1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Those pics look great. The industrial assets in the first two pics look nice, hopefully we will see some port gymkhana stuffs. That banked curve is promising, we really need a proper oval. Even if it isn't an oval, it will be nice to have a second track with an extreme banked turn. I love that sorta stuff; it reminds me of Monza.

• Like Like x 5
  2. krayziepunk

krayziepunk
    Expand Collapse

Monza was my first thought as well. I agree, we need a proper, official, oval in the game. Preferably something long and high banked for good top speed runs. A clone of Daytona or Talladega would be nice, but even something not based on a real track would be fine.

• Like Like x 4
  3. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Not only does the bank look good, but the telephone poles in the 3rd shot look really good, too.

4. Car_Genius

Car_Genius
    Expand Collapse

I really wish they would've merged port and industrial. They are very small, redundant maps and would be perfect if they were mixed to make one good map.

5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

We have no idea how small and redundant they will feel after the remaster.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Right now, they are. However, like Manfred said. We have no idea how small they'll be after the remaster.

7. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

The Port section used to be part of the Industrial Site map in the early days of BeamNG. But the two sections were separated later on as the game received more updates. Only those who have been on the forums long enough will recall about that change.

The following wiki pages for the Industrial Site and the Port mentioned that the latter was forked from the former in 0.3.7.4. Around the same time, the Industrial Site added a land-based industrial area. Right now, you can see the remnants of the Industrial Site within the Port map by looking at the grassy fields.

Will the future major update reunite the two sections just like when the Industrial Site map was originally created in 0.3? Or will the revamps to the two areas make them unique? Only time will tell at this point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

I don't think they'll ever get merged in my opinion.It looks theyre like adding a lot of cool stuff outside on the empty terrain of port, while industrial seems to be getting general improvements like the added oval track

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formula24

Formula24
    Expand Collapse

Going on the curve the banking of the oval has Id assume they are going for a abandoned test track/Grand Prix track from the 20s. Something like either of these

Attached Files:

• 51ED653B-C91C-4C46-81DD-798F60477432.jpeg
    • 0F9F584C-8859-43D5-9CC1-7ADC126F72A0.jpeg
    • Like Like x 7
  10. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Hell yeah, that spare space behind Port now has some buildings and roads! Man, seeing Industrial getting remastered is awesome, it was my first played map and it was a fun map back then, the amount of tracks you could race on. On an another note, will Port still be called port? It now has extra stuff that isn't a port.

11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Name suggestion: "Port plus extra stuff that isn't port"

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I have … mixed feelings about this picture. On the one hand, look at the expansion outside of the port itself! The cracked pavement, the vegetation growing through, the new style of buildings (fire escapes! Dirty old glass windows!) It's all so fresh and wonderful!

The textures look great - but I'll admit that I'm having some reservations. While I'm very happy to see a greater diversity of containers, I'm not quite on board with using some of these logos in this setting. The plain white ones and the new orange BeamNG ones look great, but shipping containers with the logos for gas stations, oil companies, or tuning houses on them look a little … unnatural. Usually shipping containers have either no logo or the logo of a shipping company on them (or, on rare occasions, they might belong to a retail chain that does its own importing).

I was kind of hoping that the dev team would build up a bigger library of in-world company logos - having shipping companies is probably going to be an important thing if career mode is going to include delivery missions.

That one Nodeoline container off on the far left there is particularly irksome - I know that container too well.

screenshot_2020-05-29_18-39-33.png screenshot_2020-05-29_18-50-51.png

It looks nice sitting at that jaunty angle, but I was really hoping that it was going to be raised up a bit (or the ramp below it lowered).

Meanwhile, outside the port (it can be seen here below the second telephone pole on the left), just take a look at this new oil terminal, and the LPG (Liquid Propane Gas) storage tanks on the right-hand side! This is going to be a fun environment.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  13. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Seeing that nobody bothered to mention the following (so far), I might as well contribute to the speculation thread with the following rumor. But if someone already did so before, then I am sorry for being redundant as I didn't contribute to this thread until recently.

Anyways, it's possible that in a future major update, materials.cs will be phased out, leaving only main.materials.json for assigning materials to content for the game. The latter format was introduced in version 0.17, and the developers have mentioned that json allows "multiple files for better modability" than the former format. While materials.cs remains supported up to the current version as of this message, that might not be the case for the next major update. If the change were to happen, then removing support for cs will definitely break most, if not all, mods released up to this point. And in fact, Car_Killer created a converter from .cs to .json recently, hinting that an official one will be available in the near future, thus supporting this rumor.

Any thoughts or comments about this? It hasn't been officially confirmed by the developers, so it's possible that the rumor might not be true after all. But it's still worth mentioning as it's considered speculation anyways. And again, if someone already mentioned this here before, then I apologize for bringing it up the second time.

• Like Like x 5
  14. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

Seeing the new pictures made me launch up Industrial, and man, it's rough. The drift track is... okay, but the dirt track, race track, and "RX" track are all pretty poor. The RX track in particular has no good flow and taking the most likely candidate of a Sunburst around it just... isn't great. The mud puddles on the dirt track kind of kill it too, along with multiple large jumps that just bottom out or slam into another hill.I just hope they don't make it another freaking rock crawling course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Are we talking about the course in its current state, or the way it looks in the new picture that shows the track?

16. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

Currently. The layouts are just terrible. I also hope they remove a lot of the random garbage and wire racks around the port that just pop the tires. And after messing around in both locations, it probably would be best if they managed to merge the two. They're both tiny, and it's weird that there's a port with no roads or anything, and an industrial site with a bunch of random race tracks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

And what if the remake would have both maps where the empty areas are full of new stuff?

When you look at the screenshots you see a clear difference in the colour of the grass which indicates different biomes, port seems to be having more green grass opposed to the racetrack at industrial site with alot more of an arid landscape that is more brownish.

#24117 KrukasKlep, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

Different grass color doesn't mean different locations. My neighbor has grass, ours is long since dead and it's just a dirt patch. But if they make the maps larger and add more stuff, that's fine. It's just currently they're super tiny and it's not unreasonable to merge them together for a map that is overall still small.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. The_driver_0.3

The_driver_0.3
    Expand Collapse

I found the locations of the new pictures, and I marked out things to pinpoint
    (Industrial; Outlined the three corners in the picture. Port; Arrows on the cranes, circles around a specific set of containers in all of the pictures)

Industrial:
    industrialracetrackold.png industrialracetracknew.png

Port:
    Portconerold.png Portconernew.png
    Portoutsideold.png Portoutsidenew.jpg

Attached Files:

• industrialracetracknew.png
    • Like Like x 14
  20. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

I'm a little torn on Port. I'm glad they got rid of the wire racks, and maybe all the other random garbage that only exists to pop tires, but it was still good to have some obstacles to try and donut around. I guess I could manually place them though.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice