1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

Okk. Thank you
    --- Post updated ---
    What do you think of this type of livery on every cars?

And what will u think about NFS Most Wanted 2005 Razor's Car Official Skins in the ETK K and I-Series?
    Mine are only assumptions

• Like Like x 1
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

An ETK driving center skin on every car? Why?..

And Razor's Mustang had a fairly generic flame paint job. Which the Pigeon already has actually. Or the M3 GTR skin? Aside from that one attracting attention of angry EA lawyers, the M3 is closest to an ETK 82X/84X, so why put that on every ETK except for the one it would "make sense" on?

3. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

No. Not ETK Driving Experience livery on every cars.
    • For Bruckells "Bruckell Driving Experience"
    • For Cherriers "Cherrier Driving Experience"
    • For Hirochis "Hirochi Driving Experience"
    • For Autobellos "Autobello Driving Experience"
    • For Civettas "Civetta Driving Experience"
    • For Gavrils "Gavril Driving Experience"
    • For Burnsides "Burnside Driving Experience
    • for Ibishus "Ibishu Driving Experience"
    I was talking of something about this. IDK if this will be a new good idea.

And for The Razor's Skin, i was talking about BMW M3 GTR skin.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

But ETK Driving Experience is the only one that we actually have

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I know it

6. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

"Driving Experience" is a German "thing" (but mostly a BMW thing). I think BMW "started" it first with this livery. So far only German cars have unique *put brand here* Driving Experience where others have just generic "Driving Experience" with race flag or strip like Lamborgini or Nissan. However still there are a lot of other car brands that have their own driving experience program that cars don't have special livery at all.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

There's another case I'd like to bring up because I think it's neat. Ford doesn't have its own driving experience, but it does support and lend its name to a third-party racing school at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Their cars do have their own specialized livery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I think you are missing the point of both Gridmap and Grid Small Pure:

Gridmap is there for vehicle and physics testing..... it being virtual reality is perfectly fine as no real life equivalent could exist in the first place. It is not meant to be a realistic joy driving map.... it is meant to be the map for physic and vehicle testing.

Grid Small Pure is exactly the same..... it is in fact mandatory for certain physic and driving tests as you simple dont have enough room for those on any normal map. For example top speed tests.... where else can you drive 30 km in a straight line with zero steering input? Or where you can check overheating issues?

A map where the entire surface is virtual asphalt? Where you have unlimited space for pushing your vehicle to the limits and beyond?

The grid maps are also a standard environment where you can dive deep into the details of the physic simulation: Air density in BeamNG changes similar to real life the higher up you are..... so going up any amount of height will affect standardized test results.

Pure Grid has basically zero elevation, no obstacles, no wind... nothing...... perfect for comparing cars without any outside interference.

Real life engineers would love to have such an environment.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

with 0.21 out, and no hotfix content looks like it's coming for this update, I guess it's time for another list.

Recent finds:
    Ingame Node/Beam Visualiser/Editor
    - I forget where it was, but I remember someone finding files to suggest the N/B visualiser was in the early stges of implementation. can anyone back this up?
    The Hirochi SBR got some adaptive dampers and swaybars, labeled "S2R". this is likely a higher end SBR4 trim, perhaps a track-focused version akin to a porsche 911 GT3 RS.
    LeWagon - Amongst Car_Killer's big image dump right before the update was dropped, there was an image of a lifted legran wagon posted, which did not match any existing legran wagon mods. combined with the addition of a transfercase slot in the LeGran's transmission, it will likely be getting a 4WD offroad version in a future update. once again, this will likely coincide with the release of the wendover, as both vehicles likely share a large amount of parts.
    ETK 800 Torque Vectoring: in 0.21.0, the 800 had a set of Torque vectoring differentials, however these were removed in 0.21.1,
    and while diamondback claimed they were "not realistic for it to have them", the changelog says they were "accidentally released".

This leaves the list of older information:
    van content update: with the Roamer and Pickup effectively done now, the van will almost certainly get its big batch of content in either 0.22 or 0.23. this will most likely contain a facelift, a passenger van, and possibly a minibus, a kentarch conversion, and a side door for the cargo van.
    grand marshal: since the more thorough work done on the roamer and pickup, the grand marshal sticks out to me in that it hasn't had its frame textures, or interior/exterior models reworked yet. But considering they're not really that noticeable, they're probably pretty far down the list.
    Bolide Remaster: with the tweaked meshes being teased in the 0.20 industrial trailer in august, it is almost certain at least the existing bolide parts will be complete by the release of 0.22. once again, this has the potential to coincide with the lewagon and Wendover, for some sort of 80's themed update.
    Wendover: the basic shell model was shown on August, 4 months ago at time of writing. since then, b25mitch published a texture baking tutorial on his personal YouTube channel, using the LeGran/Wendover supercharger model for the demonstration.
    the "Bendover" image of the shell was shown earlier in December, with a modelled underside, but no interior, and obviously still not in-game. considering they still have around 4 months until the next update, that may be enough time for it to be completed.
    Ibishu Remasters: these are kind of intertwined, so I'll mention them together.
    covet - the GTz/drag configs and the updated textures and fascia JBeams suggest the hatch is in the beginning stages of its remaster. lights, interior meshes, and mechanical meshes will likely be updated in future updates. also of note is the fact that the body was renamed to "hatch Unibody" suggesting other body styles are in the works.
    200bx: like the covet, the 200bx appears to be on the cusp of remaster work. the split off trunk lights, combined with the addition of the old/Prostreet paint and drag config tell us it's on the list of things to work on.
    90pessima: no word on this one, though it will likely get new engine meshes when the covet and BX do.
    80pessima: considering the covet just recently got the redtop engine mesh out of the pessima, it seems like it is currently considered a satisfactory model, and considering the rest of this car is to higher standard than the aforementioned 3 cars, it's unlikely to get anything any time soon.
    universal air filters and engine mounts: the covet was the first car to get either of these features, I'd imagine they're going to make their way to some, but not all vehicles in the future.
    metallic paint support: I'm unsure how the Devs could get around implementing this properly, though they likely are working on it in the background.

Unlikely:
    audio Ray tracing
    convertible cars: apparently waiting on audio raytracing.
    tire thermals: we got the grip calculation redo in the most recent update, which does open possibilities for thermal efficiency and wear, though these are still monumental undertakings, and I don't think we'll see anything on them for a while.
    moonhawk/pigeon/sunburst/semi etc. remaster
    Career mode
    V3 UI
    DRI Remaster

once again, if you think anything here is inaccurate or anyone has sources for any of these claims, feel free to mention it.

#27269 CaptainZoll, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  10. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I'm slightly annoyed by the D-series remake screwing up my headcanon about Gavril. I used to think of them as a GM-like company, overflowing with top-class engineering talent but held back by moronic suits who don't know how to make the most of that talent. However, since forced-induction intake options in Beam always seem to be based on the weakest available NA intake for some reason, and recent updates introduced a bunch of older, weaker NA intakes for the Gavril V8 engines... well, not so much. In just a few major updates, Gavril has gone from having a 330HP AWD supertruck duing a time period when 250ish HP and RWD were the norm, to having a 350HP RWD supertruck during the same time period, to having... a 300HP RWD sports truck during a time when its main rival (Ford F150 Lightning) would have had 350-380. In short, they went very quickly from being far ahead of real-life analogues, to being just as far behind.

That aside, however, there are some items of interest to speculate on. First off, demolition-racer configs. It used to be we only had The Terrible (Moonhawk), then we got The Awful (Barstow), then I think it was the Bulebuck and remastered Grand Marshal after that, and now they're everywhere and even FWDs are getting them. At this point, pretty much anything with an "old paint" skin is going to get a "The Derogative" config to go with it. So the question is, what else will join that list? The LeGran seems to be a shoe-in, but probably needs a full remaster anyway; it has recently got some attention in the form of rally suspension so who knows what could be coming. Newer Pessima is mostly in the same boat but with better modelling; it's a boring and content-poor car that everyone ignores, but it just makes sense for it to get a beater racer config at some point. The ETK I-series could fit and Gabester's original description of it did mention demolition derbies.

Some more "wildcard" picks could also appear. The Bolide has almost no chance of getting one of these, but it is historically known for being surprisingly good "in combat" thanks to its stiff structure and low, wedgy shape, so who knows, the devs might surprise us. The Sunburst, with listed model years of 2009-2014, is starting to be old enough that some of the earliest and least-sporty ones could plausibly be found in a fairly uncared-for condition by now. The Piccolina is probably too light. The Burnside is right on the edge of being too valuable to smash, and is apparently surprisingly fragile, while the Hopper would be ideal for a Tuff Truck-inspired config but the wheels may be a bit too "open" for full-contact racing or an outright derby. Miramar could be worth watching as well.

Now, as to what's going to get remastered next: I honestly hope the answer is "H-Series" as it has been a beneficiary of the D-Series/Roamer remasters, but still doesn't have much to call its own. There's finally a long-wheelbase variant, for example, but no passenger or RV versions, and no real "extra" trim levels either. We do have some evidence to show that the Bolide will be the next one through the rework grinder, and to be honest, it needs it as well. Other candidates: Moonhawk (it did get a body reshape last year, but has struggled along with the same few lore-poor factory trims for years), LeGran (relatively content-poor and needs a remaster badly), Sunburst (also not touched AFAIK since the body reshape a year and a half ago, and was never truly finished according to some people on this forum), newer Pessima (relatively content-poor and seems to have been left to languish), Burnside (*very* content-poor and seems to have been left to languish), Pigeon (see Burnside), and Miramar (doesn't have many factory trims, does have some interior oddities).

The Soliad: for a while, the devs seemed to be setting up a fairly predictable alternating cadence of new car - remaster - new car - remaster. However, with 0.21, they broke that cadence by delivering two "remaster" updates in a row. What this means for my long-awaited SadLad, I'm not sure. I feel... somewhere between 40-60% confident that it will be in 0.22.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Lets just say the sadlad has faded into the background and we'll refer to it now as the Soiled bendover

its just better tho

#27271 KrukasKlep, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

What's a NB visualizer?
    50%? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

There is a part of Gridmap outside the normal spawn where there is infinite terrain, like Grid, Small, Pure.

Yes, the Sunburst's interior is very low quality, especially the rear door textures. You might remember when the Sunburst and T-series were released unfinished, without an interior.

14. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

i think they actually kinda extended the bolide revamp because most people said it could use more improving from what we saw in the industrial teaser.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of those weird derby-beater configs, I'd love to see more cars get the cleaner rally raid off road config that the Sunburst has (I guess the baja Piccolina counts). That was my favorite config in game for a long time, it's just nice having an off road config that's clean and set up properly opposed to those junkyard configs we've been seeing.

Speaking of new configs and additional content, I'd really like to see some more stuff inbetween the superbuilds and factory vehicles. Having something inbetween these is important both for having a well rounded roster and not having a huge gap in performance levels in career mode. The D35 Pig is a perfect example of what I'd like to see for the other 2. We really don't have anything inbetween the factory truck and the prerunner, the D25 lifted is the closest thing. Putting some pre-runner parts and some new parts onto the factory frame to get us a vintage/homemade prerunner would be nice. As for the Hopper crawler: a 1 ton axle swap on the custom config would do nicely. This has the additional bonus of further differentiating it from the Off Road config.

Random note, 48" floaters would be nice for the D-Series crawler.... Don't ask why ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if I'd call it that. More like "Ask again later%".

I used to have some pretty hot prediction skills (I called nitrous the instant I saw proper turbo physics being introduced, for example), but I don't feel comfortable making one here.
    --- Post updated ---
    I suspect that the "in-between" type stuff will be left for the player to build themselves over the course of the career mode.

That's actually why I'd like to see things like body kits, interior customization, or more in-depth engine tuning - think the Customizable Engines mod or something like Forza's system - get some attention at some point. A lot of cars have a wide variety of parts, but they often have very little that isn't already used by some dev-made preset config - perhaps one or two engine or supercharger stages that aren't used, maybe, but not much beyond that. Making some pure customization content for people to find in the parts selector would make it much easier to build your own "in-between" (or "way beyond" if that's more your style) config.

#27276 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
  17. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Wow, that's even earlier than any of our plans then... :cool:

• Like Like x 13
  18. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

it may be because the ETK800 was Diamondback's original test car for driving dynamics stuff iirc

#27278 ClassicMike, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

this

20. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

So in a nutshell it's kinda like a 3D real-time version of the advanced damage visualizer thingy? Cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice