1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

I really want the Gavril Bandit from RoR to make a comeback, albeit in a batshit crazy, modern muscle form. I think there's a definitive gap in the automotive profile here that it would fill perfectly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

i love european cars and their bumper plates. my biggest fetish

3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

To be fair, bicyclists near me universally drive like maniacs and nearly mow down pedestrials left and right. Like, imagine those russian dashcam videos but with everyone on a bicycle. That's life in the city here.

4. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Preaching to the choir here.
    Specifically, he said the "infrasound" emitted from windmills causes heart damage, which is a false conspiracy theory.
    As a Californian who likes EVs and primarily uses a bike to get around, I'm sure Chuck would love to hold my head up to a diesel 4x4's exhaust and watch as it chokes me to death. I can see why normal drivers don't like cyclists, however. The people who don't follow the rules of the road or wear reflective gear, of which there are sadly a lot of, are a big problem. I don't think they're any worse than people who drive in the overtaking lane or don't use their turn signals, though.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. vintage apple

vintage apple
    Expand Collapse

I really hope it gets a HEV and PHEV version

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

i hope its French or American
    or
    something i guess

• Like Like x 1
  7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

no u car

no u car

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Plot twist: It's the Soliad Wendover, completely redesigned since the first development render appeared! /s

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Clearly these bicyclists are irresponsible. Whenever I ride a bike, I make sure to at least be responsible.

I guess that's something to expect with the big city. I live in a more rural area, so it's not as hectic.

Oh, so it was heart problems, not brain damage. I actually remember this. I mentioned that the "spotty output" is probably why you can see them built in groups.

The unfortunate thing is, he is actually right about wildlife. Unfortunately they can take the lives of birds and other flying animals that fly in too close. I've always wondered if there's a solution to that.

10. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, the visuals for the new car teaser kinda feel like a modern car commercial.

Hey SuperAusten64, By the way, I did not know that you use a bike to get around. You sure are informative :)

Wait, how do you know it's the Soliad Wendover?

11. MercedesEclass

MercedesEclass
    Expand Collapse

I see the debate of whether older or newer cars have more variety is going on... I may as well post my chart here. This chart shows the top 4-door sedan from several car makers in 1990, as well as 2020. A 30 year difference.
    Chart is a bit small so I would recommend opening it in a new tab and zooming in.
    FINAL.jpg
    Which era do you think has more variety? I think the cars of 1990 look more different from each other than the 2020 models do, and there are a few reason why.
    In my opinion, cars from different regions had different flavours. American cars had a distinct flavour, European cars had a distinct flavour, and Japanese cars had a distinct flavour. Now regardless of where the car is from, they seem to have the same general flavour.

Aside from that I see more different styling trends in the older cars than the newer ones:
    The older cars are curvy or boxy, they have square, round, hidden, or odd shaped headlights, they have sloped or square roof lines, they have large, small, or no grilles, some are sporty while some aren't, etc.
    The newer cars have the same general shape, most have odd shaped headlights similar to each other, they all have sloped roof lines, they all have large grilles, and almost all of them have the same sporty and aggressive styling.

Regardless of that though, Beam is lacking in modern vehicles and the one we are getting isn't very similar to the ones we already do have. Getting a modern car next doesn't mean we'll never get more older vehicles later.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Probably not, as birds are little shits and go wherever the hell they want. There isn't really a way to stop them from flying into windmills wind turbines, but I can't see it being as big of a problem as he tried to make it.
    I was just joking.

#20292 SuperAusten64, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It's just how things happen as various companies come to the same conclusions, and a natural fact of comparing an 80 year time span while companies were still figuring things out to a 20 year time span where they mostly have things figured out. Apperently people will debate that though...

Just look at how diverse race cars use to be before all the loop holes were closed. Fan cars, 6 wheeled F1 cars... err, car... And so on.

Anyway, general comment about vehicle content. 0.14 we had very little variety within each vehicle model outside of the comercial vehicles. We got the Baja Piccobello, the eSBR, the Bluebuck got bodystyles with identical silhouettes and now the D-Series has one with a different silhouette as well as a ton of frames, and the Hopper Crawler is so heavily modified... Let's hope this year sets a precedent for vehicle content. Between this all and traffic/drag racing/lighting it is incredible how far this game has come in 12 months.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

They could be taking a page from Ford; it might be the 2020 E-Barstow

#20294 RedHorizon, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Please ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-12-19_20-17-53.png

Here's my attempt - I think my wheel arches are maybe a bit small. I based this off the initial side view, using bezier curves to trace the lines I could see and using the other shots to fill in the blanks.

• Like Like x 5
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, with what I see in these traces, my mind is wanting to go with it being a five door hatchback.

18. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention all the Illuminati symbolism underneath the A-pillar...?

• Like Like x 3
  19. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I mostly ride a bike, only drive a car for long distance travel. However, there are lots of cyclists in my area who run red and go wrong way, there're so many of them that commuting by bike is like playing a "bullet hell" game.
    Older vehicles are better in terms of aesthetics, modern vehicles mostly look the same.

20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Tbh, I like all of it. I have no problem with either side, except for a couple of the grilles on the left, but those are hardly deal breakers in my opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice