1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Two-Step

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by Diamondback, Aug 6, 2018.

1. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

it seems like every car i've tried it on just uses a soft cut limiter for the two-step? i thought it was supposed to use the same limiter logic that the car uses for it's maximum rpm.
    also, why does it take a second to kick in? i hold the brake and the gas, the engine revs to redline or close to redline, then gradually falls back down to my launch rpm.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'm noticing a distinct lack of afterfires, which we should be getting
    You're also right on the type of rev limiter
    As for the RPM going above the target at first, I found that if you hold the brake and blip max throttle, then quickly reduce it, you activate the 2-step without going above the target RPM.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fizzer99

Fizzer99
    Expand Collapse

Is this 2 step only for automatic cars? I'm not getting it to work on manual.

4. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

hold clutch + brake + gas. not sure if handbrake works, but i assume it must, considering you can't be expected to manage all 3 pedals at once for something as simple as a launch.

5. Fizzer99

Fizzer99
    Expand Collapse

Never mind! got it working.

6. kane_25926

kane_25926
    Expand Collapse

how did you manage to get it working with a manual trans?

7. Car_Genius

Car_Genius
    Expand Collapse

Push the brake, clutch, and gas pedal at the same time when 2-step is activated, then dump the clutch and brake. If it doesn't work, make sure you are giving 100 percent input for each, as with wheels it can be hard to get the brake to be at 100 percent input.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

once you get the 2-step actually engaged, you can let go of the brake and only hold the gas. i recommend doing this if you have a wheel + pedals, so you dont have to do weird foot stuff. hold the handbrake to keep you from rolling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SuperChargedMOOO

SuperChargedMOOO
    Expand Collapse

edit: Disregard post

#69 SuperChargedMOOO, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  10. Ziggex

Ziggex
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed that this system doesn't allow the engine to build boost at least with standard rev limiter types I've tried, which kind of defeats the point of having two-step on a turbocharged car. I don't know about cars with the smooth limiter 'cause I rarely play around with them.

11. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

That's the job of anti-lag, not 2-step. While 2-step can build boost, it usually isn't designed to, and some wont build any boost depending on the type of 2-step. 2-step is simply a driver assist to aid in holding launch RPM.

I would normally say that anti-lag is a highly unlikely pipe dream (in fact I don't think I've ever heard of a game that properly models anti-lag), but considering the detail that the devs are putting in (such as 2-step, transbrakes etc) that are always missed out on other games, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets added.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ziggex

Ziggex
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure one of the devs mentioned that the current engine model is simple at best with no accurate fuel flow simulation or anything, so you'd think that they'd need to entirely revamp the way engines are simulated. Also you can install timing based (I assume by the way they spit flames) two-step systems in some cars, which should technically behave like anti-lag.

13. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

Like I said, ignition-cut 2-step can build boost, but it isn't specifically designed to, and it wont build boost as effectively as actual anti-lag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice