1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

There may be no "disagree" button, but they could've rated the opposing comments "agree". Which only a few did.

Let's face it, if we polled the entire Beam playerbase, well... Take a look at the most popular YouTube videos, the most voted for niche would be Lamborghini mesh slaps. If the sample size is everyone who's bought the game, the entire forum community is a vocal minority.

I'm probably up with the top for wanting a '30's American coupe, but even I think a 60's British sports car needs to be added first. Preferably Shelby style with American V8 options...

Mmmm, twin supercharged goodness all in a nimble little vintage racing package.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering my question =)
    Um, SuperAusten64. I'm pretty sure Srockzz has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want a pre-war car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  4. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Well, it looks like 58% of people are in favor of a prewar car being made after the Wendover and it looks like 42% of people are against a prewar car being made after the Wendover as of me writing this.

5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

This is the best point raised in this entire thread. The vast, vast majority of players do not care. Steamspy estimates 1-2 million people own this game on steam, then you have a mere 300k members on this forum, of which who knows how many are inactive accounts. At the time of writing this there are 80 registered users online. Then you have this thread, which is probably ignored by a good number of people, and finally, you have the 15 people who voted in the poll at the time of writing.

We aren't even a minority, we're an insignificant speck.

Aditionally, this is the update speculation thread. The point of this was to discuss things which would likely make it into a future update because it had been hinted at, teased, or discussed in the past. There have been no official mentions of a pre war car anywhere by any dev, so discussion of that sould not occur here, but instead in the vehicle suggestion thread. Argue your points there as to why you think we should have a pre war car, not here.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Frankly, I'm just not sure why you actively wouldn't want one. At the end of the day, content is content. I'm not even against having an electric car in the game as long as the devs don't try to push some w o k e sociopolitical message with it and so far they show no signs of doing so.

#20646 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I see what you mean, but you sound like Alex Jones. I can't see a car simulator trying to push some "agenda", and this isn't even in the place to discuss that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of electric car, I'm really hoping to see an electric version of this hatch. Maybe it's because I've been staring at the Lego iPace on my desk for a week straight now, but when I watch that teaser video all I can think of is this:

#20648 ManfredE3, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
  9. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

So the new AWD system makes it so we don’t have all time AWD, correct? So the 800 and K series will only have the front wheels kick in when they don’t have enough traction? That sounds plenty exciting to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. FPSCanarussia

FPSCanarussia
    Expand Collapse

So which map do we think will be updated next? Will we receive the teased updates to Port/Industrial Site/Small Island, or an updated Jungle Rock Island, or something else?
    I think so, and it'll hopefully make the handling on the modern cars feel even more realistic.

11. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

on the topic of the maps, I find it interesting that they released hirochi, ECA, and derby arenas together, but utah was on its own.
    hirochi and ECA make sense to be together, as they share a lot of environment assets (trees, grass textures, probably road textures, etc.), but the derby arenas doesn't share anything with them. this suggests to me that it may have been one of the "easier" maps for them to overhaul, even though the main changes included the double-crossover dirt track, which doesn't seem all that simple to me, along with the distance ground meshes and general texture upgrades.
    this makes me wonder if the other "minor" maps are going to get more extensive changes,like if port is going to get some kind of completely new back area, or if it's going to be re-merged with industrial.

considering that JRI is one of the larger maps, and seemed lower quality than utah was pre-overhaul, I wouldn't be surprised if it's getting worked on currently.
    also, looking to utah, the mine tunnels were a very interesting and unique addition to the game. I wonder if they have any more unique features like this for JRI?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Indeed.

And content we've been getting lately - other than vehicles in the initial list - was usually tied to or meant to showcase technical improvements the developers have been working on.

So, unless they've been secretly working on mechanical turn signals or jbeamed curb feelers, and given that the next two vehicles - the modern hatchback and the Wendover - are more or less confirmed... what comes after those two, who knows?

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

Look around in the vehicle request

• Like Like x 1
  14. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The ETKI 2400/3000ix AWD already did that.

15. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-1-18_9-1-45.png
    Well this is.... complicated.
    This is pretty much a sample of both lurkers and active members of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

>says he's against pushing a political agenda
    >posts political stuff
    >huh.wav

• Like Like x 1
  17. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Well, I made a thread in Ideas and Suggestions called "Update for Jungle Rock Island, Small Island USA, and Industrial Site/Port" and a user called SithhyTM said this on that thread.

So yeah, SithhyTM said there was no word about Jungle Rock Island as stated by a devblog update some time ago. I've also heard nothing about a Jungle Rock Island, Small Island USA, Industrial Site, or Port update from the devs, so for all we know. Jungle Rock Island and the other maps I mentioned could end up like Dry Rock Island. Now, I'm not saying they will end up like Dry Rock Island.

There is a chance that these maps will get updated. I just haven't heard anything from the devs about updates for these maps yet unfortunately.
    Well, I looked the poll you linked earlier again and it looks like more people are against having a pre war car be made after the Wendover then people are in favor of a pre-war car being made after the Wendover.
    I'm honestly glad they are not pushing that type of message either. By the way, thank you for sharing your thoughts on an electric vehicle in the game.
    Well, you do make a good point about a car simulator not trying to push some agenda.
    Are you sure about Shotgun Chuck posting political stuff?

I think he was saying that he wasn't against an electric car being in the game as long the devs didn't try to push some sort of agenda with it, but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I totally agree with that statement =)

18. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I'm shocked. It's a shame that many people on this forum don't even have an appreciation for prewar cars, as they have lots of modding potential and they open the door to a certain part of car culture that isn't represented in-game yet :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

What else did you expect? You're essentially polling a random group of users who found a particular post, bothered with clicking a link and handling a captcha over a very tight time period. No matter what the results were, they weren't going to be very representative of the forum at large, and it certainly wasn't going to put the argument to bed.

The only thing that might (or at least might be closer) would be a poll set up on the forums itself to eliminate the possibility of double-voting, administered by the devs, and left up for months in an area that everyone could see it. But at that point, it might as well be another round of promised vehicle previews.

I was thinking about that yesterday - and I think that we're unlikely to see the two maps re-merged into one. Given that the area behind port represents a potential place to add entirely new map content without having to go to all the trouble of creating a completely new map, I don't think that the Beamng team is going to opt for removing content by turning the two maps into one.

I also think that might be the reason that the Port and Industrial maps have been delayed compared to the other maps under revision - they need time to design new road areas.

• Agree Agree x 7
  20. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

I said I was against a prewar car after the Wendover assuming that a prewar car would eventually come out, but other vehicles would be made before it. Prewar car would be great, although I’d rather get a mid 2000s compact or something like that before it. On the speculating side, I’m wondering what we’re gonna get in this next update. I’m assuming the new car, the rollers, and updated AWD. I’m hoping for some map revamps and UI updates but I’m not sure about those coming out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice