1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The down below bits are reflectors I think. I believe it just uses 2 stage bulbs for brake lights and indicators. I haven't seen mine lit up in a very long time so I could be incorrect.

• Like Like x 2
  2. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

The devs when people make not funny jokes then starts an arguement on one of the most important threads:

Attached Files:

• 130795031_422871999088332_8146928858874520525_n.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

One thing i'm curious about, is that most cars as of late have had some sort of high performance version, whether it's faster, or more offroad capable (or both).
    The thing about the LeGran is, most real-life equivalent vehicles used engines like the Buick 3800 at largest, equivalent to the LeGran's 3.8 V6. the Wendover is only going to be bigger and heavier than a LeGran, so how will they balance wanting one, considering a LeGran will likely also be cheaper than a Wendover in career mode?

there are a few ways i can see them going about this:
    the first is to add a bit more OEM variety than is necessarily realistic, for example if they gave it an optional DOHC V8 akin to a cadillac NorthStar, that could substantially raise the upper limit for power.

Another possibility, which I grow more skeptical of as time goes on, is a "super build" 3rd gen stock car config, akin to the hoppler and superpig. This would make the Wendover seriously desirable even among the pickup, SBR and vivace for overall competitiveness, and would be about the most recent nascar you could make without having something 100% aftermarket.

a third option, however, would bring some new vehicle logic to the game, and would also be quite an unforgettable config, especially in the way it drives:
    since the wendover uses a contained FF drivetrain on a front subframe, you could get a second whole engine and front suspension assembly, and put it in place of the rear axle, to make a dual-engined version. combine this with the aformentioned northstar clone, and you've got a very peculiar, but very fast car.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

From what we've seen, the Wendover has moved decently upmarket since its inception. Imagine if Pontiac made a cheaper, enthusiast-oriented Cadillac Allante. Of course the lesser models get the 3.8, but a small DOHC V8 makes sense for the more expensive ones.

The high-end interior better be jam-packed with 80's and 90's tech options

#28064 vmlinuz, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. jonthefuzz

jonthefuzz
    Expand Collapse

It would be reasonable to assume that the legran would get an update with the wendover as their similar vehicles. I recall people being disappointed about the quality of the legran when it released on top of the weird paint design layout.
    but hears something to speculate about, other than a beater one what skins would the wendover have?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

If the D-series and Roamer are done with their remasters, then we could see other cars get remastered. It all depends on those two though. Also, with the new gridmap remaster thread, it signals that a gridmap remaster is in progress.

7. Alfa08

Alfa08
    Expand Collapse

I know maybe it's not the most appropriate thread, but I have a question ... why do you think developers prefer to make maps that contain different elements (for example WCUSA, which has cities, tracks and highways), rather than making a specific map, only with a big city?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Yeah it would be way cooler to have a dedicated city map

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

It improves immersion I think. Being able to drive through a city, out to the county roads and a cruise on the highway. All that without having to change maps, and reload the game is neat.
    They might make a NY-based thing in the future, who knows.

Another thing I do speculate about is that one big city map may feel kind of... dead? Without proper AI, people etc. Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I remember speculation on something like this for the Piccolina sometime before its release, though my line of thinking was rooted more in the Citroen 2CV Sahara. From what I remember, BeamNG currently isn't set up to handle drivetrains with multiple engines, and I don't think that's changed.

Cities, particularly large cities, have only been possible due to recent advances in the techniques the development team uses to make maps. It used to be that they caused serious problems in game performance, and it was only through developing the combination of mesh curb/decal road and the use of a seperate forest editor to place building facade details that cities were able to enter the game.

This does bring to mind another interesting question - with map revamps coming to a close, and only Gridmap being confirmed on the list of remaining revamps, what could the environment artists be working on?

• Like Like x 1
  11. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

i think with the legran wagon coming out, the legran interior will be remastered or even improved a little bit

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

having a map with only one type of environment is really limited for use.
    you have to model say 4x as many city blocks, and just so you can drive in a straight line for a bit longer, with near identical scenery?
    it's much more labour efficient to instead spread out multiple different areas on the map.
    even a map like italy, which doesn't squash things into an unrealistically small space, still has farmland, villages, mountain roads, etc. which is overall much more interesting to drive in for extended periods.
    it should also be mentioned that natural terrain is much generally less labour intensive, since you can reuse the same trees, rocks, etc. all throughout a map.
    Twin engine drivetrains have been done in mods, the only limitations are with gearbox control. I think it's conceivable for such a wendover config to have automatic transmissions which are always shifted together, though a more advanced control system (maybe making use of drivemodes?) could be implemented to make it more "polished".
    now this is a good question.
    I would imagine the next map to be added will be another 4x4km, having Italy being the only map of that size in a complete game would not make sense.
    Italy was also being worked on from april 2016 to december 2018, which totals to around 32 months of development time.
    since italy was released, 26 months have elapsed, though in that time frame most work would have been directed to the map remasters, and they probably will continue to take priority for the next year or so. so even if they've been working on it since before italy released, it'll be a reasonable amount of time (18+ months) before I think we'll see it.

But where might this map be set?
    the possibility of a french map has been noted before, based upon the introduction of Cherrier, and various gendarmerie configs existing in the game.
    however, I think the road layouts and general environment of france are far too similar to Italy to be particularly justifiable. but what other areas of the world could they feasibly add, that would bring new scenery, perhaps new types of roads, and which could hypothetically fit into the career mode?
    something like a rural finland map in the snow would give an opportunity for lots of unique rally stages, though having a place like that permanently frozen over would be a bit weird.

while it is likely at some point, judging by how they've remastered vehicles in parts previously, I wouldn't expect it immediately.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Rubidium

Rubidium
    Expand Collapse

The big difference with Italy map would be the presence of giant speed bumps and chicanes every 30 m.

#28073 Rubidium, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Why are we so certain a legran wagon is coming out? Apologies if I missed something

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Also my Apologies if i am wrong.

But car killer posted on his page a Legran Wagon. AND from what i understand there is some wagon files Hidden Deep in the games files.

But i may be wrong I dunno :)

16. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Car killer posts his mods quite often so I'd be cautious, but if they are also in the game files it's possible :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

unlike any other legran wagon mod known, the lifted appearance coincides with the official implementation of lifted springs and a transfercase slot.
    lewagon.jpg

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Imo Italy should be changed a bit, it lacks these long narrow corridors that can barely fit a car which are common in the real Italy from what I've seen in videos. Then if they made a France map they wouldn't make these corridors and it would be different already.

19. Radoslav Klucar

Radoslav Klucar
    Expand Collapse

You know, France is big. So there would be many options to not be similar to the Italy map, idk, place it somewhere northern or... we do not have Alps map, which still could be located in fictional France. I do think, that it makes sense to make a french map, but british map would bring totally new biome to the game and also british car wouldn`t be stupid to make.... but it`s just a speculation (or should I call it suggestion?)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

tbh italy could use some extra TLC for now just to spice it up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice