1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo
    Expand Collapse

Just a reminder this is what the Wendover looked like back in Dec 2012.

2. SOUPra

SOUPra
    Expand Collapse

I am happy with how the car looks currently. I love these 80's cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

So the Wendover seems to be beginning its journey - and I think that now is a good time for us to take a look at this early 3D render and do all the dissecting and nitpicking that happens every time a new car is revealed.

upload_2020-8-25_17-55-18.png

I like what I'm seeing here - a stronger beltline and shoulder line, a revised C-pillar, and a rear end that seems to be sloping just slightly more than it did previously. The hood shape doesn't bother me. I think that one of the strong points of the Wendover will be the way the shape and archtype of the vehicle lends itself well to being a monster truck obstacle.

That beltline and shoulder line are paticularly important for me though - I'm hoping that each one gets a factory two-tone option:
    upload_2020-8-25_18-11-14.png

The only quibble that comes to mind is that sharply-pointed WIP front turn signal. From looking at reference pictures of cars of the era, it seems that when the corners were either rounded off, or they had chrome edging:

upload_2020-8-25_18-13-14.png upload_2020-8-25_18-19-21.png upload_2020-8-25_18-25-4.png

It also seems like at about this time, composite headlights started to show up, and clear turn signals were available

upload_2020-8-25_18-21-33.png upload_2020-8-25_18-24-11.png

As long as you're digging around in the files, is there any unusued content surrounding the unseen 'Bob' character referenced in the Rocky Start Campaign?

• Like Like x 8
  4. xerodephex

xerodephex
    Expand Collapse

Model In files already

5. AgentSmith1199

AgentSmith1199
    Expand Collapse

Will there be a hood ornament for the Wendover?

• Like Like x 1
  6. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

I don't get the ( we dont need this car debate )
    I love coupes. ( EVEN Crappy ( not crappy ) FWD!

Looks to be a nice solid DERBY CAR Back takes LOADS of hits, Coupes are better derby cars i hear IN FWD???

Kind looks like a Grand marshal at the front.

I wonder is the Legran engine meh wil lbe redone.

7. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

where? i can't seem to find it everywhere i look

8. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

I swear, if this is just leading up to a "hurr durr Wendover just two-door LeGran" joke...

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

send a screenshot then.

10. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

isnt the wendover supposed to be a massive land yacht rather than small thing like the legran?

11. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Its supposed to be a downsized fullsize car, which were common in the 1980s.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Cars of similar type to the Wendover in real life (GM H Body) really only had 3.8 litre Buick v6 engines (same engine was used in the 90's Holden Commodores).
    Mind you the C Body cars were heavily related to the H Body cars anyway (same wheelbase) and they had options for V8 engines. Maybe the Wendover could be the first vehicle in game to have different model lines. Potential for a BeamNG Cadillac Expy perhaps? but then this is too ambitious I suppose.

Fingers crossed that they don't screw up on the interior of the Wendover like they did with the Le Gran.

One good thing with the Wendover is that they could use alot of the wheels, hubcaps, and the 3.8 V6 (with updates) from the Le Gran, saving time.

#25172 ktheminecraftfan, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

if the engine's transversely mounted, there's no reason a V8 wouldn't be able to fit when a V6 can fit. they have the same size block and cylinder heads, just an extra set of them off to one side.

come to think of it, maybe they held off releasing the wendover for so long so that the people who wanted it in the game could experience being the target demographic of the wendover by the time it releases.

#25173 CaptainZoll, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I was hoping they would take it more of an Allante route, but they seem to have stuck very close to the original Wendover concept

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

if it has a digi dash its all cool :)

• Agree Agree x 9
  16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

The LeGran and Wendover are very much the same car. They’re boxy, slow, boring, and were made in the 80s. The only thing that separates the two vehicles is a different design, a different body style, and some vague technical differences.
    It’s like if the BeamNG devs decided to revive the “Charmand” nameplate and make a brand new French hatchback. Oh, but it’s not too similar to the FCV because it’s got three doors instead of five!
    I’m sure the devs will do an amazing job on this car, but I don’t think the game needs another American 80s slushbox. We already have one.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

yes

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to clarify my point of view is all.

19. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

And you aren’t the only user with that point of view either.
    Myself, I’m looking forward to getting the Wendover.

Best thing to do is wait until the Wendover is actually released, and if it’s as bad as you’re making it out to be then you can complain about it ‘till the cows come home. Until then you have nothing to go off of and it’s all merely, although awfully negative, speculation.
    Much like the topic of this thread.

OT?:
    What are the chances that the Wendover comes with an optional soft-top? And some mid-range trim level with an exotic name, like Capri or Corsica?

#25179 BrynCoops, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 9
  20. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

Dammit, i knew that the Soliad Wendover update pics were going to make some of us be so mad!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice