1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Unnecessary frame rate fluctuation.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kennethrobinette\, May 16, 2024.

1. Kennethrobinette\

Kennethrobinette\
    Expand Collapse

My pc slowly gets worse and worse with every beamng update and every nvidia driver update. Right now, with the new real mirrors, the frame rate claims to be around 30 FPS, but in the FPS shower that shows when you press Ctrl+F fluctiates between 50 and 30 FPS and every 10 ish seconds, drops down to 20ish FPS, causing a lag. How do I disable this? I would like the FPS to stay around 30-40, but the numbers never calm down, and even though it says Average 45-ish FPS, it feels kind of laggy.

2. Ananel81

Ananel81
    Expand Collapse

At every update, the framerate decrease, that's not a problem with your pc it happens to everyone. You can try to disable some graphics options, like the new mirror reflection which increase alot your CPU usage.
    What's your config, and how do you setup your graphics settings?

3. LegThePeg

LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

Do you have the FPS limiter enabled? That might help you

4. Kennethrobinette\

Kennethrobinette\
    Expand Collapse

No I don't. How do I do this?
    --- Post updated ---
    My PC is pretty bad with an I5 2500 and GT 1030, 16gb of ram, and (thankfully) an SSD. All of my settings are on low except for mesh quality. I always remove shadows in every map and make the sky show less sun.
    --- Post updated ---
    I tried it. I pressed the setting to Limit framerate to 60fps, but it isn't limiting the framerate to 60fps.

5. LegThePeg

LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

Go to the "Graphics" section in your menu, then you should find "FPS Limiter".

Not the refresh rate limiter

6. Kennethrobinette\

Kennethrobinette\
    Expand Collapse

I tried it. I pressed the setting to Limit framerate to 60fps, but it isn't limiting the framerate
    I found it in Display, not Graphics. And it didn't stop the FPS from randomly dropping to 20 sometimes.

7. LegThePeg

LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

Sorry.

8. Kennethrobinette\

Kennethrobinette\
    Expand Collapse

In the west coast map, I spawned 4 or 5 vehicles, and at least a couple of them had the realistic mirrors. That was before the 0.32 update, and now I cant even drive a single bus with realistic mirrors in the west coast map. And something I somehow did must have started making the FPS jump around a lot? I don't get it. I don't know what I did wrong. In real life, there is no lag when driving a vehicle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice