1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure that's good to leave for custom configs. The pre-runner is so unique that if you want to do off road racing in game, you either need to make your own or jump straight into a pro-grade tube frame truck, there's no official configs to ease the player into that driving style. That's a really big issue in my opinion. As for the Hopper custom, it's a similar story, plus IMO the off road and custom configs are way too similar to justify both as they currently sit, so making the custom into a baby-crawler would actually justify its existence. There isn't really a reason to not have a single extra config as a baby version of any super builds we get, it's not like one more config is going to overload the UI any more than it already is.

I could go on and on about the lack of aftermarket & personalization parts though. The part-by-part simulation we have means this is the perfect game for it, yet even the most customizable cars in game generally only have factory content and at most one body kit. This is part of the reason I've been saying that Nomi/Turbo Rabbit specifically need a "remaster" and content additions like maps and vehicles have been getting. Making custom configs is already one of the fun things to do in game, and that's only going to become more important when the public branch gets career mode.

As for engine customization, I know a dev once mentioned that the quality assurance gets unreasonable quick with the current system. Personally I'd like to see them focus on some intakes/manifolds/exhaust options while they figure out the more in depth stuff just since those are the main ones to make a visual difference.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

And maybe while they're at it, stop basing every forced-induction intake option on the 1985 base model intake. Giving the D15 RS 290-300 horsepower would have been great if it were on the 86-91 fascia, or even the 92-97 original. The early-2000s one would be nowhere in the market with that level of power; 340-350 would be the bare minimum at that point.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

OEM parts are really something we could use. For example, there's no/very few official in-house tuners, I would think that Hirochi would have something like STI or Ibishu would have something like Nismo, TRD, or whatever. TTSport and Roadsport are pretty much the only ones, and even still I don't think they have enough parts specific to them for either to be that distinct from their main brands. They are going in the right direction, it just needs to be expanded upon.

There should indeed be some middle-ground between the base vehicles and the super builds. It'll make the game more challenging (instead of holding your hand and letting you have a Prerunner off the bat) and less dependent on mods. If there's too much middle-ground covered, however, then you may find yourself making a config almost identical to an existing one, except with a few different parts that don't make too big of a change. Besides, I think that the progression system will probably make sure you can't go from your starter Covet to a drag one all willy-nilly like, that's just how game progression should and usually does work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

NB = Node & Beam visualizer. Looks cool!

5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

One thing I'd love to see for performance divisions/aftermarket companies is flavors for each brand.
    • 1990's Gavril RS models already have this: all 3 have the supercharged small block and AWD when applicable, as well as similar body kits to each other that are distinct from the rest of the factory line.
    • We can't really comment on the 1960/1970's Gavril RS until we see what happens when the Barstow gets some attention. The Bluebuck RS is fine as it is, being the start of the RS line and comparable to at least one trim level of what feels like every IRL counterpart.
    • ETK TT-Sport seems to have the groundwork laid with the unused badges and K-Series skins, though currently it's not in a great place at all
    • I'm really not sure Hirochi should get an in house tuning division since they seem to be an engineering company, not a car company (refer to the existence of the musica-ficta and pretty much everything about the quirk-fest that is the SBR). Why invest in an in-house division when cars aren't the only thing they sell? Going case by case with their lineup seems more sensible.
    • Bruckell/Autobello/Civetta just don't have enough cars to say anything about them.
    • Soliad/Burnside are luxury marques, so high end configs that are not part of the tuning division make sense there
    • Cherrier's Arsenic seems like it may fight the bill already, but with only the Vivace there isn't enough to come to any conclusions yet
    • That just leaves Ibishu. GTz is fine as a performance spec, but it would be great to see something a bit higher than that. Refer to Nismo.
    • Wentward has the Hero ;)
    • Turbo Rabbit could fully embrace the modern tuner focus they almost have now: bolt on flares, chassis mounted wings, Liberty Walk/Rocket Bunny inspired kits, etc...
    • Nomi could also fully embrace the line they already flirt with and focus on the track oriented bits... Hill climb/touring car/GT3 style stuff.
    • Alder could get some Mooneyes influence and see some hot rod/drag car/speed record parts.

My worry with the lack of middle ground isn't really that you'll end up with an $80,000 prerunner off the bat, rather you'l finally get it end game after saving up doing other styles of racing, then have to learn that style on a top tier rig that's just too much to handle while learning. Without middle ground configs there's no way to have a "branch" to go up and learn

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Along a similar topic, I'm wondering if Beta is going to emerge as a (possibly European or Canadian? It's hard to tell at the moment) high-performance wheelmaker as the Bolide goes in for its remaster. So far all we have from theme is a single wheel (the Quebecois), and not so much as a logo. There's some untapped potential there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

That's likely a reference to the Alfa (Romeo) Montreal, which was equipped with the real-life counterpart of those rims, so maybe European would be preferred.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it did seem kind of likely, for me at least, but wasn't that back in 2015?

9. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Beta is a Greek letter, so why not have it as a Greek company?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

:confused:

This is very odd then. If we follow the logic of these being the equivalent of Alfa Romeo wheels, then wouldn't that seem to imply another automaker in BeamNG, going by the name of Beta and specializing in sports cars, complete with a model that debuted at the 1967 Expo in Montreal, Québec?

o_O

Could it be? Could there have been a secret automaker hidden in plain sight right from the very first public release of BeamNG?

:rolleyes:

Probably not. It's likely just something that @gabester put in while he was putting the Bolide in-game and forgot about. Still, if by some coincidence the vehicle team is already planning an Alfa-type sports car behind the scenes, this just might be a cool thing to bring full-circle.

#27290 YellowRusty, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Pretty sure those wheels were introduced long after the Bolide iteslf. Originally it only had the 320, 350 GT, and 390 GTR trims; the plain 350 came along later.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It has been added in 0.19 already (improved further in 0.20)
    Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

In short:
    • Tick Cut to next marker to remove the transition from that marker to the next one
    • In Replays, if you place the marker at the same time as the previous one, the cut is automatically ticked

• Like Like x 13
  13. PeakAir

PeakAir
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been here for a while so if this has already been posted, sorry.
    Anyhow, I was browsing the jbeam files of the d-series when I came across this
    pickup_towingeyes_F.jbeam
    pickup_towingeyes_R.jbeam
    I didn't recognize the name towingeye from the part selector so I delve a little deeper. I found that the parts were attached to the chassis and had their own slots in the part selector but were not declared in the chassis jbeam so didn't show up. I just declared them and this is what showed up.

the textures and mesh look a little unfinished. seeing that there are tow points on the eyes (front and rear) possible winch in the future maybe.
    this is the code I used to get it working

//important part
    ["pickup_towingeyes_R","Rear Towing Eyes (Black)","Rear Towing Eyes", {"nodeMove":{"x":0,
    "y":1.60,"z":-0.03}}],
    ["pickup_towingeyes_F","Front Towing Eyes (Black)","Front Towing Eyes"],

copy and paste this under //misk in the slots section of the frame jbeam. adust the y value for the respective frame size.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2021-01-02_23-51-39.png
    • screenshot_2021-01-02_23-51-55.png
    • screenshot_2021-01-02_23-51-51.png
  14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I thought they are already in the game, I remember seeing them on the Marauder config which must have the slot for them somewhere else, also I remember being able to add them to some of my configs

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PeakAir

PeakAir
    Expand Collapse

it would appear so.

16. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

Guys, i hope in 0.22 update one of these things:

• Gavril Grand Marshall/Gavril H-Series Facelift/Remaster
    • A new European 80's/90's car
    • A new 2000's/2010's European Van
    • A new European Map
    • AI cars more realistic
    • more Classic (80's/90's) Wheels
    What do u think about these?

17. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

well, thats way to far fetched.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I hope one of them. Never say Never

19. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

there is no way they would make that happen in 1 update lol, do you even read the discoveries we make here?

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

Honestly... no. But i don't wanna seem rude. Mine were only suppositions.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice