1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I would actually love to see the new, revamped UI. When I tried to set mine to dark mode, it made some of the text impossible to read.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

it might beasuce they are more focsued on other stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. crazyslimdude6

crazyslimdude6
    Expand Collapse

yeah, but what stuff? This is update speculation after all.

OT: When they remaster Port, do you guys think they'll flesh out the area around the port itself? It could be cool if they added a little living area, as if the site used to be a small trading outpost that got abandoned, for some lore.

4. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet?
    I'm not really sure what it means. Probably nothing special though.

5. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it doesn't mean anything and he just wanted to edit a photo. Not everything the devs post, especially Nadeox, necessarily means anything.

• Agree Agree x 11
  6. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

But you have to remember people, not every player knows what they want when opening the vehicle selector. Either they do not yet know every single configuration by heart or they just look for a nice car to drive and use the selector for "browsing" the cars, and then deciding on a config that speaks to them (I am one of those quite often).

This is a very good point. I wouldn't want to have to go through thousands of menus just to try find a specific configuration that I don't even know of.
    If you know what I mean.
    If not, an example.
    Say, someone wants a, uh, police car. An american one. Maybe they have even decided on the Bluebuck.
    With what you guys have suggested, (I hope I understood that right), they would first have to know how many doors their desired Police Buck has, as well as which transmission it has - remember, not everyone knows this! - and then may still not discover that there's two Police Bucks. So I'd rather go with a different system, maybe the following:

(Brand) Not too necessary I'd say, as there aren't that many cars in Beam that you would lose the overview over them
    Model
    Body Style/Frame or Special
    <- Under "Special" I'd put vehicles like police, taxis, dragsters, lowriders, off-road, custom - everything that is not factory-built. This category would then not have additional options, as the special vehicles normally don't have several transmission options or the like. This however, would break up the linearity of the selection a bit... That's what 2. is for
    Factory Configuration + Colour (Can still be changed in the following steps of course)
    Transmission type
    Fuel type (If available)

(Brand)
    Model
    Factory/Special
    Body Style/Frame
    Configuration + Colour
    Transmission type
    Fuel type

This one adds one step, but would be more in line with the linear selection system...

7. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

This entire thread whenever a dev posts a random screenshot.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Might I remind everyone posting memes that this thread is intended for update speculation?

Now, I noticed that the Roamer's old off-roof rack and roof bag were removed in favor of the new (well, new-ish) roof basket (can anyone tell me when that happened exactly?), but the Charro is sporting a brand-new roof rack on its camper shell. I wonder if there are plans to mount anything on it, or if it's going to be like the standard roof rack available on the Roamer.

For that matter, is some sort of roof basket going to make it onto the Charro?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Devs mentioned somewhere - possibly in the 0.19 update topic - that they intend to make such general accessories global.

So that would mean that once they are finished, that for example "old worn roofcase" could be used on every ingame vehicle instead of having to develop one for every single car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Another idea for reducing that "maze of menus": Instead of transmission and fuel as separate steps, two choosing options could be added to the right menu where the color is as well. That way, players would only have to go through 3/4 (1. option) or 4/5 (2. option) steps to get their desired car. Also, they'd have a much better overview.

11. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

could be a 3d anaglyph option

12. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Might be the new seizure mode

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I think that the way that the vehicle selector UI should work is this:
    Make
    Model
    (D/H/R) Frame Length
    (DHR) Cab/bed length
    Engine
    Trim (if applicable)
    Facelift (If applicable)
    Color

As to the Nadeox1 post, it’s almost certainly nothing, although it could be an updated visual filter/postfx system? I doubt it’s either though.

Deleted, misinformed, ignorant rant

#23853 rottenfitzy, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  14. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

You somehow managed to misunderstand absolutely everything said. No one is demanding anything from the devs? I think everyone here understand that what we are doing is suggesting stuff that we believe that should be improved or changed or fixed. We cant force the devs to do what we want them to do, and we dont want to force them to. You somehow managed to take everything that we said and pervert it in your mind into us acting like spoiled brats demanding stuff to be done like we were entitled to it. But sorry to tell you buddy, it aint like that.
    Also, sure no need to remake the moonhawk from scratch, but it sure needs a lot of revamping like the D series got. The engines need to be remade, it needs more body styles and power trains. The LeGran has a complicated history, and the least it needs is atleast some cooling pipes. Because its even missing those.
    --- Post updated ---
    I feel like i must point this out too but, Who the fuck suggested that we should mess with the handling of the Moonhawk? I agree that the handling its fine. Its supposed to be floaty and handle like a block of cheese. Its a mid 70s car, it is supposed to be that way.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TestaRossa

TestaRossa
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

If only lol 2020-05-0216-08-14_Moment.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

not more of this crap, please not more of this.

17. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Nadeox posted this:
    looks to be offroad tyres for the T-series. Also what map is this?

#23857 Cutlass, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me of Small Island. Also, mud on the tires, or atleast dirt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Looks like derby map.

20. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Bring out the SpinTires vibes :D

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice