1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

exactly

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I'm 99% sure they would never do that anyway, it would break all the in-game scenarios and they would all have to be fixed, probably manually.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

The fact that they haven't cleared it up yet most likely means it is official content coming soon. If it was a mod they would have said so a long time ago so we stop talking about it. The devs really seem to dislike promising future content so they just maintain silence whenever possible. Their silence on this proves their intentions.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. A Sawblade Dude

A Sawblade Dude
    Expand Collapse

F

5. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

Guys, how do u know the update or future contents of Beamng drive?
    Me, i don't know nothing.

6. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

I am pretty dumb, because that image is a few months old now, and more progress would have been made. It could have a different fascia, but we don't know about this yet.

7. A Sawblade Dude

A Sawblade Dude
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I'm so out of the loop, I never did end up seeing that image until today.

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

That is not quite fully correct. Take a look at this picture of the 800-series and the K-series with the unibody made invisible:

screenshot_2021-02-19_16-24-13.png

Bear in mind that while the 800 and the K-series have different wheelbases, they are platform-mates that share a suspension and most drivetrain components. Given that both were released as part of the 0.5 round of updates (The 800 in 0.5.2, and the K-series in 0.5.6) It can reasonably be argued that the development of both models overlapped, hence the reason for wagon parts to be differentiated from coupe parts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Technically all full size SUVs are pickups, even those like the roamer. Chevy Suburban/Tahoe, GMC Yukon/Yukon XL, Ford Expedition, and even non-american SUVs like Nissan Armada and Toyota Sequoia and Land Cruiser are all based off of their pickup truck counterparts' chassis. The chassis are just modified to carry a passenger body. Only the european full sized SUVs actually have purpose built frames as far as I know.

#27969 Blue Bird Gaming, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I know that they are built on the same platform but you can't really call the 800 series a K-Series wagon because one is a few years older than the other and with modern cars it makes a major difference.

There's a difference between using the same frame with a completely different body and using a slightly modified frame with a slightly modified body that can still serve as a pickup when you remove the bed cap, rear seats and interior panels.

Am I takling too much on this thread? I should stop lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I speculate we will know more about the Wendover in the next week or two

Sadlad best wedge

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alfa08

Alfa08
    Expand Collapse

changing the subject ... Almost all the car manufacturers in Beamng have a well-defined history on their career, Gavril was in business until the early 2000s, Ibishu also, and so the other manufacturers ... You do not find that there is a strong gap, of at least two vehicles as far as the etk is concerned, since many years have passed between the I series and the 800 / K series? I expect more etk models in the next updates, you?

13. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Yeah and also a more modern 4 door sedan, like in the same range of years as the 800 and k series

14. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I don't thing Gavril went out of business in the 2000s as there is still a Gavril dealer in business. Still there is no sign of a modern Gavril yet. I'm hopeful for a modern Gavril and Bruckell.

Obviously the devs focus should be on filling important Niches like a Modern euro truck and van.

I just realized there is no official vehicle with Torsion bar suspension.

#27974 ktheminecraftfan, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

The LeGran has a torsion-beam in the rear.

16. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I should have mentioned Torsion bar front suspension, Plus the Le Gran has beam Axle rear suspension with a panhard rod.

17. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

Torsion bars are used on the front and back of Piccolina, and the LeGran has a torsion-beam aka twist-beam aka torsion-bar suspension. A torsion-beam uses a flexible unpowered rod connecting the two wheels. A beam axle is another name for a solid live axle, used on cars like the D-Series, Barstow, Moonhawk, and all the other American vehicles.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Oh I forgot about the Autobello. huh. I was mostly referring to the layouts of the 60's and 70's Mopars (The Dodge coronet exists I suppose).

19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

piccolina?

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Or really more modern cars in general - all the American cars are older than the Roamer, at like 17 years old... at least the Europeans and Japanese get a new car :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice