WIP Beta released Trynelgren 3.1

A midsize map with grass and trees

1. Plymouth51b

Plymouth51b
    Expand Collapse

I freaking love this map. It only has one looped road and a few interconnecting streets, but that's all it really needs. Plenty of high speeds with dangerous turns.

The trails are a little more choppy as it feels like Im still on tarmac, but hey win some loose some, it's still fun to blast around in the hills and go rock crawling.

Pros:
    Plenty of FPS, low on demand, very pretty, plenty of roads for a small map and trails to faff about in

Cons:
    No real dirt and it feels like it's tarmac all the time.

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

/\ I see you enjoy hopping the barrier at the crest too...

Ouerbacker, please continue to add to this map - it has so much potential to be even more.

3. Plymouth51b

Plymouth51b
    Expand Collapse

That's an awesome little jump to pull off. I've figured that you need to hit that hill at about 120 MPH if you want to clear the barrier. That jump in my picture was done at just over 130 MPH, with a big, heavy drag car.

4. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Map is missing textures afer 0.5.1.0 update.
    screenshot_00842.png screenshot_00843.png

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

6. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

I got a little lazy and only changed the material.cs paths to the updated "SnowyTrynelgren" after I changed a texture. I know that it used to work if you also had the updated version of the normal Trynelgren. This might no longer be the case for the new version, though. I think that I'll finish the texture edits on this map today and upload it to the repository.

7. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks.

8. Tom C

Tom C
    Expand Collapse

What is the name of the song that plays when you first load the map? Great mod, by the way!

9. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

The name of that song is "Weep You no More." It was written by Roger Quilter. The rendition that I tossed together doesn't reflect the song very well. It was meant to be used as a practice tool for a singer, so it's not exactly musical.

Also, thanks. I'm glad that you like the mod.

10. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, could I use Unreal Engine 4 to make roads? All I've seen people use is the Cryengine Editor and the Sims 3 Create a World, neither of which I have. I tried using blender, but having a 4k resolution terrain with an 8gb PC is pretty much instant death.

It seems UE4 seems to have a pretty decent road editor. It can also draw mesh roads, too!

11. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

It looks like UE4 would work. You also might want to look into L3DT.

12. vnsjoz

vnsjoz
    Expand Collapse

13. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

Uh, I hate that website. I see so much stolen mods on there it just makes me sick.

makes me afraid of releasing my WIP map called Mt. Nebo. I'm gonna try putting watermarks around the map saying "Map Created By Austint30" They're not going to be in the way, but I can probably put "Ads" around watermarking my map.

• Like Like x 1
  14. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

That's ALMOST JUST inevitable, not saying it's not possible to keep it from going there but good luck

15. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

I wish BeamNg maps could have the option to only be uploaded to the BeamNG website and if it notices that it was uploaded to somewhere that is not the BeamNG domain, it will corrupt itself or something. Not sure this is possible or if it can be easily bypassed, but it would be pretty nice to have, especially if we would have the ability to get paid for making mods.

16. Carsokos

Carsokos
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

17. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

Ouerbacker updated Trynelgren with a new update entry:

old map - new look

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

It looks better than ever, i'd only like to report some things you may have missed though :)
    The dirt seems to have the same material as asphalt, grip and sounds are the same as asphalt roads.
    The map in game is titled as V3.0 rather than V3.1, and the description has a typo.

Other than that this map looks stunning, thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. N7Milla

N7Milla
    Expand Collapse

My favourite map is now broken. No trees, The road is '' No materials'', The grass texture is just a big ass grid. I've verified cache and that didn't do anything it only fixed some other tiny texture errors. I were so excited to see the new look of it... I've even tried re-installing the map but didn't help either. Here's a screenshot to basically show what i'm talking about. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917954277 idk how to post just a regular picture so i shared the screenshot on steam.

20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried deleting it and downloading/installing it again?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice