1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

In 1990, 1991 and 1993 there was ten 10 cars made at the same time. That´s quite a lot considering we only have 28 cars total.

Gavril Grand Marshal
    Gavril D-series
    Bruckell LeGran
    Soliad Wendover
    Wentward DT-series
    Ibishu 200BX
    Ibishu Covet
    Ibishu Pessima 1G
    Ibishu Hopper
    ETK I-series

Gavril Grand Marshal
    Gavril Roamer
    Gavril D-series
    Gavril H-series
    Soliad Wendover
    Bruckell LeGran
    Wentward DT-series
    Ibishu 200BX
    Ibishu Hopper
    ETK I-series

2. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Well. The reason why we have so many 80s and 90 cars is that on beginning of the game development, devs planned to create just derby game. Of course that has been changed but the gap remain, for now.

Also I don't think 80's and 90's are "oversaturated" with the cars. There are just deficiency in cars from 2000-2020 especially for fact the game is set in 2020.

#29962 robert357, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 13
  3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Mind you the D series came out in 1986 and the GMT400 came out in mid 1987 so it's not far off styling wise to trucks of the era. but yeah the body lasting to 2003 is pushing it. But then Gavril must have been strapped for cash and they needed to delay the replacement.

I wonder if the H series would get a modern face lift model, would make sense as it wasn't uncommon for vans of it's type to have long lives. They still make the Chev express despite the platform being close to 30 years old. Oh and the Gran Marshall could do with a face lift too as that could help fill the gap for 2000's sedans.

You kinda already have that with the prefacelift, just need to remove the lightbar in the middle.

4. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking there might be another vehicle poll on the 10th anniversary of the first one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. vidderus

vidderus
    Expand Collapse

Was the D-series the first car?

6. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

Yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. vidderus

vidderus
    Expand Collapse

Wow didn't know it was that old!

8. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

It was from at least May 2012, in this video.

9. vidderus

vidderus
    Expand Collapse

Who knows, maybe it's even older?

10. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

There were negative reactions for wendover, when it was announced?
    I'm myself more european/japanese vehicles over american, but I love this game for being so extensive with a choice of what to do or what to drive, and to be fair Wendover is one of the best cars that have been made for this game. The driving physics feel really good, which is funny, because just americans could put supercharged v8 into fwd car (talking about the sport version) :D

I disagree with the voting system for the vehicles like it used to be. I think the devs should just surprise us.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

Considering only 3 people out of 300 voted for it, it didn´t really get a warm welcome.
    Also, somebody here asked who the 3 people that voted for the Wendover were. Two people said that they voted for it, Superman, who hasn´t been online since 2015, and @Zorin-Ind., who has been online as recently as December 2020, so there is a good chance he has seen the Wendover. The third person remains unknown.

#29971 Softair, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

people did get quite some time to warm up for it though, Roughly 7 years or so.

its kinda hilarious that people still bring up the ancient crap from the early days:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

Oh ok. I didn't know he meant the voting, which is basically the mistake as people will massively only vote for a vehicle they would buy themselves, not for a vehicle that suits the game. Plus imo it adds just more risks for the project, because it increases the pressure of what you should do or not.

14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The D-Series makes sense on paper, as the devs basically just took the F-Series and shifted it back to be '86-'03 instead of '80-'97. While AR162B showed that it is possible to get a major pre-facelift on the current H-Series, it's going to be more difficult to pull off.

While your spreadsheet certainly is more pretty, I think this shows how extreme the '82-'02 emphasis is a bit more. I do think this era should be weighted a bit heavier as these cars are affordable but with nearly modern performance (compared to vintage cars) so they are great for career mode, but about half of our roster comes from this 2 decade span right now, which is just excessive. A lot of people seem to ignore that we have a lot of deficiencies pre-1982 as well as post-2002; both of the tails are rather skinny.

Capture3.jpg

#29974 ManfredE3, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Yes that 2003 - 2008 ''gap in the timeline'' is really something ive been thinking about when it comes to beamng vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

As far as I know, that's from the Rigs of Rods days, and RoR is not canon to BeamNG.

17. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Its in the same universe but not canonically connected o_O

Some kind of ''the floor is made out of floor'' type of logic

18. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

https://wiki.beamng.com/Burnside
    I made a mistake though, it folded in 1985.

19. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

It's also really odd how 2006 and 2007 have no vehicles made, not to mention 1956 and 57 i think it is? the 2 years before the piccolina started.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

1500th page;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice