Separate names with a comma.
Game not starting lately?Fixed in 0.19.4.2More information available here
Intel iGPU (6xx series) crashesFixed drivers available!Instructions here
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.
I wouldn't start shooting that idea down yet. There's hope.
But that's far from anything to speculate about, it just mentions that it was inspired by older D-Series. You really can't make much from it.
no we need newer models
Ok look while I would love to see a prewar vehicle or classic vehicle (including another american pickup truck) it's 1. not what the game needs and 2. there are vehicle types missing from the game that are almost essential to have. We have the Burnside Special and Ibishu Miramar that both fit the classic vehicle category but we don't currently have the fallowing
1. A fire engine - truck for both Europe and North America. Simple really why this would be useful to have
2. Where is a Euro spec Cab over. This would add more realism to European maps
3. Minvan. It's a minvan and does minvan things.
4. Tractor. Add's more realism to maps with lots of farming plots such as Italy and ECUSA but it can be used for offroading, offroad recovery and a crazy type of drag racing vehicle.
Now regarding this:
This is a leftover from 0.18 and older.
Edit - addition: I rather see map updates first before any new vehicles especially on WCUSA and JRI along with new maps.
Now I'ma stop before this stupid flame war gets even hotter. Just stop fighting over modern, classic and prewar all vehicles are the same in a crusher.
Because it's conceptually not modern at all...
There is no such thing as a boring car. Cars are what you make them. End of story
Now that I think about it, couldn't the devs couple a European fire truck with a European cabover semi? Hopefully if there is a European semi planned, fingers crossed one of its configurations is a European fire truck.
As for an American one, it could either be based on the T-Series, or be an entirely new vehicle.
Creating utility vehicles (fire engines, garbage trucks, cranes etc.) would be just a waste of time. It would be nice to have them in the future but right now we need more variety in regular cars and actually useful vehicles like tow truck.
to try and get this thread back on reasonable speculation, I wonder what the likellihood of a kentarch H-series van-truck is?
stoat allured to a passenger van in one of his posts, and people have speculated the possibility of a type-a bus, what other H series variants do you guys expect?
because everything is old we need a new model of the truck like
Good thing you posted I was about to derail this post more so I'll hop on this.
So since the D-series and Roamer got extra seats added I do hope - expect the H series to get the fallowing.
Shuttle bus, updated car hauler and flatbed as 2 different configurations, 2nd ambulance but smaller design, D30 treatment kinda version, and maybe a few police versions.
I already put my H-Series thoughts in that thread here, though my view has changed on the possibility of a pickup bed on the cabster now that we have Kentarch as a brand. May as well get some more out of it as a brand, and that is the obvious pair for the D30. The few single cab van-trucks I have seen are rough on the eyes (Not that the Centurion E350 was particularly pretty itself), so I imagine we would need a crew cab version of the cabster for this to work well. Other than that, it's just putting the D-Series bed onto a dually cabster (stretched as needed, with modified bed accessories to fit. The Centurion E350s look kinda cool with bed caps IMO). It's not like it would be the first shared part between the two vehicles.
Spoiler: Single cab van truck
Since I mentioned the bed cap for the Centurion:
New Randolph Gooseneck Trailer? Also adding a gooseneck hitch option to the D-series and adding a custom flatbed for the H35-H45 that supports gooseneck would be cool. Could also be another vehicle made by Kentarch.
I'd also love to see some new prop's in-game (e.g: Engine's and or transmissions, non moveable (excluding using the node grabber) excavators and skid steers, and then some HD equipment in-game. Although just all as props for now ). As we only have pianos, hay bales, boulders, and some other things to haul.
ideas and suggestions thread: exists
I'm honestly wondering whether or not there will be a part III for the D-series/H-series/Roamer remaster.
If it does come, I think the H-series is likely to get the bulk of the third part - maybe even up to alternate bodies like that long-speculated passenger van, or the cargo body with sliding door on the side.
If the H45 box truck sees a model/texture update, we might finally see full skin support, with a ready skin slot and maybe a few vanilla skins. I could also see a refrigeration unit added to the front wall. A SWAT van/paddy wagon based on the ambulance also might be a likely candidate.
And of course, I'll be hoping for the Kentarch vanup as a possibility.
considering this quote:
The H series pretty much certainly will be getting content in the next update.
I'm surprised we haven't heard any info on a new map yet. with Italy and West Coast, we had some great progress threads to keep us updated. It's been well over a year since Italy was finished, and even with the map reworks I doubt they'd completely sideline new development. I'd expect at least some concept art, layouts and maybe even a basic terrain. I can think of three reasons we'd have no info on a new map.
1. They learned their lesson last time, and giving us all that insight into the new map turned us into whiny, spoiled children begging for release. They want to avoid that happening again and are keeping development under tight wraps to avoid any drama.
2. They are heavily working on overhauling the engine to support larger terrains than 4x4km. I think I read somewhere that they wanted to do this, or at least look into it. The recent... debate.. on the West Coast is bad thread doesn't give me any hope this will happen, but I can dream. In my opinion, this should be a priority though. It's 2020 and 16 sq km is kind of pathetic when you have games like Forza Horizon with 100+ sq km and The Crew with its scaled down US. It might haven been fine back in 2012/2013 when torque was picked, but times have changed and competitors have really improved.
3. Release is closer than we think, and putting a new map out so close to release would be problematic. If release is within 1-2 years away, and if a new map was started right after Italy, both might come out at the same time. Doing so would mean that the new map would have no time to have any campaign content made for it, and it would also leave little time for bug testing and tweaking of the map. It would mean a beta quality map in a fully released game which might not look good. They plan on pushing the map back for a year or so after release, so they have time to make proper content for it and polish it to final product quality. This is pretty unlikely considering how many systems we are still missing for release, like the new UI and career mode.
I wonder if all the maps going forward are going to be 4x4km after Italy worked out so well. Or could we see more interesting shapes, like a 4x2 km map for a beachfront or valley map? I just can't wait to get a new map from them. Loved Italy and I'm excited to see what comes next since every consecutive map has been noticeably better than the last.
Germany map, we already have related assets
better yet, just overhaul the DEC into a 4x4 map with the DEC itself just in one corner.