Does anybody think we could get a Florida or Alabama map in the game in 2 years or so? This is probably suggestion, though I'll try my best not to make it suggestion. It would be interesting, cause you could technically mix the maps together and it might even be bigger then Italy. It would have beaches and Southern redneck trailer areas we probably don't have in the game now. It would also have nice palm trees and it would be interesting to have two US states mixed together as an official BeamNG map. DISCLAIMER: Before anyone says it's pointless and not coming anytime soon. I'm aware of that.
when is the incest coming after the update? if it happens when is the incest coming after the update? if it happens
Florida/Alabama area would be extremely flat (highest point in Florida is literally just a small hill, no joke) and really wouldn't have any interesting driving roads as down there it's mostly just long and straight, and I doubt there'd be much benefit to adding the area. If the devs decided to do the Southeast, they'd probably do either Georgia or the Carolinas as those have a much wider range of environments to work with (mountains, forests, rolling hills, flat countryside, coastal areas, islands, etc) and as such would make more sense for a larger map anyways. Also, this is update speculation, not update suggestions.
What do you mean ? If you don't have any clue if the devs plan on adding it or not this is a suggestion, not a speculation. Althouhg this is a great one
I can assert to this, the highest point is literally ~320 feet above sea level. The most notable thing is really the swampy area here, which could make for a great offroad oriented map, but aside from that I doubt the devs are even focusing on a new map right now, most likely a map remaster.
Uh, It was a suggestion that I could avoid making into a suggestion. That's the absolute best explanation I can give. Oh, for some reason. I was thinking the devs were done with that. Oh yeah. They have the ETK map, cliff, and maybe another one I'm not thinking of. I'm not sure, honestly.
Besides the obvious incest jokes, this is an update speculation thread. ETK might get a remaster, actually! Cliff will probably get removed/deprecated if anything happens (which nothing has for the past eight years), the map's sole purpose is to have a cliff, not a luxurious beach. Might be able to use PBR. Honestly though, who here has actually used the Cliff map in the past month?
I know, but i think that this should be added as official content, 'cause it's awesome and GM is done 50/50 Ford Crown Vic / Mercury Grand Marquis
To put it blatantly: they don't make mods into official content, and the GM isn't just Crown Vic-based (its a blend of similar cars, and yes the Crown Victoria is an inspiration but its not the only one). Even if they did allow mods to be official content, Kueso and his team aren't in the dev team itself so that essentially seals the deal.
It's interesting that people go into game files to try and speculate. Here's this about that: MANY AAA titles have unused assets hidden in game files. A notorious culprit of this is Rockstar. Rockstar not only leaves unused assets in the game files, some if them are even loaded in when the world loads. Stop using unused files as speculation. It's silly at the best and downright inaccurate at the worst.
Not always, parts of the legran remaster were predicted with unused jbeams like the wagon, some of the gavril remasters had unused meshes iirc. TBH it's better speculation that whatever "speculation" (suggestions) we've been seeing on this thread
what you forget is that beamng's development system works differently to that of rockstar. short of the tow truck upfit, I'm not aware that there have ever been any truly unused assets in beamng's files. and even if something goes unused, why should that not be considered? if time and effort have been taken to plan out and make it in the first place, this means such a thing was in the general scope of the developer's plans.
Well I think perhaps this is something they might be working on. (arriving in the next major update) The expansion of WCUSA. (mentioned before somewhere in this thread) "graphical performance was unexpectedly good enough to expand the map, but we had a few setbacks. and of course none of that happened." and "This is a map of the level if all had gone according to planned" I think that it vary well could be this and maybe a minor set of additions. and the month delay could vary likely be those vary same setbacks.
as has been mentioned before, WCUSA already uses a 4096x4096 heightmap to get higher resolution terrain for the sharp elevation changes in the city. implementing 8192 heightmaps is a possibility, but I don't think it's "take an entire update cycle's worth of time" amount of work, it'd more just be a few programmers incrementally optimising it until it's stable. West coast also only recently got its light "revamp", with the highway tunnels and a few extra buildings. considering they've just put all this effort into redirecting border roads back into the map, I don't think they'll be pulling them all out and extending the highways to 4x4km any time soon.