1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. alex1dp

alex1dp
    Expand Collapse

The Group 5 Bolide was made from 1984 to 1988 too, when Group 5 didn't exist anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Reece Coates

Reece Coates
    Expand Collapse

I will say you've got to remember BeamNG isn't real life, it's probably got a fictional timeline.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, it would be better to have :

• 3-doors Hatchback (Like the one we have now)
    • 5-doors Hatchback (Just 2 doors more)

I took a Peugeot 205 for example because we can see the difference easily
    • 2-doors coupĂ© (similar to a Honda CRX)
    • 4-doors sedan

• Shuttle stuff

I don't really think that it would make sense to have a Shuttle looking thing, AND a Vista one ; I mean, it's a bit redondant...

• The teaser seems to show about an high-performance variant, like the ones from the Group B homologation, and I think that we can allow ourselves to imagine this as a specific variant, not just a widebody

• I also remember of a ute/pick-up mod for the Covet, and I'm just thinking about the fact that it would be cool to have this really small niche filled in the game :rolleyes:
    • We could imagine some kind of facelifts too, here are some notsogood drawings I made back then on my big ideas thread :

• Btw, here is what I suggested about the engines / facelifts there :
    upload_2022-2-2_18-54-22.png
    (* New old Ibishu logo that was on the Widgeon/Pigeon, changed on the other facelifts)

On another hand, I was a bit disappointed about the mk2 Pessima remaster, because even if everything that was made was greatly done, there are still some lacks that could have been filled easily ! I mean, just a wagon, or a fastback and a non USDM version (and I'm not speaking about an hypothetical facelift, because if I remember correctly, it happened that japanese cars of those times didn't even have one)(and I forget Diesel !!) !

And what's the point with the Covet ? Well, I think that, like the Pessima, it has a great (or even greater) potential, but it isn't impossible to not see as many new variants as we can expect :p

• Like Like x 10
  4. Truker27

Truker27
    Expand Collapse

Yes I know that it's not real life and i'm agree with you that it will probably got a fictional timeline.But the Covet is litterally a Civic of the exact same production year

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

The 5-door Japanese Hatchback is a good concept but it wasn't really commonly used amongst the Japanese car companies back in the 80s and 90s. I only know of Toyota and Mitsubishi using it somewhat back then (in their Corollas and Colts respectively) and even they didn't bring these cars to Europe. With the only exception being the 1982 Mitsubishi Colt 5-door, we only saw Japanese 3-door Hatchbacks here until 2000, when the 7th gen Civic (EP) came out!
    The 5-door Hatchback idea is better connected with the European car makers, hence why you posted a picture of a 5-door Peugeot 205.

The CR-X is exactly the car I have in mind for the 2-door Coupe bodystyle, so I agree with you on this one.

The 4-door Compact Sedan can fit in the Covet lineup perfectly, so I agree with you on this one too.

I believe there's room for both the 'Shuttle' and the 'Vista'. Since there's no normal 5-door real-life Covet equivalent, the 'Shuttle' can take this place and offer more headroom and more ease of ingress/egress than the 3-door Hatchback Covet.
    The 'Vista', being the largest of all the aforementioned offerings, can satisfy those who want 7 seats. The 'Shuttle' isn't large enough to be able to fit 7 and the 'Vista' isn't large enough to be entering the Midsize Minivan fields either!

;-)

6. WhatNot98

WhatNot98
    Expand Collapse

i always thought of the covet as a Suzuki Swift lookalike

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Truker27

Truker27
    Expand Collapse

Maybe there is some inspiration from there too

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

You know, looking back at that original trailer back from the beginnings of BeamNG makes me wonder.

Has the Road Sign prop ever been updated? I would have thought by now that it would at least have had a texture overhaul or the option to include diamond-shaped caution signs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

ye the covet loocks closest to the swift ye

10. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

If this is the Covet remastering coming on the way, I want to mention some details in need of fixing.

1) The paint design of the ZXi orange factory graphics and piping needs to be independent of the body colour. It's only visible as long as the body colour is white. When you change the colour of the body, these graphics disappear. They need to be independent and colourable.
    2) Continuing with the paint designs, the "Old Paint" needs to be independent of any other paint design. Let's say someone found a rusted out ZXi Special Edition or a GTz Special Edition or a Race car. It just can't be done. And this is a problem to all BeamNG cars having an Old Paint option.
    3) The Ibishu Blades wheel shown in the picture seems to be having a Two-Tone variant with black inserts around the triangular holes. This variant isn't available in the game, we only have the Silver and White variants. Please include this variant in the update, it looks very nice. :)

Attached Files:

• 9xbv4ok3aa081.png
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Where did you find this picture?

12. Reece Coates

Reece Coates
    Expand Collapse

13. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  14. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

To be fair, there's nothing to say that A. Group B even exists in BeamNG, and B. that, if it did, it existed for the same years as in real life.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

i mean, the rally bolide is called the group 4 in the trailer, which is a real rally class under group B, so it would make sense.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Well, as I did for the bastion, I figured I'd give my predictions for the new variants of the covet. current ones are still there, just through the usual updates.
    facelift variants last from 1992 - 1995, LXi and ZXi get an AWD option unless otherwise specified. new variant called the HX, like the pessima HX, available for everything unless otherwise specified

• 5-door hatch - all factory variants aside from GTz and GTR, no special editions, auto and manual, facelift, no awd
    • 4 door sedan - same as previous
    • Covet SportCoupe - like a CRX - Available as a HX, LXi, ZXi, GTz, and GTR, manual only, special edition only for the GTR, facelift
    • Covet SportCross - like a CRV - 5 door hatch with a lift, standard awd and a minor more rugged redesign, available as everything aside from the GTz, GTR and HX, only special edition is the Baja special with locking differentials, a major lift and a bunch of other offroad goodies. aftermarket off roader as well.
    • Covet SportMover - Extended 5-door hatch with 7 seats. all factory variants, awd standard on ZXi and GTz as well as a street tuned and drift variant
    • Covet GTR - GTz, but with a bit more power and AWD
    • Covet GTR MEHS - Mid-Engine Homologation Special. A Covet in name only, featuring a heavily modified chassis, mid mounted single turbo inline six that made too much power (a detuned version went on to power some of ibishus legendary tuner cars.) AWD, and all the typical Group B goodies, aside from the absurd aero and stripped down interior. Never marketed or advertised, you could only get one if ibishu came to you. 400 made
    • Covet GTRX - full on group b car. it's very mad at you for living and doesn't want you to, unless you can tame it, that is. once that is done, it is capable of ridiculous amounts of speed and control.
    • Rally - the current rally variant we have will become a budget, home built rally car.

Any suggestions, complaints, or anything else to say about this? let me know.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. alex1dp

alex1dp
    Expand Collapse

It could simply become a Group A car, which would be very similar to what we have now.
    It could also get a Group A touring car variant, like the EF Civic.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Here is a OLD covet sedan MOD. while it no longer works ( i dont think it does ) and the J-beam wasnt ideal. It Gave me a taste of what a Covet sedan will look like.

And am in love. Those small sedans where common place here in Australia in the day. As well as our Big Ford/Holdens.

( The Photos are not mine )

Here is what is on my wish list.
    1 AWD. I mean how cool will it be to Covert a Covet sedan to AWD or even RWD :)
    2 Sedan as you can tell.

Lots of improvements Over all and new goodies.

As for the new super car. if update is Coming late march. ( Or around there ) i dont see the new super car comeing. I think maybe 2 remasters. Then next update after that will be the new car and one remaster.

But i cant wait to have a DX Covet. SEDAN carby. Old paint. Just like the Shitboxes you saw Young teens in As There first car. When i was a kid. Hell my first car in 2014 Was a 2000 Ford laser. Then i had ford falcons. Now i have a W211 And W203 lol. .

Attached Files:

• .png
    • .jpeg
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

The devs: *picture of fender*
    Us: OH MY GOSH IT'S A COVET FENDER FOR GROUP B TO GO WITH A MASSIVE COVET REMASTER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
    1. 2-DOOR COUPE
    2. 3-DOOR HATCH
    3. 4-DOOR SEDAN
    4. 5-DOOR HATCH/SHUTTLE
    5. 5-DOOR WAGON/VISTA
    6. GROUP B (WITH AWD)
    7. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The devs: (what have we done?) "uhhh, guys, we're gonna be releasing this update a little late..."
    :D

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Well, at least we have a little bit of evidence a covet remaster is coming. Besides, this is ACTUAL SPECULATION, better that than just "uPdAtE tOmOrRoW."

• Agree Agree x 13
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice