Tutorial: How to Temporarily add AI With Hidden Decalroad Without Editing Folders!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Danny Werewolf, Jun 22, 2017.

?

Did This Help!?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Please Help (Post In Comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

How to Temporarily add AI With Hidden Decalroad without Editing Folders!

Just a tip on adding more AI with hidden Decalroads (but terrain is still needed). Just tell me if you already know this, but if you do, atleast everyone else (and everyone should know this) should learn this.
    Note!: Shouldn't need to do anything with the files.

Of course, Open the World Editor using F11.

I will be adding AI to this track. You can do the same one just to follow. (i'm doing this on ATE Playgrounds because I was already there and I didn't want to crash from loading World Editor.)
    screenshot_00146.png

Next you want to make a Decalroad on the part you want to make drivable. I am just doing it on one side, but you can do it on the other so you can race!
    (it doesn't matter if the decalroad is glitching, we are making it invisible anyway.)
    screenshot_00147.png

After that, you would make the material into a texture that is most likely a Pothole. (works best because backround is transparent.)
    screenshot_00148.png screenshot_00149.png

Once that is done, you want to go to the right (or wherever your "Roads And Paths" tab is at) and change the "TextureLength" under "DecalRoad" to a huge number. (most likely 1e+009 which will equal into a number near 1000000000). Make sure to change the Drivability to "1" or else the road won't work!
    screenshot_00150.png

After you did all of that, the AI should work correctly, and the NaviGraph should show up after you rejoin the map. (make sure to save it or click CTRL+L to reload the AI systems and stuff after you save the edit.) Once you rejoin the game and turn the NaviGraph on, you should see the NaviGraph show up.
    screenshot_00151.png

Ask me if you have anything not working, but the vehicles should drive around fine.
    screenshot_00152.png screenshot_00153.png screenshot_00154.png

(tell me if there are any mistakes here in this, I will edit it when needed.)

#1 Danny Werewolf, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The title is a bit misleading, it says "no decalroad" but it uses decalroads. Could you change it to "Adding AI with hidden roads"?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for catching me on that!

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Anytime.

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

This is good to show others this method. I have been using transparent decal roads to guide my AI vehicles for over a year now, it always works very well and is much more intuitive.
    If the pothole texture doesn't seem to suit folks, they can always steal the completely_transparent.dds file out of Nevada Interstate's ART/ROADS directory, and script that in for use, if they know how (your version here is simpler).

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice