while i agree with that, look at autonomous vehicles and how long it takes to develop an ai that can control a vehicle properly. tesla has gone a long way since it first started and its still got a very long way to go if we want it to start racing on tracks completely autonomous. while in 2013 at first i though to myself the devs can do this its easy and simple. well i was stupid and young. also didnt know as much as i do now haha xD but now that i think about it, im afraid that creating a very good racing ai for beamng will be the challenge of the decade, and if beamng manages to pull this off, there will be so many other companies researching this and how its done/made and all the goodie bits. but also, keep in mind, this is mostly personal opinion with observation over the years. if someone who works in the ai domain could pitch in a few words and officialize stuff it would be better.
Are we forgetting what we (or some people) already know about multiplayer...? I'm going to leave it at that, but my speculation is that we will get it eventually.
As I said before, it is coming, but not now, the game itself isn't polished enough, MP would make it even more hard on the devs, the mod does it as well as it can do so, and it isn't much, but it is an alternative for now, I really hope it isn't coming soon, but one day it will come
I agree, I should have been more clear. My message was more directed at those flat-out denying the possibility of multiplayer's addition.
I'm not speaking about racing AI (because BMG was not even designed as pure race game (and so many more popular titles there as race games)) but about regular car's AI. It's still very rudemintal. From initial vehicle speed at spawn to behavior at the lanes and no primary "brains" to TRY drive around. Its limitations very disappointment speaking of the game's nature.
I don't know what you're talking about. I was doing the Garage To Garage Delivery scenario the other day and the AI was perfectly imitating Italian drivers, blocking the left lane on the highway and cutting across to take an exit, pulling out of an intersection at the wrong time and getting T-boned, ignoring yield signs... all it needs is some AI randomly driving over the speed limit and overtaking, and it's basically perfect
Ok let's recap what has been teased so far. Sep 29, 2021: New car that looks to be a RWD Sedan of some sort. Oct 13, 2021: Pessima BTCC race car (most likely a part of a remaster) Oct 23, 2021: Refrigerator prop that looks to be from around the 1980's. Would be fun to smash into. Nov 3, 2021: Mystery Machine inspired H Series (a part of the H Series Remaster) So I'm hopeful for either an ingame screenshot of the new car, a major gameplay or graphical addition, or a map remaster/content update as the next teaser. Look to be close to a mid November release which would be in a fortnight or so. If there's anything i'm missing (with proof) please mention it to me.
The AI has improved a ton over the years. Keep in mind that at first it couldn't even make corners properly without crashing. It's slowly but surely going in the right direction.
I don't think anybody seems to understand that they said mid November "at the earliest", which means that's a very hopeful prediction. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath; I think the update will be an early-mid December release, maybe even a Christmas release if there's still more testing/bugfixes to be done