Released (Update Jan 7) High power car pack 8.1.0

A pack of cars that contain high performance parts. Some realistic, some not so much :)

1. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I have done a lot of work for the Pessima and I must say I am quite happy with the results. Since higher power with FWD is not feasible, I wrote my own rear differential for the Pessima. And since the default coilovers (even the race ones!) were too soft in the rear, I wrote some stiffer suspension for it as well. Here is the mod before I upload a new version officially:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheRobster5555

TheRobster5555
    Expand Collapse

*sigh* I just downloaded 2.3 e.e

3. TheRobster5555

TheRobster5555
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed a bug: once the pessima reaches top speed at the rev limiter it just bogs down

4. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

On what version? The only one that I could get close to the limiter with was the GT version and I specifically coded it to max out at the limiter (180mph top speed)

5. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

By the way, for anyone wondering if I plan on doing a Bollide, then I ask that you go check out the Racecar mod by @Slayersen as his Bollide mod outperforms anything I could ever do with my current knowledge of jbeam. However if there is popular request for a stock-looking Bollide with higher performance, then I will consider it.

6. TheRobster5555

TheRobster5555
    Expand Collapse

I was doing that on the highway map with stage 3 and racing transmission

7. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah I did a rear diff myself and the wheels were just going faster than the rest of the car (super soft coilovers). I was like : "Oh, that's not normal"

8. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

There's some downhill parts that allow you to gain more speed, but I specifically coded the racing transmission to have a top speed of 180mph. The philosophy behind the Pessima I did was cheap performance (The value of the GT version only cost 12k, while the other supercars in its performance class are 60k+, and this will matter when career mode starts).

9. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Spaceballs the Username updated High power car pack (w/ Scenarios!) with a new update entry:

Added models for every high performance configuration, vastly improved SBR Engine X

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Spaceballs the Username updated High power car pack (w/ Scenarios!) with a new update entry:

Added Twin Turbo 200BX, reduced stickiness of tires on SBR4 and Sunburst

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Hm, how about giving some of these a few Spaceball liveries? The red, the orange and the dark green one would fit these superpowered cars really good.
    And a second suggestion: Maybe a D-Series W8 (or evenW10) BiTurbo based on the sport versoin?

12. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

The update (0.5) broke it :(
    There's gonna be a problem with tires bursting at high speed too :/

#72 Firepower, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  13. PainyTOXA

PainyTOXA
    Expand Collapse

2.3 IS working on 0.5, but SBR4's wheels are exploding at something near 330kmph, then something bad happens, game turns off physics and respawns the car. Sunburst is okay at 350kmph.

14. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

How did you get it to work?

15. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I just updated the SBR to version 0.5 turbos. I'm removing the custom sounds for the time being because currently, i have to update the original engines of cars i modify to keep their sounds working. I also tweaked the power so that it's more in line with a realistic V8 engine, and it is a more incremental step up from the SBR's top-end F4 engine. The result is something more driveable and realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I don't want to require my paint mod for the high power car mod to work. That to me feels like a cheese to get people to download my other mods, which i don't want to do.

I'll consider adding some modifications to the D-Series. I plan to eventually add modifications to every single vehicle, but it's a slow process, especially now that I'm updating the mod.

17. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

I just... meant that you could integrate the orange skin into this mod (all vehicles, or at least some), because it looks really nice and would fit quite nicely. You don't have to feel like teasing with that, because you aren't really, and if you do, you can give me the fault.

Also, great to hear that you also want to add better specifications to less performant cars. I've noticed that the Moonhawk and Barstow could need that really badly.

18. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I took your advice on this, and when version 3.0 gets approved, the Sunburst will have a model using the orange skin that has power similar to a Koenigsegg Agera. The Sunburst has 7 models added, the SBR has 3, the 200BX has 3, and the Pessima has 4 models all made for v0.5. I have removed the scenarios, the semi, and the van for now, as I plan to do some better upgrades for them in the future.

19. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Whow. I see your career as a modder raise like the giant sun in the opening scene of The Lion King. :p

20. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

The Sunburst and the 200BX do not work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice