1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I'd just say frickin' go for it. All the Charros, all the Kentarchs, pre- and post-facelift along with flatside and flareside versions of everything including different trim levels from Fleet all the way up to Chief Rancher... just spam it the heck up. Leave no realistic factory combination of bed, cab, engine, transmission, drivetrain, and trim unrepresented.

(And also, if it were me, I would have given "Gavril Charro" and "Kentarch D-Series" their own top-level slots in the vehicle selector, the way the D-Series and Roamer are separated now. It would be spammy in its own way, but it might help to balance the spam out slightly.)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see a skin for the Barstow Awful like on this Chevelle:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

See this post.. Hopefully the new UI can address this sorta stuff. For me even the Vivace's selector is too messy. If we ever get a UI that can handle it, I'd like to see more config combinations as well. I imagine any form of used market in career mode will require it, or something similar. I would be really disappointed if the career mode market has a limited variety. That would make it difficult to do cheap car/truck challenges, which is honestly what I'm most looking forward to in Beam.

As I've mentioned before, personally I would toss on another layer onto the vehicle selector. Primary later as we have now, secondary layer for the main configs, tertiary layer for the variations (transmission, facelifts, body variations, etc...). I'm not going to bother digging up the old photoshop I made for it again though...

For anyone who hasn't seen yet:
    BeamNG.PaperCraft - Cherrier Vivace

#23443 ManfredE3, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

The first bit of official info on the next (major) update is that WCA will get some noticeable improvements in performance. It really needs it. It's the only map that lags my game with my usual settings, I can run italy pretty well at ~50fps most places but WCA lags to ~20 FPS which is pretty unplayable. The only way I can run WCA is by turning shadows off, but then the city looks weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

It would be cool to see some sort of small junkyard added in the Industrial remaster. would be a great place to buy wrecked cars for the races in Career. here is a proof of concept that I created in around half and hour.

screenshot_2020-04-14_23-43-40.png screenshot_2020-04-14_23-49-38.png screenshot_2020-04-14_23-49-52.png screenshot_2020-04-14_23-53-15.png screenshot_2020-04-14_23-56-10.png

The garage at the back would be used for modifying cars in your fleet or maybe removing parts off of wrecks that you purchase.

While the yard will be used for buying vehicles.

The yard could have more than just wrecked vehicles, there could be other sorts of industrial waste laying around the place.
    screenshot_2020-04-15_00-15-26.png screenshot_2020-04-15_00-15-39.png screenshot_2020-04-15_00-15-57.png

#23445 ktheminecraftfan, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Nutkin

Nutkin
    Expand Collapse

One more thing you could add is the McAllen Bros junkyard bargate. Then I would say your mock-up is perfect. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah and include a sign that includes a wrecked car on the top, That would be cool. But then again this could just simply be a yard that Industrial workers dump their wrecked runarounds, or racers dump their race cars.

while the garage will be used by the workers to repair their runarounds that they might use to get around the site.

#23447 ktheminecraftfan, Apr 14, 2020
  8. ARY5588

ARY5588
    Expand Collapse

Something like the Street Legal Racing catalog?

9. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

What's wrong with the Piccolina engines size ? (In case you didn't know, it's mechanically inspired by the Vw beetle. )

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

It could be also be used to find car parts for your car. Like engine parts (or a full engine), hoods, mirrors?

It may take inspriration from the junk car shop from SLRR, and mix it with the part finding in CMS19.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry if i'm dragging here but i see the car perfectly realistic, if fiat never made the more traditional 1100 and pursued the Dante Giacosa approach to cars. i made this post a while back talking about it. It's the devs vision of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The 1100 was a full-fledged family car, with four doors, while the Piccolina is a small two-door economy car that's smaller in physical size.

1100 cc is still more of a compact car engine, especially if it's the base option.

13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The Beetle was a family car, though, a class above the Piccolina, which seems to be sized as a citycar. Those engines would be quite big for a car this small, especially in the late '50s.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

I wonder what this is supposed to mean? I can assure you, Gabester is alive and still around o_O

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

The fiat 600 and the vw betle are family cars of the 50s (the betle is from the 30s but i digress) and they have 2 doors. The 1100 was more expencive (vittorio valletta's 1000 lira for each cc rule). think about the piccolina as a fiat 600/vw betle with an engine that competes with the 1100. it's a bit like a chevy 2: not the dead end of the maket but it's not fancy either. also have you red my old post? i explain it there

#23455 loba04, Apr 14, 2020
  16. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I remember mentioning that since the Piccolina is Beetle/600-like, it should have a 900 cc engine.

One dev replied that they upsized it for gameplay reasons.

17. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

i think youre forgetting that the beamng cars arent meant to be copies of irl cars, they are interpretations of cars of the era

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Well, in this game I'm looking for realistic interpretations, especially since most of the other vehicles count as that.

19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

A Piccolina 90 is arguably in line with "interpretation of post war Italian economy compact". Plus, a fair number of people find driving underpowered cars fun. I see no harm in adding a P90 for those who like to just drive around but find what's basically the Beetle's engine too powerful for a car that's only 90% it's weight.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Indeed.

No citycar of that era was powered by such large engines though, unless we count the sporty Cooper/Cooper S variants of the Mini, which were offered with larger engines (1.0L, 1.1L, 1.3L respectively) pretty much only for racing/homologation purposes.

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice