WIP Tu-154

Discussion in 'Air' started by jgb, Mar 7, 2025.

  1. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209
    Dont need an animation, I have both the fully animated model from the original xplane mod the model is from, and the jbeam itself is the part that does both the physics and the animations stuffs.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you kind stranger :)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. oxygen

    oxygen
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2025
    Messages:
    302
    Npp
     
  3. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209


    Redid the base for the horizontal stabilizers, adding in the trim. Also did alot of tuning on the fuselage to get started on a basic interior.

    Huge thanks to @Shadow_Clan1965 for help with figuring out how to fix some shading issues on the model, looks way better and saves about 100k vertices from being loaded by your pc for no reason!(Also will help alot with the crash model not having spikes)
     
    • Like Like x 4
  4. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209


    just under 3 hours of recorded video, and its nowhere near done. I need to add more jbeam to the "hydraulics" to make them both more stable and actually usable, then I need to add the hydros for retracting the gear. THEN I can do the actual wheels.
     
    • Like Like x 5
  5. oxygen

    oxygen
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2025
    Messages:
    302
    Art
     
  6. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209
    Gear is now retractable, still needs a lot of tuning but thats all I'm doing for the day.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  7. soup bowl

    soup bowl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2023
    Messages:
    181
    how do you work so fast
     
  8. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209
    pain, suffering, and less stuff to do right now since im on a small school break. Progress will be slowing down, and also gear takes forever anyways.
     
  9. im a avgeek

    im a avgeek
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2026
    Messages:
    66
    HOW IS IT LOOKING SO GOOD
    --- Post updated ---
    are you using blender 5.0? because i am
     
  10. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209
    yeah, blender 5.0
    for specific addons I sometimes go back to 4.5, other times 3.6, or even 2.8 haha. but for most of the modifications and for the jbeam editor I use 5.
     
  11. im a avgeek

    im a avgeek
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2026
    Messages:
    66
    i think you should update this if anything is ready
     
  12. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209
    I have been updating it, the colored text that shows what is currently being worked on. Maybe I'll update the whole thing soon.
     
  13. im a avgeek

    im a avgeek
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2026
    Messages:
    66
    please dont cancel it
     
  14. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209
    I wont be canceling it(again, lol) because I have no other projects I feel motivated to work on at the moment, and if I ever reach a point where I dont want to continue this project, I will finish what I can and pass it to another modder.
    --- Post updated ---

    First iteration of wheels were added, will be completely redone. Also did like, way to much tuning work on the gear, and still need to do more.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  15. im a avgeek

    im a avgeek
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2026
    Messages:
    66
    i saw it on yt btw
     
  16. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209
    Considering that I am the one posting it on youtube, and I linked it in the reply, I would assume so;)(kidding, dont take it rudely)
    --- Post updated ---
    I am very, very happy with how the gear is looking hehe. I honestly think that with some more tuning, and fixing some of the obvious issues, such as gear trying to unfold when heavy pitch is applied, it might be one of the best things I have ever made!



    IGNORE THE OTHER SIDE BEING TERRIBLE
    The shaking on landing/braking is because the right side gear and wheels are both old versions.



    Another video, to show it in normal speed.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  17. jgb

    jgb
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2023
    Messages:
    209


    More tuning on the gear and wheels, and copied over to the right side as well.

    Another demonstration of the now much better landing gear

     
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Zoidberg38538

    Zoidberg38538
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2025
    Messages:
    399
    And I’m still trying to figure out where everything is in files…
     
  19. McdonnellDouglasDc-9

    McdonnellDouglasDc-9
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2026
    Messages:
    10
    another soviet aircraft coming next after the 737-100 cant wait!!
     
  20. im a avgeek

    im a avgeek
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2026
    Messages:
    66
    i subbed to your channel
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice