1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

When it's ready

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Id say not to do it like what automation is doing and just work on the gameplay and content as a main priority

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

but isn't that what Automation is doing ?

4. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

that is the perfect comparison

5. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

i meant imo automation made a mistake that they prioritize the campain over everything

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

oh yeah, they have the campaign but they have no content backing it. New games have similar issue in that they often have killer graphics but very little else, your supposed to build yourself strong foundation on which you build up from there...

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

The devs have done a good job at adding to the game enough so that it's not just about "haha car go boom" so as long as that's maintained I'm fine with the story being delayed another however long. It'll give us more to do once there is a career mode.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

nah id rather just have the game be the ''realistic sandbox racing simulator'' it currently is and then when there is enough content to back it up add in the career
    campaign thingys can just be added with story bits would add in enough story for now

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RY4NDY

RY4NDY
    Expand Collapse

Especially since I doubt there will be a lot of people who will start playing BeamNG just for the career mode once it has been added; I'm pretty sure that 99% of people who buy BeamNG do so for the sandbox/physics and will view the career mode as not much more then a nice extra they might or might not play. So from an economical point of view it'd also make sense for the devs to first work on content/features rather than career mode.

#25809 RY4NDY, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 9
  10. farcar

farcar
    Expand Collapse

I'd agree, but after 5 years of sandboxing, some purpose would definitely be great.
    On that theme, rather than a linear story mode I hope the devs are considering just adding functionality to the sand box, and let us make our own fun.
    For me, just adding the following, would be all I'd need
    • Give players account with a small starting balance to buy a cheap shitbox.
    • Simple generated pickup / drop off 'missions' to earn income. Pizza delivery, Taxi, courier, truck driver etc.
    • Add refuelling and vehicle repair / maintenance features which you spend your income on.
    • Car dealership to buy and sell vehicles.
    Its the sort of thing that could be built on slowly over time, with things like traffic infringements etc.

• Agree Agree x 14
  11. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

the game's been in dev for almost 10 years already, it's probably about time it gets more gameplay than just driving in circles and crashing. (a career mode or something) To be fair the MP mods have added a lot more playability to the game though

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I'd really like to see the low hanging gameplay fuits tackled soon. More campaigns (preferably that actually have an economy... Looking at you, "A Rocky Start"...) would go a long way during the wait for the full career mode, especially combined with improved AI.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. RY4NDY

RY4NDY
    Expand Collapse

Maybe in a similar way to how the "select opponent and have a drag race" function in freeroam at the dragstrip in West Coast USA works.

14. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

You forgot about scenarios, campaigns, Time Trials (including procedural generated ones), Bus routes, and track creator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

The game has alot of very cool features with no real connection between it, thats why its still wierd that the menu UI revamp went completely silent

• Agree Agree x 11
  16. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I would imagine if the Vivace and Bluebuck tell me correct is that the Wendover would do something quite ambitious, Maybe it would be the first vehicle to have multiple Brand variations (as in a Bruckell car based on the Soliad Wendover similar to the Olds 88 and Buick Lesabre of the late 80's) and/or a Voice diagnostic system.

17. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

idk it would be kinda wonky having that, but that voice system would be hilarious, everybody would make jokes about the moonbase alpha tts (aka dectalk)

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

*starts car*

Please fasten your seatbelt

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

"Your coolant level is low"

20. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice