes a little too long to finish. While I'm being blunt anyway: the banking of the one lane road is a bit too much for me, and I'd increase the fogging and related options on the tiny lake to get it somewhat sharper and darker. These are all if-I-was-making-this-map-comments: the kind of stuff I'd tweak until they were entirely to my (very personal) taste.

That said, I'm pleasantly surprised by how well that little road works, and I love the addition of the small lake. This map is easily my favourite terrain mod.

13. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

Bubbles only exist to be burst. :)

Since I finally came up with a way of banking roads, I sorta ran with it. Adjusting the banking takes little to no time. Are there particular corners that need less backing, or are all of them over-banked? Also, this, " it just feels out of place to me and takes a little too long to finish," will be considered after I take care of ambient sounds, which will be something like Dpitkin's rally forest's sounds, and the lake is a big wip.

14. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely no idea why but for some reason the Sbr4 race will load, but wont start for me, in that it wont give me a countdown and the cars are stuck endlessly revving unable to move.
    Not sure if this is the right place to whine however, so if nothing can be helped here ill try to go bug Scepheo or the questions forum.

As for info on the problem it has only begun after the recent update, and i think it was a problem even before 2.7, when the stripped moonhawk was what you raced.
    All the files seem to be present, as they are for the other scenarios, and this is the only scenario that does this for me.. i also don't know if i am the only one.

**EDIT: It works if you load in from another scenario/map, but not if trynelgren itself was the map you are currently in when loading the scenario.
    **EDIT2: official game bug, as shown in the comment below. Move along people, nothing to see here.

#114 derpfleet55, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  15. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

I feel like all off them are banked a little bit past the realism-sweet-spot, and the road after the "container jump" stays banked quite far along the straight after the corner. It's actually not very noticeable when driving at some speed.

No need to bug me, I've read this and I'll have a look. Can't say I've run into this before, though.

EDIT: This is a bug in the game, it happens in official maps and scenarios too.

#115 Scepheo, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

17. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

18. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

Ouerbacker updated Trynelgren with a new update entry:

Trynelgren 2.7 - fixed and improved scenarios

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that feels a lot better, and more in line with the other roads in the map. Did I mention I'm really liking this map?

20. Hermironry

Hermironry
    Expand Collapse

This is now OFFICIALLY the absolute BEST MAP EVER CREATED!! I have to put this in a YouTube video, it's literally the ultimate dream holiday location!!!!!!! Thanks a LOT!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice