1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I understand, it's just that it kind of looked like the Bolide was getting hung out to dry.

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'd be surprised if it doesn't get more or less the same treatment the LeGran got. Optional AWD, some performance trims of questionable realism that are fun nonetheless (note the hillclimb aero kit it already has), and one body style (wagon or liftback/hatchback like the contemporary Mazda 626 had).

We could see AWS (there's a few platforms that could see this, but only the older Pessima has it)

We could also see a diesel (contempoarary Corolla and Camry had diesel options and the 626 had a Comprex Diesel). Diesel engines are another thing often omitted in the vehicle roster

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Modified cars for racing like touring car or Australian production and improved production car exist. Not to mention that it doesn't have banger/derby variant and taxi (which fits perfectly for a cheap car). Not to mention to just overall improving for more details and finish touches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. alex1dp

alex1dp
    Expand Collapse

A Supertouring superbuild would be a possibility too

• Like Like x 1
  5. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

I feel like the Covet is more closely related to the 1st gen Pessima than the second gen Pessima. I think the Covet could get a different front end bc rn, it looks a bit like a Grand Marshall or something else that is quite non-Japanese and possibly beyond the era the Covet's main body shape should be based off of.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The Covet looks like if the 80s Honda Civic was American lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I prefer it be delayed until ready than rushed and flawed. The Bolide deserves to have the time taken on it.

Delay until ready, guys. You aren't CDPR

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Am I alone in thinking it'd be better to see some more common cars rather than the Bolide? It's practically impossible to drive via keyboard anyway, has very little in the way of parts or customization, and there are still so many mainstream segments missing from the game, so while I'd enjoy a Bolide revamp, I feel like it's not the best thing right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I think the Covet looks fine as is. Keep in mind that it is not supposed to be a direct Civic clone, it just takes heavy inspiration from the Civic of that time period. With that being said, I do think the Covet can do with a sedan variant, since the front and most of the body would stay the same and the trunk would just be stretched back.

--- Post updated ---
    Also if the devs do go down that route, they can easily make coupe and four-door hatch bodies as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I think a compact pickup like a Ranger/D21/Hilux would be very cool. All 3 have SUV versions (Bronco II/Pathfinder/4Runner). Upgrade parts could be axles/control arms from the D-Series trucks like owners do with the Nissan Frontier and Nissan Titan in addition to the standard items.

Early models could have solid front axles like earlier Hilux models did. Later models gaining independent front suspension. The drive-trains from the Hopper would be a perfect fit in my opinion.

I know Beam devs like to get two birds with one stone with their platforms, this would be a good candidate for that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Also if the devs do go down that route, they can make afour-door hatch and coop body as well
    this would be a vehicle suggestion which would go here https://www.beamng.com/threads/vehicle-suggestions-see-first-post.79/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

honestly i feel like no one is gonna get the next car right, considering there's a weird balance between funky cars and normal cars. a

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  13. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Honestly what if the pessima remaster brings a minivan based of the 96 Pessima it would make sence since they do like to bring cars based of each other now and there were some japanese minivans of that size if i remember right.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I guess just like with vehicle mods. just because it looks finished on the outside doesn't mean it's truly at a releasable state. a lot of what seems to take the most time is the stuff you don't see in photographs.

I guess we will find what vehicle remaster is next to be released around a month before the next update as it seems to be when the ramp up the teasers.

• Agree Agree x 9
  15. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

Imagine jbeaming Hilux's ball joints, so it's same durable as irl. But anyway I'm all for japanese/european utility vehicles or literally any EU car as there is a LOT missing. Modding japanese truck into dekotora would be fun.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the fact that there's a big lack of European vehicles...
    The Vivace filled a bit of this lack but I think that it needs to expend with a Wagon variant, a fastback Tograc, hybrids...
    Also we really need some utility vehicles, like a Renault Kangoo, Volkswagen Transporter, Citroën Jumper, and a Euro truck ! (From the smallest to the largest utility vehicle).
    And I also think that a 1990s Cherrier small hatchback like a Peugeot 206 would be something cool ! (With maybe 2 or 3 facelifts, a long lifespan in Europe like Peugeot did with the 206+ and huge lifespan in African countries like in Iran)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Hear me out for the next car...

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

7RMUlBu.png

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Like Like x 10
  19. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Thread should be left alone until there's real news, now go enjoy 0.23 ffs

• Agree Agree x 19
  20. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

AMD just posted publically their FidelityFX code. What could be the chance of it coming into BeamNG in 0.24 or 0.25?

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice