1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

thanks for that really useful data ! So here is the updated version with all the update release hours :)

Attached Files:

• Capturedcran210.png
    • Like Like x 2
  2. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

3. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Information on the revamp of the bolide has been surprisingly little, because we mostly just saw that one bolide in the industrial trailer, which makes me suggest that either its getting a more thorough redesign, or the developers have it be more of a slow cooker.

Devs i am still lusting for information on that rally bolide

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

yeah

5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

close enough.

beamfragile.png

• Like Like x 5
  6. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

Thats cursed

• Like Like x 1
  7. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

8. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

Probably some filter

9. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

ridiculously high fov

10. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Paint.net and I messed with the lightness setting.

11. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Ah, that makes sense.

12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of which, when are we going to get a real 80's supercar in BeamNG? The Bolide is essentially a mid-engine C4 Corvette, hardly a supercar as it purports to be. We need something with more radical styling and at least two more cylinders.

I'm thinking it should borrow styling cues from the Lamborghini P132 and Vector W8

#27392 vmlinuz, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

The problem with supercars is their lack of flexibility, the only variant you can justify is a gt/racing variant. Id rather have a 90s - 10s Muscle car/US sports car or a rally homologation car...

• Agree Agree x 13
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That's a big justification though... High end race cars are great for the sim racing audience and generally shiny things are good for attracting a younger audience (even if they can't control it, they don't care beyond crashing it anyway). Supercars are also ideal for end game content, and modern supercars specifically are perfect for showing off some of the more advanced simulation bits we have.

It's not like the are the only low-versitility vehicles in game either. Looking at you melty Pessima.

A good number of them could get standard versions, special editons, street legal race car packages, GT3 and rally versions... That's a lot of options compared to certain highly requested vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 12
  15. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I think the big question is what car they are going to use as most of BeamNG is what movies call "based on a true story." Personally I'm still waiting for my modern American pony car, but I estimate any supercar will be European-based, so... ETK or Civetta I guess would be the first question?

16. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

saym

• Like Like x 1
  17. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

the problem i have with the bolide is that it is a jack of all trades, but a master of none. it tries to be all types of cars but ends up being an awkward blend of mediocrity :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Well you can get different interior options too, not only colors but different design altogether, or some lighter carbon fiber package or something, or simple skins... But that would still feel like not enough options. The Bolide already doesn't have enough of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

I wish there are GT3-4 customizations for most of the cars.

20. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

I disagree with this claim.
    I actually think that the Bolide is definitely not a jack of all trades. It has three main types of versions- street versions (with various power levels) , a race version (the group 4), and the GTR which is somewhere in between- a sort of "street legal" version of the group 4 race car (or is it the other way around?). They all have a really specific use, compared to most other Beamng cars. (The Hopper has a drag editon! The Sunburst has an offroad version!)
    And I don't really think it's mediocre- I mean, obviously it's not the fastest car in game, but it's 30-40 years older than many of those cars. So for it's time period I guess it was pretty fast.

However, IDK how much more content could possibly be added to the Bolide, as it is a dedicated supercar. There are only two new options I can think of:
    1. A rally edition: Hinted by the Lancia Stratos-inspired livery, and the "supercar rally" scenario, The Bolide could get a BMW M1 style rally edition. I personally think it really would not make much sense for the Bolide to be a group-B style vehicle, but I also never thought that the hopper would make for a good drag car conversion...

2. An all-out race car: A bit like we got a brand new tube chassis for the Hopper or the D-series, giving us what is essentially a brand new car, the Bolide could (no evidence, only wild ideas in my head) get a new chassis and become something like a Le-mans race vehicle prototype! That could be very interesting, as we still don't have something like that in-game, and those cars have some really complex systems, aero setups and lightweight chassis, and it could push some aspects of Beamng to the extreme.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice