1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

As I mentioned before, I don't think there's any official confirmation of a police/park ranger config. It wouldn't be the first time the Hopper has been seen with something that hasn't made it in game as the Beam safari skin was used in unofficial posts from staff members around the time it was released.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

All this talk of "focusing on bugfixes"... We all know that's corporate speak for "we want to have a few relaxing days of playing with it before we have to go full on support team for the release" ;)
    IF YOU ARE THICKHEADED ENOUGH THAT YOU CANNOT TELL I AM JOKING, GO AHEAD AND BLOCK ME NOW :D

• Like Like x 7
  3. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Soo i beg you don't shoot me. ( So sorry to be posting lots lately ) But when a update looms i freak out for good reason.

So Posted by u/Crown_Vicculus ( i take Zero credit for finding this ) Anyway

MY god that H=series style front end. Better rusty skin.

on engine fronts. ( in more detail ) I REALLY hope for a push rod set up for a v8 ( and old school I6 )
    And maybe a 7.0 Gas and diesel set up? maybe a v10 ;) as some utes had ( utes i mean pick ups mate ;) )
    Just 4 engines dont seem right for a US style ute ( sorry am not trying to be ungrateful/pushy )

Bucket seats with center console. Face lift with short box Duel cab, Kinda luxury.

Then i also cant wait for said rusty ute with that h_series like front.

Also maybe the Van will have loads of love sent to her.

Anyawy this update seems to me like the last one. I mid size update? ( big update but no new car and nothnig ground breaking )

BUT Still a meaty yummy Aussie style BBQ size update. :) ;)

Again am so sorry for posting so much.

happy crashing ;)

Attached Files:

• 9m1b7ry3qng51.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  4. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

considering we're getting a chonky 2000s pickup, a heavier duty version of the pickup, and probably more van content, i would honestly be surprised if there isn't a larger engine option for the pickup/van, even if it is just a 7-8L v8.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Me to. I will love to RACE tune the thing ;) Faster then 300 Kph? HMMM we will see lol.

I wonder if we will get new transmissions with it to? Maybe a more HD 6 Speed man or something.

I love the D-series always have loved my utes. ( aussie Bogan who Drives a E class W211 IRL who also has Aussie fords lol )

6. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

According to Stoat the Facelift is up to 2000.
    Honestly with more chrome and that front end looks fairly similar to the Ninth generation Ford F150 Give or take a few years as that gen started in August 1991.

Kinda looks like the D Series facelift where it has a more rounded front end on a fairly angular body.

#26006 ktheminecraftfan, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Ooooooooooh sounds exciting! Does this mean a Facelift of the Facelift?

2020 D Series confirmed!

#26007 ktheminecraftfan, Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Imagine having a 2020 car on a 1980s frame

• Like Like x 6
  9. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm as much as its VERY unlikely i admit, Meet the 1985 Toyota ute vs the 2019 version :)

But i do think it ( frame ) was re done to meet 5 star safety

Attached Files:

• f8ed356dcfd85be5be479204be0138c3.jpg
    • 2020-Toyota-Landcruiser-LC79-1001x565p.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Might be more to 2010 ish!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it was just a dumb joke.

Does this mean Chrome doorhandles, chrome trim, rear Drum brakes on most variants (seriously 4 wheel discs is unrealistic for a utility vehicle of the time) and SMOKER WINDOWS?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Pushrod engines in the earlier years instead of OHC?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

My guess is that it was just referring to the current models using different engines for each configuration. That being said, however, seeing a Barstow engine port would be fantastic. OBDII was introduced in 1996, so we may see some very minor engine tweaks to comply with emissions on newer models, but considering how niche this is, I sincerely doubt it will happen.

I also think that it isn't entirely out of the question that we see a different suspension geometry on some of the more heavy duty versions- most likely in the form of a more robust rear axle with perhaps more links, or for more modern/older versions, a modified independent front suspension. This is all rampant speculation, and as such, it is very unlikely to happen, but I would consider it not entirely outside the realm of possibility. In addition, is it impossible to see something like airbag (or airbag-less) steering on some models, or perhaps rear-only ABS? The ABS modifications might not be too impossible thanks to the LUA coding–but somebody please correct me if it is otherwise.

Also, we've seen the new interior; is it intended solely for a specific "generation," or is it meant to be for the entire run of the D-Series?

The realism modifications that Stoat has alluded to introduce many questions, as you might have ascertained. We'll have to wait another month or so to really find out what they really are.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

As far as vehicle selector UI goes (if it really is getting updated), I think they're going to make it like the way it was in the garage, just a bit easier to navigate and a bit more organized

the best pic i could find when putting "beamng drive garage" into google

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

*Mercades G-Wagon looks around awkwardly*

The W461 is a 1979 platform and is still in production, and the W463 that suburbans mother's adore is 1990-2018, so not even far off for the luxury truck version of the G-Wagon...

The second gen Defender was close as well, 1990-2016. I'm personally not sure how similar the 1990+ platform is to the 90/110/127 from 1983.

Anyway, it makes sense that the model years are getting changed around, that allows the three trucks to use parts from each other and make more sense. The D45 rollback appeared to have a H-Series ('95-'01) fascia with D-Series early mirrors and a round dash (Roamer?) and the original D-Series facelift teaser had a variaiton of the facelift Roamer's rear bumper even though it was suppsoed to be a '94-'00.

*Continues to beg for a 2.5 ton axle*

As for the interiors... There's been a lot of speculation about dumping the Roamer's interior into the D-Series. This is of course all speculation, but the dash in the D45 Rollback teaser did seem rather round like the Roamer's. Though that would put the early mirrors on the late interior and whatever model years that H-Series style fascia is, so... Just gonna have to wait and see what the model year situation ends up as.

#26015 ManfredE3, Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

Isn’t the W461 in production only for millitaries like the vehicles we have in the Canadian Armed Forces?

17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

"Military, official, and non-government purposes".... Whatever that means...

It's not like anyone's going to be going into a dealership to buy one for family duty, but it is technically a current production G-Wagon

18. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

unsure if it was mentioned but in that video you can clearly see some improvements to the highway structure as well as a whole new ramp that i presume connects the highway fully

• Like Like x 3
  19. chris nowak

chris nowak
    Expand Collapse

looking forward to this update but i look forward to every update to this game lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dense Water

Dense Water
    Expand Collapse

I want a UI overhaul. It’s not even that it feels dated, but there were many issues and it was very convoluted

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice