1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Unable to save custom vehicles

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by maui1967, Dec 28, 2017.

1. maui1967

maui1967
    Expand Collapse

When I try to save a customized vehicle, many times it will not let me type a filename. I can click in the field/box and a cursor appears, but when I type nothing appears. It seems the keyboard is in game-control mode, because if I hit the "h" key, the horn honks.
    This doesn't happen every time, but I have only been able to save a customized vehicle twice out of several dozen times trying.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

When you type, the mouse cursor is still on the input box?
    You should see the text cursor once you clicked on the input box

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. maui1967

maui1967
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the cursor is in the input box and it's blinking, but when I type nothing appears. In fact if I hit the H key the horn honks. So it appears to still be in game-control mode rather than letting me type anything.

4. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

Disable mods, then clear cache, try to disable the option <allow forcefeedback when window is not focused> It may be that you have bindings of the keyboard in the FFB section. If that doesn't work then it will need to be fixed by the devs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice