Unpopular Car Opinions

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by nosraenyr kcirtap kcin, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I particularly love cars from 1973-1998, while I loath alot of cars from 1950-1971, i consider the 1950-1971 one of the most overrated era of cars, one particular example is i prefer the 1974-81 Camaro over the already aged, boring and overused 1967-69 Camaro.

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, like anybody would've cared when the first gen came (Prius). Plus, the Leaf is more younger, so by the time, the Prius was in the head. (The Nissan Leaf is WAY BETTER than the Prius, and ain't trash.)
    --- Post updated ---
    Hasn't Nissan learned that the Sunny before sucked?

3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

You just can't compare the leaf and the prius. They're different cars, in different segments, made for different markets.

The leaf is pretty good, the trash thing was mostly a reference to the overall lack of quality in modern renaults and nissans. I've been in a prius once, admittedly I was barely conscious, but it felt pretty high-quality. I've also been in a new Clio (which uses the platform that the Leaf is based on) and it felt like crap overall. Cheap plastic everywhere, poor ride quality, overall bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I think the previous Sunny "sucked" for you for the same reason it "sucked" for Top Gear - you aren't in the target demographic.

Also, no, the Leaf is not better, unless you're a fan of range anxiety, rapid depreciation and small interior.

5. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I don't like Top Gear, to me it's 3 old wankers talk about cars we will never have.

6. furryparadise76

furryparadise76
    Expand Collapse

i like tesla

7. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Same. I'd rather browse local forums on car reviews. They're more reasonable and don't bash a car just because it's boring or doesn't handle like a sports car. They are more relateable and most of the time discusses ergonomics, practicality, maintenance cost, and reliability of such car.

8. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. My favourite era is 1982-2002.

9. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I would argue that range isn't a huge concern in the Leaf. It's a city car, after all, so it's not going to be taken on long trips. Whatever range it has is probably enough for at least a week's driving; then you charge the thing at home or at some charging port in your city and you're good to go again.

Small interiors, though, have no excuse. I haven't ever felt as claustrophobic in a car as I did when I sat on the passenger side of a 4th generation Seat Ibiza (and this is coming from someone who finds the interior of a Peugeot 106 extremely spacious). Easily one of the most intrusive dashboards ever made.

Driving it isn't so bad since the dash is sorta angled in an akward way, so the driver has more breathing room overall.

10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

IIRC the Leaf was marketed as an eco--friendly, somewhat versatile, daily driver.

11. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about your country, but here the official nissan site says "city car" right on the tagline for the new Leaf.

12. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

I dont like the ferrari f40 as much as it deserves

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Surprising, since when I hear "city car", I think of Europe.
    --- Post updated ---
    Are they really that different? They are 5-door (Trunk counts) hatchbacks, and focus on the environment. Also, the LEAF and Prius are advertised as environment-friendly vehicles. I also found out that the LEAF is somewhat hybrid as well.

14. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Makes sense, I'm european after all.

They both have 5 doors and the eco-friendly nonsense as a marketing point, but apart from that they are very different cars. The most important difference being that the Leaf is a B-segment car (Subcompact), and the Prius is a C-segment car (Compact).
    Subcompacts are relatively basic and primarily used as city cars, while compacts usually offer more space, comfort, and power, at the expense of higher running costs. And most importantly, subcompacts are cheaper, which means the target demographic for the Prius is more wealthy than the target demographic of the Leaf.

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Performance in the LEAF and Prius are definitely different, but I know that the Prius is kind-of slow, even for being a compact.

16. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you and I were in a different generation Prius or yours had a higher trim package, but the Prius I drove for my drivers ed class felt super cheap and plastic-y, nowhere near what I would describe as high quality.
    Relating to the Prius discussion, I don't really understand why people buy them. You can get plenty of other vehicles with a hybrid drivetrain without having to drive one of the ugliest cars in production and being instantly hated by most other road users. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the drivers wanting a status symbol, "look at me! I'm saving the environment and I'm better than you!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I'd take the LEAF over that heap any day, especially the 1st and 4th gens... the only Prius I'd buy is the Prime.

18. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

Here's a controversial opinion: I like the Prius. Sure, it's not anywhere near a performance vehicle, but it's a fine car. Hell, I even took my driving test in one.

19. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Even the Prime still isn't very attractive though, I'd much rather have a hybrid Camry.
    So did I, and it was awful.

20. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

If you were specifying as the 2nd gen and 3rd gen, it's average/mediocre for me. Nothing that impressive about it besides technology, which I might say average, but the engine and the design kind of look mediocre to me.
    --- Post updated ---
    Atleast you wouldn't explode into a barf-implosion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice