1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. C-:

C-:
    Expand Collapse

Well so, in my opinion it will come out Monday or Tuesdays. Then, we all agree together so the devs will be forced to agree too. Right?

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. depewm07

depewm07
    Expand Collapse

It would make sense to come out on Wednesday or Tuesday I'd say Wednesday more than Tuesday reason being devs could make a teaser on Tuesday than Wednesday release the update and have 3 days to fix bugs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

While we've got a bit of a lull in new information, let's speculate on the (long-term) possibility of Ibishu Hopper variants. Not necessarily in the next update, but in some unspecified future update.

I'm still holding out a bit of hope long-term for a Land Cruiser-style pickup truck, with a simply stamped utilitarian bed (not too dissimilar in design to a scaled-up version of what's on the Pigeon) mounted on an extended-wheelbase frame.

I think that's fairly likely in the long run, whenever dev attention swings back in the direction of the Hopper (although there seems to be a lot of work going on for other cars first), as the BeamNG team will probably be looking for ways to increase the number and variety of truck & light van vehicles in game.

What are your thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 12
  4. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Bet your favorite scenario is the "Barrel Knocker", huh? :p:p

• Like Like x 3
  5. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

One of the most likely additions would be a four door body style, which I'd be all for.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

A light Pick-Up Truck version of the Hopper would be really nice and fitting to the deeply utilitarian purpose of the car. I can easily imagine it with the 27in Mud Crawler Tires on the 15x6in 5-slot Wheels, the Off-Road/Heavy-Duty/Super Heavy-Duty Leaf Springs and Shocks, the 4.5 V8 and the Roof Lights on the Windshield Bar! :cool:
    And based on the same longer frame for the Pick-Up, a 5-door version would also be great for expanding the appeal of the Hopper even more towards families or larger companies of friends! ;)
    There could also be Inline-4 and Inline-6 Diesel options for farming purposes and for carrying the goods more economically!

#35546 McBeamer94, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. iva.rpm

iva.rpm
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see more content for the Hopper in the future! A pickup version, a 5-door version, fuel injected intakes, rear disc brakes, diesel engines, facelifted body parts...there are many things that can be done to the Ibishu Hopper. It's a vehicle with lots of potential.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. BIGTASTY97

BIGTASTY97
    Expand Collapse

It is actually my favorite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Personally I'm torn between wanting that style pick up or a Jeep scrambler style. It would be nice to see a "lifestyle" pickup since the Pigeon is already a utilitarian pickup. Why not both I guess?.. Speaking of which, I've seen extremely short wheel base Wrangler conversions with pickup beds for airport use. While an airport tug would be useless for official content, I'm sure there would be fun to be had with something like that.

A LWB 2 door would be great to see. I'm not really convinced a 4-door would be particularly attractive though... Pre-JK 4 door Wrangler conversions tend to be hideous; the older Jeep styling just didn't lend itself to that. Maybe if it gets more British/Japanese influence it could pull it off.

Of course I always love to see misc. accessories; the ommission of a sport roll bar really annoys me for example. More engines (factory and aftermarket) would be great; this is another one that really needs a diesel. An axle swap for a budget alternative to the super Hopper would be a dream come true, especially paired with floater tires. 4WS and a hurtz dig transfer case would be a unique addition to the super Hopper.

And of course a face lift. Not much to say here...

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I also want the flatbed option on the Pigeon.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Wulf

Wulf
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm talking about the Primera's specific BTCC version, but if the Primera was FWD from the factory then the likelihood of the touring car Pessima being RWD seems higher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gamerkecske07

gamerkecske07
    Expand Collapse

damn, you are right, the btcc version was actually rwd

13. IonicOwl

IonicOwl
    Expand Collapse

Some conflicting information here.
    https://www.supercars.net/blog/1992-nissan-primera-btcc/ suggests that the car was RWD
    https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/396/Nissan-Primera-GT-BTCC.html suggests it was FWD
    https://www.g20.net/threads/btcc-primera-99-specs-i-found.3111/ suggests FWD

Given that the base car is FWD, and no RWD floorpan was available, except for the AWD versions... Japan only naturally, I think that whichever source is mentioning RWD is mistaken.

I used to own two Primeras and was involved in a couple of owners clubs, no mention of a RWD Primera ever existing, touring car guise or otherwise.

14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Idk what drivetrain the real car was, but I wonder what the game equivalent will be. It would be kinda cool if it was RWD but I'm not sure if it will.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. IonicOwl

IonicOwl
    Expand Collapse

Nah Fast Wheel Drive is the best wheel drive.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

The logic of open differentials lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

All heil torque steer!

• Like Like x 3
  18. alex1dp

alex1dp
    Expand Collapse

The BTCC Primeras were FWD. The only RWD Super Toring cars were BMWs

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. C-:

C-:
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this is actually true. That site stating that it's RWD is the only one i could find stating that. So it's FWD.

Now imagine the devs took the drivetrain info from that site and the BTCC variant is RWD. Would be SO funny!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it will be RWD because RWD with a transversely front-mounted engine makes the rear end very light and prone to oversteer, with the ESC trying to cut power all the time but ending up cutting speed instead. Plus such a drivetrain, although very fun to drive, is also very dangerous on public roads due to its behavioral waywardness.
    Serious race cars prioritize performance over fun for the sake of fun, so I think such a configuration can only be useful for FWD cars entering drift competitions.
    Also, you need a very aggressive aero kit to hold the tail glued to the road and even this wouldn't be enough to make it fast.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice