1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Nadoex litterally said "not a friday"

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I am dubious to be honest if the update will release next week. This week has just 4 working days in germany. The Monday after that long weekend is also a holiday.

I would estimate that IF the updates comes next week, it would come very early. Tuesday at the latest. For this however, the seems to be to little content trailers available. I also have to say that the devs spoke about "weeks"..... that is not the same as "within the next 1 - 2 weeks" but more like 3 - 7 weeks. Some of those weeks have passed by now and I personally would estimate that the update hits right after german Easter.... 14.04.2020 - 16.04.2020 because they said not on a Friday. If it isnt this week, then almost certainly between 20.04.2020 - 23.04.2020 because any later would be very close to May which imho would feel to late everything considered.

Regarding the car discussion, I think and like that the dev team strives for diversity. BeamNG is not just about its gorgeous crashes but also about realistic physics that are unheard of in any other car game.
    A lot of cars in BeamNG are not just representing an era and vehicle type.... they also represent a unique physics simulation: Take the Autobello Piccolina for example.... it is air cooled with all the advantages and disadvantages that entails. Or the e-SBR.... that pays the price in handling for being an electric conversion instead of the entire vehicle being designed for an electric drivetrain from the beginning.
    Which is the only thing I think I am going to dislike about the Vivace. Being both ICE and EV means that it most likely will have the same tunnel battery as the ESBR with all the drawbacks instead of a skateboard battery like most true EVs.

BeamNG creates unique cars with unique driving physics.... and I really really like that. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

Here I come again with my e-208. Look at this car, it is basically the same size than the cherrier (maybe even smaller), it got both ICE and electric drivetrains and has a skateboard battery in his electric version (look at the picture I linked). Both the ICE and electric version has the same interior and trunk size, no matter if there's batteries or not. If the devs would be a bit logic and make cars a bit comparable to real life, I believe the Cherrier would have the same battery layout as the e-208. If that's not the case I would be heavily disappointed.

EDIT : I would be disappointed if they make the same battery layout as the ESBR, it could be different from the e-208 layout

Attached Files:

• batterie-e-208.jpg
    #22623 _Tanco, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Big speculation: Nadeox1 might be using reverse psychology.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mamatari

mamatari
    Expand Collapse

that is to say ?

6. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

It could be on a friday.
    Again, this is just speculation, we don't know when the update will come out.(I hope it's soon...)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tjschel

tjschel
    Expand Collapse

They already said it will NOT be on a friday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

im guessing, that does not make it the real thing.

9. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I wonder when will get the cherrier video..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mrsmash

mrsmash
    Expand Collapse

My guess is either today (being optimistic) or Monday-Tuesday

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see the interior of the Vivace. Hopefully we get a digital cluster (and maybe also a normal one for the lower spec models).
    If they make the cluster interactive, or make it change colors with sport ESC that would be lovely.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

Yes that would be nice

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Man, the Small Island USA revamp looks good. I'm curious as to if Nadeox1 said anything about the update being released this week or next week. I thought he said it was in a couple of weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

The update is likely going to come out on Thursday. Nadeox confirmed that the update will not be coming out on a Friday, which is going against a trend. The only reason why they wouldn't release it on a Friday would be if there were stopping them, such as a holiday. This Friday is Good Friday, which is a national holiday in Germany, meaning that some companies might close for the day, so the update wouldn't be able to be released.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

0.18 came on a Monday if I remember correctly.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

Correct. And 0.17 came on a friday, with teaser 2 and 4 days before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Yes, and the devs specifically said this update will not be coming on a Friday. It will probably be any day, Monday through Thursday of this week. I suspect that it will be on the earlier side so that they have time to patch any major bugs before the weekend.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. cars246

cars246
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully soon!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. aCharmlessMan

aCharmlessMan
    Expand Collapse

I checked when the last few spring updates were dropped.

2019 - Friday 3rd May (12 days after Easter Sunday)
    2018 - Tuesday 3rd April (2 days after Easter Sunday)
    2017 - Friday 14th April (2 days before Easter Sunday)
    2016 - Tuesday 19th April (23 days after Easter Sunday)

Only 1 in 4 were before Easter and only 1 in 4 was earlier than Easter is going to fall this year.

Based on this I reckon our chances of seeing something next week are about 25% but due to the lock-in situation perhaps they have had more time than usual to work on the game?

The good news is the chance of the update being ready by the end of the month appears to be at least 75%.

#22639 aCharmlessMan, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna speculate a bit with how 0.17 worked: The first teaser (4 days before) showed the revamped maps, the second teaser (2 days before) showed the Bluebuck. So tomorrow we should have a Vivace teaser and the update would release on wednesday.
    The weird part is that those teasers were uploaded on the devblog and the map teaser showed multiple maps, so idk.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice