1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

A difference of two doors and a dozen or so inches.

So, not much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

By that logic you could claim the Covet is unnecessary because we already have the Pessima.

We're getting a 1980's full-size personal luxury coupe from a new manufacturer; does that not excite you in the slightest? Because if not, we just got a compact European hatchback packed with content that might better suit your tastes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The Pessima has a whole different range of engines than the Covet and AWD and AWS options, and the 200BX is a purpose-built RWD sports car.

Meanwhile, the Wendover will just be a bigger V6 LeGran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Gogo me fwd wedge boat

To make the Wendover less the same, what if the devs would make it very digital with those very 80s computer dashboards.
    f84cc48f3103947ad7564fb70ee27d50.jpg

#23324 KrukasKlep, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

You don't know that. Neither you nor me nor anyone but the devs knows exactly what we'll get with the Wendover. All of the past few cars have given us at least one big surprise:
    • Hopper: Soft top
    • Wentward: Bus routes
    • Piccolina: Baja parts
    • Bluebuck: Multiple body styles, hydraulics
    • Cherrier: Crossover version, TCR parts/config
    So who's to say the Wendover will be any different?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Because most of that was pretty much like the real-life analogues, so even if the Wendover gets, say, a conveertible variant, it will still just be a bigger open-top LeGran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Again, by that logic, even if the Pessima has AWD and AWS options, it's still just a bigger 4-door Covet.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

It is fundamentally different in the way it drives, due to having a completely different drivetrain.

The Wendover will likely have the drivetrain of the V6 LeGran and a similar suspension setup, like the real-life H-Body cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

But there's no way to know. The vehicles we've gotten recently (Bluebuck, Gavril remasters, Cherrier FCV) have been extraordinarily detailed and packed with unique content. Do you really think they're just going to scale up the LeGran in Blender and remove the rear doors? Do you really think that lowly of the devs?

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I think it may be different on the outside, but underneath it will be the same post-malaise FWD stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

How about we just wait until the first teaser, and then actually start speculating, the devs need to get their creative juices flowing first.
    They might even push the wendover further back on "the list". We'll never know.

• Agree Agree x 11
  12. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I really would like to see is the Sunburst interior get refreshed. Its extremely under-detailed next to all the other cars. Plus the rear door cards still aren't textured for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

i'd love to see more official parts for cars, maybe a few parts for the moonhawk and barstow I6, some parts for the gavril I6, turbos for the miramar, tuning parts for the bolide, maybe a supercharger for the 90's pessima v6

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Gogo me lotus engine

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Even if the Wendover turns out like to be like a "bigger LeGran" (which, by now, is just speculation based on 7 years old information), how is that a problem? It would be a perfect representation of automotive design principles of the time - one platform, multiple variations under various brands of the group, and that's especially true for bread and butter american vehicles.

Plus, we have many examples of not really urgent or essential archetypes being prioritized over unprecedented concepts:

- We have multiple vehicles on the Gavril truck platform also sharing drivetrain and suspension parts, the LWB Roamer we just got would be pretty much redundant with the Crew Cab + Bed Cap D-Series already in game.
    - The Bluebuck wasn't really needed at the time. We had plenty of sedans and fundamentally similar american vehicles already.
    - The newer Pessima is quite irrelevant and unmemorable as a vehicle, but exemplifies decontenting and that push toward more family-oriented designs many japanese midsize nameplates underwent during the '90s.

• Agree Agree x 15
  16. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

So the Wendover could have multiple body styles, maybe even parts to make it fit two different marques.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I am more into more modern cars but I still fail to grasp all that negativity about the Wendover. When it comes down to it, all cars... well almost all cars, sorry little Pigeon.... have 4 wheels and some sort of propulsion. Why do you need more than one of those in the first place?

No seriously.... I dont see why we cant have the Wendover. We have a lot of cars in the game that arguably are pretty similar (duh, all cars are to an extent) and the devs have a great track record and making them lovely in looks and fun to drive.

And while I really like and applaud the devs for showing off a lot of different automotive concepts and technologies, one should not forget that this is not a prerequisite for an additional car.

I also fail to see in what way it does hurt you if you they add it. It is not like the other cars in the game cease to exist. I am not much of a fan of the Bluebuck but I still applaud the devs for adding it. After all, it makes some people very happy and does not hurt your enjoyment of the game. More happy players = more customers = more money = more awesome content for us.

The game has grown significantly and as such the devs to an extent have run out of entirely new concepts..... a lot of automotive things are already in the game.

But back to topic:

One does wonder what FCV stands for..... I have an highly hypothetical groundbreaking idea of what it could be.....

A fuel cell vehicle:

Think about it:
    • It certainly would be a new and interesting concept with possible gameplay elements
    • It probably isnt that hard to implement because it is basically an EV with a small battery that is continuously regenerated by an hydrogen tank and a fuel cell.
    • New Gameplay mechanics: The fuel cell in general cannot be efficient and deliver the needed output for hard driving a car so hard driving a car can deplete the battery faster than the fuel cell can recharge it. You have to drive slower for a time or you risk the battery running out of power/the vehicle entering emergency charge mode. On the bright side, range is still higher and refuelling is - at least for know - still somewhat faster.
    • Fuel Cell Vehicles can get away with a much smaller battery than battery vehicles of the same class which will reduce their mass. They are still capable of regenerative braking and of the EV feeling of driving.
    • Drawbacks include being even more technologically complex (You basically have a full EV but with the added hydrogen fuel cell system, a highly volatile and explosive power source which raises vehicle price tag significantly
    • The Cherrier Vivace could probably fit in the fuel cell system..... a relative small battery and the same electric motor it alreadys has. It would make sense lore wise that this platform is open for a lot of possibilities as the market is in an extremely volatile state in terms of technology.

In real life, I dont however think that fuel cell cars will ever gain a significant market share. Imho they are to little to late..... the concept was interesting when battery vehicles had absolutely no range and needed hours to charge up again but both of those primary issues of battery EV are increasingly addressed, there just is no room anymore for a technology that requires arround 3 times the initial energy for the same effective range... with more complex parts to break down to account for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

i found this in the etk 800's folder, called DrivingDynamicsTest without a config to match. possible config for the next update or a replacement for the existing driving experience config?
    DrivingDynamicsTest.jpg

19. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

This config was for testing new ESC system. Look at the name "DynamicTest"

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

i know that, i read the name
    the point i'm making is that there has been a config made but not fully removed, so i'm speculating about it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice