1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. rude rat

rude rat
    Expand Collapse

they said it will be before christmas

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. VICFERNANDZ

VICFERNANDZ
    Expand Collapse

Well we already have all sorts of sedans since they are and were one of the most popular body styles in history. A Roamer is a very specific representation of an SUV, as you said, full-size which doesn´t have much to do with what most SUVs are nowadays nor with the most popular ones. I don´t think that you guys (unless you´re American) see that many Suburban/Tahoe-like cars everyday. Rather Tiguan(euro-spec)/ RAV4 / X3 etc...

And yeah, we do have the Tograc but that´s a compact crossover directly based on the Vivace. That´s not what I´m talking about. We also have the Legran/ Grand Marshal which are close in time and both sedans but with very different focuses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Could be. But it seems a bit weird given the fact that we also have Sport Intake choices for the Inline-4s (although they don't have the "2200" and "2500" written on them, they just say "POWER F.I.", which is correct, these displacements are nothing to brag about :p).

4. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

Beater config should be called bastion remnants

• Like Like x 10
  5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That's like saying we already have the Autobello and the Covet so we don't need the Vivace. The 1990's fullsized truck BoF Gavril's and 2020's hatchback-based Tograc still leaves most SUV niches open. For example, modern Euro unibody midsized SUV would be a very unique addition to the game. Like the Bastion, modern SUV's are highly requested, would fill important empty niches, and counterparts are incredibly popular IRL. Plus I really want to see a massive SUV in game that's faster on a track than half our current roster...

IRL the export versions of the LX did get a diesel. Unless we get a Euro spec (which is unprecedented) we won't see a diesel, but the idea of the platform getting one isn't completely unrealistic. Seeing a low/mid spec based on these export versions isn't out of the question, though certainly less than likely.

There are a lot of cars in game that IRL justification for a diesel, regardless of market variations. The LeGran, both Pessimas, the Sunburst, Hopper, Covet, and I-Series.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

slightly off-topic, but I find the “Bastion” jokes amusing. we’ve had Widowmaker for a suggestion of a top of the line model that probably has a dangerously high amount of horsepower, beater config called bastion remnants, both a reference to Overwatch and Minecraft, respectively.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I'll be interested to see what they do as far as game balance goes if they do add AWD. the "muscle car" levels of power, coupled with a tight, refined, modern chassis, akin only to the vivace could make for quite an overpowered car.
    once career mode comes around, they may need to... nerf Bastion.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
  8. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion they'll either nerf it, or make the over powered variants rare (limited) / expensive for career mode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05
    Expand Collapse

speaking of the career mode how long do you all reckon we have left in development until then

10. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

since when were diesels unpopular in the late 90s and early 00s
    markets outside of the states exist, y'know...

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

*most american pickups and buses, and trucks are diesel*
    *forum user* : deezols not popular in us.

• Agree Agree x 10
  12. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Tbh, I don't understand these jokes. I don't even know whether they're jokes or not. Moreover, making references to games like Minecraft or Fortnite isn't exactly the best thing to do in BeamNG. We all know the kind of client who plays these games: stupid 10yos. And I don't think we want them to migrate here altogether.
    The 'Widowmaker' name is amazing, though! :cool:
    --- Post updated ---
    He probably means that Cummins, Powerstroke and Duramax make for a fraction of total truck sales.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. jordanpuma

jordanpuma
    Expand Collapse

Diesels are extremely popular in the US with, as the reason for their existence implies, economy-focused drivers. The VW emissions scandal, as well as restrictions such as DPF and DEF do make them a lot more expensive, as well as scaring off the average person, but a savvy consumer is a savvy consumer, and diesels have always had their niche in the US and North American market. Folks wouldn't Cummins-swap old land yachts if they didn't have any merit. (that's a joke example but my point still stands)

While a stock diesel Bastion might not make much sense using the current real-world restrictions, it makes a lot of sense for a Euro-spec version (like the real-world Lancia Thema), as others have pointed out. But, it also makes sense for a lower-trim North American version, in a world where automakers don't need to meet strict emissions regulations that specifically target diesel engines.

It would also serve as a competitor to other diesels like the Cherrier (but then we get into the discussion of whether or not the Vivace/Tograc would be sold in the States and Canada, considering Mexico gets all the wacky French cars and we get nothing)

Personally, the more powerplants the better. Give us an Ecoboost analogue, a hybrid muscle car, a tuneable diesel that goes from sensible putter to 30+psi screamer, hell, even a full EV for me to never use.

I don't know where you're getting that idea from. Hybrids still vastly outsell pure EVs by a wide margin. Toyota, Kia, Ford, and GM are all hybridizing their lineup, with Stellantis, Honda, Audi/VW, BMW, and Jaguar/Land Rover all offering hybrids on a range of models. That kinda covers the majority of automakers you see on the road.

https://www.caa.ca/sustainability/electric-vehicles/electric-vehicles-available-in-canada/

The general public is a lot more accepting of a car that still takes fuel, especially since their range rivals that of diesel-powered passenger vehicles, compared to EVs, which just don't have the range yet. EVs are in the perfect spot for the urban commuter right now, unfortunately, that isn't a one-size-fits-all solution right now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

But the front splitter feels way too aggressive to be a factory road version, that's why I think it's a track config

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_2021-12-10-18-39-46-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    • Screenshot_2021-12-10-18-38-54-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 13
  15. B3ARD3DRAG)N

B3ARD3DRAG)N
    Expand Collapse

I am so hyped for the group B(olide), reminds me of wbimp's rally bolide.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of the bolide, any content predictions?

17. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I don't predict there's any more content than we've seen, in fact they probably just started working on it again

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't make sense to have three V8s with different displacement, so they definitely should replace the 3.2 V8 with a V6, which would also make sense lore-wise since Ferrari did have the Dino V6

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

it makes perfect sense

just bored out versions of same motor

LS engine is in 5.3, 6.2, and 6.6 displacements in current silverado

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. VerrierChivace

VerrierChivace
    Expand Collapse

I think they will probably add turbocharging at least to low-end models. (with small V8)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice