1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Unfinished Derby Arena? Discuss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TYLERTJ, Jul 19, 2014.

1. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Does the Derby Arena map in Drive seem unfinished? It's a nice terrain, but very unfinished. I find myself way too many times seeing some GM's drive off into oblivion in the middle of a Demolition Derby. I mean come on, guy. Why did you just flea the race? :p ss (2014-07-18 at 10.11.17).jpg

AFAIK, it was updated in the Pre-Race update to a certain extent:
    hills were added to the edges...
    Skybox?

But it's not up to the same quality as Dry Rock, or, obviously Small Island. But the Arenas map is so.... Small. I know you can't change the resolution of the height map after you've made it in Tourque3D, but you could make it an island. Or make big mountain-ish hills with a dense forest.

Also, the Arenas seems quite odd; there are a couple of stadiums, but nothing else. There a no roads connecting the to the outside, but that would be hard to do on an island:p. ss (2014-07-18 at 10.11.57).jpg So what you could do is put a small town smack dab in the center of it.

Also, here's a tunnel going to nowhere: ss (2014-07-18 at 10.13.33).jpg Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

Anyway, we love you LJFHutchy<3. (I will update this post)
    discuss!

#1 TYLERTJ, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  2. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Maybe make it like Cockatoo Island in Sydney, Aus give it the ex military/prison style almost like death race.

3. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

The map is purely designed for demolition derbies in the arenas; everything that isn't an arena is just eye candy. With the focus on the race update it hasn't had much attention but that doesn't mean it won't get it in the future.

4. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

So in the future you might have some more realistic maps? Flat packed clay-like mud? That would be nice. I've seen some shitty tracks before but the craters and terrain changes kinda ruin the driving for me. I like variety from track to track but not asphalt to mud to grass all in the same track lol. But at least they're somewhat realistic so thank you for that

5. crashman50

crashman50
    Expand Collapse

AI,they would be flying off unfinished edges and stuff :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice