1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Also, it’s only recognized as a linux server, so you need to manually update it with your login information and only then should you be able to log in.
    /s
    Maybe a couple things will be deleted but I doubt it would be crippling. What software are they planning to switch to?

2. Bifdro

Bifdro
    Expand Collapse

I saw a reply from nadeox(?) where he say, a plenty of cars (like pigein) will be removed in the next few updates
    Is it real? sry, but i saw this post once, and i dont know is it real or not. If real, then its really interesting

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Real.

/jk, it's a joke.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bifdro

Bifdro
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks :D

5. diggy631

diggy631
    Expand Collapse

On the topic of the Vivace... does anyone else think it's odd that the devs would put so much work into new drivetrain and stability control logic, and only put it into one platform? If another decently modern vehicle gets developed, I could imagine that this research would streamline the process to some extent. Part of me is hopeful for another car with the Vicace's techy bits, but considering how many post 00's cars there are already, I'm not entirely convinced it'll happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

See here

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

*sigh* I feel we need a revision of the vehicle menu, select AWD/4WD options, and select the automatic or manual transmission

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Sparky

Sparky
    Expand Collapse

I agree, the vehicle select has become very bloated for many vehicles and could do with a revamp. It was fine when each vehicle only had three or four configs but now its becoming too restrictive and confusing with all the options availiable. What would be great is if you could build a car by selecting things independently from each other from drop down menus. For example:
    Select model
    Choose trim
    Choose pre or post facelift if applicable
    Choose engine
    Choose 2WD/4WD if availiable
    Choose gearbox
    Choose wheels and tyres
    Choose any aftermarket or optional components (bed caps, spotlights etc.)
    Choose paintjob

Obviously things would be automatically restricted based on your choices, so only things that work together could be picked. This would solve the issues with vehicles like the D15 in particular having so many possible configs that they have to choose between only offering pre and post facelift for each. This would also be alot more like buying a real new car, where trims have multiple engine choices and such instead of the games current restrictive system.

• Like Like x 5
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

You're 70% the way to describing the parts selector

• Agree Agree x 13
  10. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

i think we need that ideas and suggestions meme again
    OT:
    i think the ominous teaser of that one d-series crawler probably means that it's not just a config
    remember the lks prerunner with its detachable body? the teaser makes it look similar to that, which gets my hopes up about an official baja truck with a detachable body

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

We have been brainstorming ideas of how to make the vehicle selector better over the last... 20 pages? Please do yourself a favour and read those before coming up with basically the same ideas, or one thats 10 times more convoluted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

13. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

the d series revamp ins't done yet, they still need to update the inline 6 model.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

and another thing occured to me- they probably should revamp the original offroad bullbars- giving them proper textures, JBeaming the tow shackles, and adding numberplate slots.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  15. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

From what it looks like, I don’t think that the D-Series-based whatever is a crawler. IIRC it had cooling fans in the bed, much like baja trucks. I think we’re probably looking more at a prerunner than a crawler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

No, it's not a baja truck. It's more based on an Ultra4-style truck, where it'd be used for a combination of "crawling" and high-speed sections through the desert/woods and such. The truggy bed and dove nose front end give away that it is not a baja truck, as well as the apparent solid axles in both ends. A baja truck would likely have twin-I beam or IFS.
    --- Post updated ---
    upload_2020-5-15_9-13-19.png

• Agree Agree x 10
  17. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Out of curiosity, how are you able to tell if it has twin solid axles? I can’t make out much of anything from that one photo. Also, since we have the hopper crawler, why do we need a second? I don’t know if the devs would develop more or less two crawlers for essentially the same purpose. I would guess on it being a more stadium-ish truck purely off of content gaps. Also, what’s going on with the front hood and bed area? Crawlers generally don’t build up massive structural areas in the bed and instead focus on articulation, which I would think that a massive, stiff structure would impede upon. Something isn’t quite adding up to 100% in my mind about it being a crawler.

That being said, you’re probably closer to the truth than I am.

18. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Again, it appears to be an Ultra4 type of truck, where it has to both be able to crawl and go high speeds across the desert or through a forest, which is where the "massive structural areas in the bed" you were talking about comes into play. The way I can assume that it has straight axles is that both the front and rear track width are the same. Typically on a prerunner, the front track width is quite a bit wider than the rear, which is why they are often seen running massive fiberglass fenders/one-piece front clips, which this truck also has neither of.

• Like Like x 2
  19. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I would prefer a baja or trophy truck style vehicle as opposed to a crawler, as we already have the Hopper crawler.

20. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

I want a bus upfit for the h series aka the "vanbus" but saying that seems to be illegal here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice