Unsolved Unstable Drivetrain components.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Ai'Torror, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm having problems with the RPMs on the Rear wheels and Rear Differential on the DPMP Pessima that I'm fixing.
    The RPM goes from -100rpm to +100 while not moving at all.

Here is a quick video of what is happening:

The Drivetrain components are exactly the same as on the AWD Covet which works just fine...
    I have a suspecion that it might have to do it using the stock pessima suspension JBeam... If this is the problem, could you assist me in fixing it?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm just quickly pointing few things without looking the file as bit busy right now.

Differential lock torque, if that is too high, such can happen. (lower weight wheels can't use as high diff lock force/torque).

Also if you combine sections from Covet and Pessima, make sure your naming matches to Pessima, left right wheel, axles, etc.

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Every single part of the diffs, driveshaft, transmission and transfer case from the covet has been copied to the pessima and I've changed every single "hatch" into "pessima" with non-locked transfercases it doesn't explode the rear suspension, but it still puts quite a bit of stress on the drivetrain.
    I've checked every single drivetrain component few times and still no success...

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I had that same thing happening, it was with semi and I had diff lock torque too high, there was also another instance of the issue and I think it was related to ratios then, however can't really remember any better now.

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Neither of those are a factor in this case I think...
    It happenes with open diffs and low lock torque viscous transfer case.
    Even though the Gear ratios on both of the diffs are set the same (4.11 or 4.23) the rear axle seems to push a bit more in the way of power.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice