1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I hope to see in next update remaster of GM or Covet or ETK I-Series

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I really like the conceptual idea of that and the quirks of driving something like this.

I still think that the new supercar should have

• V10 engine
    • V12 engine
    • W16 engine (in the insane config like the Battlehawk/Redtail of the Bastion.

V12 engine have been considered the pinnacle of ICE powered cars for the longest time and it feels odd, that no official car or config to date has one.

BeamNG... needs a V12 powered car and a sports car fits perfectly. Possible we could see another V12 in the high end luxury segment, too.

W16 like in the Bugattis would imho only fit a super sports car while a V10 could be an option for the Bollide and mabye some premium vehicles from ETK or Hirochi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

My bet is twin turbo v12 hybrid with a full electric variant. The base model would be the most raw, with a n/a, unassisted v12. i would like to see a v10 in the game, but that doesnt fit this car. if we were to get one, it'd be on either a little brother to this or the i series.

also, did anyone notice the car says civetta on the back so its confirmed to be a civetta? my naming bets are civetta volapresso (which translates to fly by) or civetta velocitia
    upload_2022-1-18_17-28-5.png

EDIT: people noticed it said civetta

Attached Files:

• unnamed.png
    #38603 SNFriedM14, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

A V10 could also be an option for trucks like the Gavril D and H-Series. I was surprised when the H-Series remaster came out but didn't include a V10. Maybe that's going to be future content if they ever add a few missing variants such as bus and motorhome upfits.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if anyone congratulated you yet, but this was freaking amazing :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

you called it
    holy shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DoritoPowahhhh

DoritoPowahhhh
    Expand Collapse

im guessing its not gonna be a 2022-23 Bolide, its gonna use a different name

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

This is exactly why I doubt this has a V10

As much as I want a small/medium displacement V10 in game, I think this new car is the best chance to get a V12 while we'll have plenty more chances to see a V10. With the exception of some Euro/Asian ultra-luxury cars and the GM twin-six, V12s aren't seen in anything outside of this niche, whereas V10's can be found in a lot of stuff we either already have or ought to see in game (2000's American trucks, American supercar-killers, and semi-volume Euro cars like the Touareg and a few Audi/BMW cars)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. alex1dp

alex1dp
    Expand Collapse

Given the fact that Beam is getting closer to a proper driving/racing simulator and we're seeing more racing oriented vehicles (and soon™ a modern supercar), I think a track toy wouldn't be unreasonable in a not so distant update. Something along the lines of a KTM X-Bow, Ariel Atom, or Lotus 2-Eleven, a lightweight, nimble car that would benefit from the recent improvements in driving dynamics and demonstrate them very clearly. It could then spawn a number of racing versions, like GT4/GT3/GT2, R-GT, its own single make series, and maybe even more extreme stuff like all-out time attack or hillclimb versions, a Pikes Peak special or an off-road buggy.

I'll expand a bit on the rally and European circuit racing.

Group 2 cars were used in the sixties in a number of touring car championships, such as the European Touring Car Challenge. The Miramar, Bluebuck, Barstow and Moonhawk would be very well suited for a Group 2 version, with various real life inspirations (Lotus Cortinas, BMW 2002s, Ford Fairlanes, Falcons, "Lightweight" Galaxies, Mustangs...)

They were also used in rallying, and the Miramar would be great here as well. There was also a Ford Falcon that won its class at the '64 Monte Carlo Rally, so I guess a rally Bluebuck isn't impossible?
    The Barstow and Moonhwak wouldn't make much sense in rally guise, by the time they were in production Group 4s were dominating the rally scene.

Group 1 was the lower class, allowing very few modifications, and was quite popular in rallying. It has the advantage of needing nearly no special parts, as the cars would be very close to stock.

No cars at the moment are probably eligible for Groups 3 and 4 apart from the Bolide, as the Barstow and Moonhawk would most certainly have been produced in high enoughnumbers to be homologated in Group 1/2.

We already have a Group 5 Bolide (which doesn't really make a lot of sense if produced from 1984 to 1988 as there was no series where to use them anymore, but would make sense in 1981), but there could also be a Group 5 Moonhawk.
    Group 5 was a class for silhouette cars, so only the engine and the shape of the car would stay, all the bodywork could be fiberglass, the chassis would be a bespoke spaceframe with all-independent suspension and the weight could be reduced to the minimum limit imposed by the rules.

A car had to have been previously homologated in one of Groups 1/2/3/4 to be eligible for Group 5 homologation.

The Pigeon's and Wigeon's 4-wheel variants could be homologated as well...

Group A was the successor to Group 2 and Group N to Group 1. They started in 1982, and, like their predecessors, were used in both circuit races and rallies.
    The I-Series, Covet and Mk I Pessima are eligible for homologation in both Groups.

The I-Series could get a Group A-era DTM config and a WRC Group A one. Both would greatly benefit from at least an evolution version, as DTM started in 1984 with FIA Group A rules and modified them over time until 1993, when they moved to Class 1 regulations; Group A rally cars, too, became the WRC top class in 1987 and evolved a lot in the I-Series lifespan.

Same goes for the Mk I Pessima, although evolutions would not be as important as for the I-Series. Its circuit racing version would probably be FIA Group A-spec, as no Japanese manufacturers entered DTM at the time.

The Covet (as it stands now) would be restricted to FWD, which was the case for many contemporary cars of its size, so not much to say here.

Group B was the top class of the WRC from 1982 to 1986, and it spawned the craziest cars in rallying history to actually compete.

The Bolide could have been homologated for Group B, especially as the Lancia Rally, the car from which it "borrows" its rear spoiler and bumper (or lack thereof), was custom built for Group B.

The I-Series was around as well at the time, and even being reminiscent of an Audi quattro, it's from 1985. Peugeot 205s were establishing their dominance at the time, not being hampered by a production based chassis and drivetrain and messed up weight distribution. If a Group B I-Series comes, I hope for it to be mid-engine with a spaceframe chassis, like the mid-engine Sport quattro that never was.

The Sunburst is in desperate need of a proper WRC version.

Rally2 and Rally3 are lower classes of rally cars, it would be nice to have Vivace configs for them as starting from a full blown WRC car is quite difficult.

Not much more to say about this. Only thing would be to add tarmac setups to more cars.

The K-Series and SBR would both make for great contenders in GT3 and GT4 form.

The K-Series will probably get the bigger engine it was promised years ago, be it a V8, V10 or V12, and that's the most likely engine to power a racing version.
    The SBR instead would probably keep its flat-4 in turbocharged form.
    The two cars would be as different as possible, from the drivetrain all the way to the suspension. They would make for a great representation of the GT Group.

The new supercar could also get a GT3 versions, and (unlikely) a GT4 as well. It would complete the trio of front, mid and rear engine.

All the cars homologated for GT4 would be reasonably easy to convert to R-GT spec for rallies. The Cayman GT4 isn't even the most ridiculous car there, there's even an Aston Martin Vantage V8 that was converted by a Finnish team. That thing is huge, and it seems even bigger on snow tires, so neither the SBR nor the K-Series are unrealistic.

GTE is also an option for all of them, but I think GT3s would be more than enough.

The Bastion, instead, is a 4-door car, so it's not eligible for GT homologation, while a coupe version would be, if we ever get one. It may be eligible for V8 Supercars in its current form, though, but I'm not too sure about that.

Rallycross has a long history, filled with lots of strange stuff, such as homebuilt AWD systems in the early 80s, modified Group B cars after their ban from rallying up until the early 90s, and then modified rally cars until about 2010, when SuperCars were introduced as the top class.
    Most non-American cars could be made to fit this type of racing, from a SuperCar Vivace to a garage-built AWD 200BX.

Top class Time Attack cars are usually either AWD sedans or RWD sports cars.
    The Sunburst and 200BX are the most likely candidates, but, like in Rallycross, most cars can be modified for Time Attack duty.

Anything goes here, from lightly modified cars to custom built monsters. Even the T-Series could become a Pikes Peak contender.
    A Piccolina with a high revving motorcycle engine would be cool, and Fiat 500s/126s with bike engine are a common sight in European hillclimbs.

Something more modern with lots of aero and power would be good too, even something from the late 80s/early 90s, as they are another common sight in Europe.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  10. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, a LeMans LMP-1 Prototype is another niche to be filled in BeamNG! Didn't think about that! :cool:
    Preferably with the introduction of a new aeronautical company, called "Assault"! Hehe! :p
    --- Post updated ---
    Don't forget the F1 cars, the LeMans Group C Prototypes of the early 90s and the European Supercars! You just can't mention the V10 without mentioning these as well! :cool:
    --- Post updated ---
    The only thing I want for the Vivace Rally Twins is a Rally ECU with a high idle, because real-life 1.6 380hp turbo engines for WRC idle at around 2000rpm.

11. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

That wing is absolutely attrocious. Looks like such an afterthought.
    Almost as bad as the Toyota Camry TRD wing...

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the design.

• Agree Agree x 8
  12. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

You dirty little... ;):p
    This makes a ton of sense, since a new Civetta model is coming. It's also making a ton of sense because the SBR4 is already a very fast car and, with the fast car crowdedness coming, the Bolide file needed some differentiation and giving the Bolide model name to this file achieves just that. It's now the "bolide" file, the "sbr" file and the "nameremainstobeseen" file! ;):p
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree but not because it looks like a Toyota Camry wing but because it's too simple of a design. The Camry wing you picture has an interesting design, going up and down, and the side winglets have a sleek low profile. The wing of the new car just looks large and monotonous. Also, the towers supporting it get in the way of the horizontal upper rear quarter air outlets, which may be bad for aerodynamics.
    Moreover, I believe an active rear wing can also appear too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

Another supercar yayyyyy

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. TheSomething

TheSomething
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Would be good if this car have V12, we didn't had that engine
    --- Post updated ---
    A bit of my opinion: The best automaker comeback ever!!!!!!!
    --- Post updated ---
    Also yeah V10 is good option for D Series since it.... uhmmmmmmm....... Repeats Ford F Series, Chevy C/K, Dodge RAM (mostly Chevy).

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Cool it, all we've seen is concept art. Game devs show off concept art for stuff that doesn't make it into the game all the time. The unfortunate truth is that it's probably just a design study

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

O_O

17. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Someone has to get expectations under control, otherwise people will get very mad when that's what it ends up being, devs will get abuse lobbed at them and they may not feel inclined to show us more. I remember at one point someone mentioned that modern supercars were specifically not planned due to technical limitations (map size, tire and aero models breaking down at high speed). Either way, it's always nice to see what the devs are thinking even if it isn't destined for the game!

#38617 vmlinuz, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

this is potentially valid
    i'm not sure if this is the person you're mentioning but at one point I think it was leeloo that (in the interview prior to 0.24.1) stated that when people suggest supercars they kinda just can't due to technical limitations
    however, I don't really know how the issues you listed could even get in
    there's so much wacky shit in the game modded or unmodded, so I don't really get issues like that really existing for the dev team
    although I'm probably low on the "knows what they're talking about" scale

19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I doubt they would tease the community with an image of something, with no intentions of delivering on it.
    people are still mad after 10 years about the civetta fulmine not existing, and that was nothing more than a name and short verbal description.

I'd guess they've shown off a design now to get people to make suggestions about the aesthetics in an early stage.
    so everyone, complain about the design while you still can.

• Agree Agree x 16
  20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually even lower on the scale of knowing what they're talking about. On Twitter, the official BeamNG account responded to "wen relez" with "When it's ready," so I guess it is actually being worked on? I wonder what kind of technical changes, if any, have to be made to make it work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice