Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Harkin Labs Gaming

Harkin Labs Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The only issue I have with the Bolide is that it looks wrong because it has no crazy vents or aero. It should have giant stylistic vents on the sides but doesn't, so it looks too tame.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, if it were to me, i would just redo the entire car and design it to the new vehicle standard. Most of us would rather have the car be delayed just to be redone properly. Instead of having the revamp just to turn out lukewarm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. esesesel

esesesel
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of GT3 cars;)
    ETKGT.png

#27443 esesesel, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  4. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

Another thing that sucks about it that isn't even the devs fault is people think it's an expensive car when it's more like a Ferrari 348 more than anything which is worth about as much as a newer camry.

5. Harkin Labs Gaming

Harkin Labs Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The Bolide could relatively easily move upmarket with a few modifications. Having a turbo, a more colorful interior, more vents, and a lightweight homologation race car like the F40 would be enough to push the Bolide into 80s high end supercar/hypercar territory.

• Like Like x 1
  6. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

I think if would be more of 355 territory by then unless it is designed like a low production numbers car, I.E. lightweight materials like fiber glass, like you said a turbo (Unlikely for a low end exotic) so it would be very hard to get it to say the 150K-200K range.

7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

News to me, I always saw the Bolide as being similar to cars like the 512BB (1 like = 1 hope I get to own one someday) and, back when it had a crossplane V8 sound, Pantera. Frankly I always thought it was a little incongruous to have the steel-wheeled base model and fire-breathing 390 GTR as variants of the same car - did supercar ranges at the time really stretch that far?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Harkin Labs Gaming

Harkin Labs Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The steel wheels never really fit to me. Seemed out of place on it, and I don't expect them to survive the remaster. I can't think of any real life supercars that had steel wheels, but that doesn't mean they don't exist as people tend to only show off the best examples.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the steel wheels are out of place, but otherwise, the Ferrari 208, 308, and 288 GTO are all principally the same car, so it's not that far fetched. I could certainly see them making some sort of F40-style version in place of the current 390 GTR.

in fact, one weird aspect of the bolide is its abnormally long wheelbase, at 2.53m.
    of the v8 Ferraris of the time, the 308 and 328 had a wheelbase of around 2.35, with the 348, 355, 288GTO, and F40 sharing a 2.45m wheelbase. the Lamborghini Jalpa and Lancia 037 also had a 2.45m wheelbase. this is still 80mm short of the bolide, quite a significant margin.
    as for 12 cylinder flagship models, the Ferrari 512BB was 2.50m, and the Testarossa was a bit longer at 2.55m.
    the Lamborghini Countach had a quite small 2.45m wheelbase, owing to its more aggressive shape.

and if they were to shorten the wheelbase to make it more accurate, what's not to say that they might lengthen the chassis a bit, re-body most of the car, similar to the tograc, and make a V12 Flagship GT/supercar?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

So yea, most of the comunity just wants a full on remake of the entire car from the looks of it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

It would be enough if they made it at least look like a supercar which it doesn't for now

12. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Front Bumper height requirements, so they met those requirements in the most lazy way.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. ㅤㅤㅤ...

ㅤㅤㅤ...
    Expand Collapse

Pigeon needs remaster,
    It only have 2 engines, almost no tuning and only few configs.

14. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

and maximum rpm on the 600 cc bike engine always results in some damage occurring, even with heavy duty internals and stuff.

15. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Heavy duty internals aren't made to take high RPM as they're rather made for loads of down-low torque, thus why they experience damage

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ㅤㅤㅤ...

ㅤㅤㅤ...
    Expand Collapse

Also i want to see Pigeon hatchback

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

Also i want to see Pigeon V12 TDI

and don't tell me that it's physically impossible im not here for physic accuracy im here for V12 TDI

• Like Like x 6
  18. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, some kind of UK spec model

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Remember that one mod that swapped a Barstow engine to the back of the Pigeon? The V12 TDI mod should do that same thing.
    Edit: 200th post

20. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

why is everyone hellbent on a UK spec model?
    we don't have a UK map, and the reliant robin was an outlier in both british 3 wheelers, and in that it was a sedan/hatchback 3 wheeler.
    the pigeon already makes sense with minimal stretch of imagination to be sold in japan and most of southeast asia, as cars like the mazda t1500, mitsubishi mizushima, and daihatsu midget were sold in those places only a few years before the pigeon's production, as well as an italian market version, along the lines of the piaggio ape.

it just doesn't make sense for a japanese company, making what is likely a long running lineage, extremely spartan light utility truck, and to decide to adapt it to be sold in britain, where the sales of such cars are already an extreme niche.
    and when you consider that in the 1980s, japanese cars were only just beginning to get a grasp on the UK car market, it makes even less sense.

it does need amber rear indicators though.

• Agree Agree x 15
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice