1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Car8john

    Car8john
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 12, 2016
    Messages:
    6,392
    They have been working on continually updating and supporting BeamNG for well over a decade, hell, some of these people working there have been working with JBeam structures and models since before my 12yo niece was born! If they are working in silence, it means they have an incredible surprise for us, I fully 100% trust it and will happily wait with no further updates until then if need be
     
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. crashmaster

    crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,949
    yesss so many times.

    the oldest car in beamng right now is the Burnside Special 1953-1954
    would love some pre 1940's era vehicles with the alternative tank sedans of the 40's
    im loving the new content the game added recently, but there is a lot of "newer" cars. 2010+ era type stuff.
    there is nothing older then 1950's
    yeah sure its nice having the vivace with all the sensors and what not, but old junk is more fun. we need a model t or something similar in beamng.
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  3. Jack The Ripper 2

    Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2017
    Messages:
    337
    I think the uncertainty of the update schedule is actually a little deprimental to the game, mod developers don't give their 100% when the update is supposed to be near, as it can break all sorts of things (I think one of the exceptions for this is the KLJP pack, as they released it knowing the covet part of the mod might suffer). The creation kinda stalls and only minor mods get made, some engine swaps, skins, some maps (maps are getting harder as well because of PBR), this is what I think is detrimental.

    I agree we should know to some sort on what the devs are working on, the past update it was justified as they were implementing some new debuging processes to make less hotfixes, but we still knew what was coming, for this update we are on the edge of the 6 month schedule (I think they should be clear if 6 months will be the new schedule or if it might get back to 3 months one day, as I understand each update gets harder and harder to work on) and as far as we know the Covet remaster is the only thing confirmed.
     
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  4. H4ckerxx44

    H4ckerxx44
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2015
    Messages:
    95
    That might just be cause of the nature of the game. Obviously BeamNG.drive is not as appealing as something like Fortnite, an FPS or games like this. Niche games do in general have a smaller playerbase but this playerbase is pretty consistent.
    If we really wanna look at the whole graph, I think if you draw a line of best fit, this line would still be climbing, the game has no real goal so I am not surprised this is not for everyone, especially when I look at what people have become, lol.
    Though, I believe this dicussion is not in the right place here.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,874
    Plus this makes the updates more condensed in content and the impression effect is more intense when each update drops! Just like BeamNG has been doing for years! ;)
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. buddy boyo

    buddy boyo
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    39
    dont forget that since they have now deprecated the 32-bit support, this may mean that the workflow is more optimized and efficient for future updates
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. SNFriedM14

    SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2021
    Messages:
    700
    and, it's still in early access and doesn't necessarily have a purpose just yet. Some would argue it's purpose is crashing cars, some would say it's simulation driving, but once it has a defined purpose like racing or career, then I can see it becoming more popular.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brother_Dave

    Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,777
    Whats said about steamdb qa_latest, is it nothing at all or is that the one said to be updated more frequently when a update is getting closer (possibly due to bugfixes)? It had an about 35ish hours ago and now 9 hours ago. I doubt the update will come this week so not trying to stir up the hype, just curious about it.
     
  9. D A R K

    D A R K
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2022
    Messages:
    179
    There is no hype, one of the devs last week told us to hold up with hype (our horses ;) ). For me next week will be another teaser because everyone know that last update had teasers where time difference between them was 2 weeks. It's not the first time. Also we don't have anything to hype. Covet is exciting but how many weeks u can live by hyping on front from abowe, half of back and early sketches ? If they post anything new regarding game, new car or some remakes then we can hype again
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,185
    As far as i remember I think they wanted to go back to 3 months. But i may be wrong. Seeing its over 6 months. Or 5 if you count the late Dec content update.


    BUT even the last update had the Creator Program done at this stage.


    I think something bad must of happen And/or the super car is being a super pain to make.


    And/OR maybe they doing another remaster ( hoping for moonhawk remaster )
     
    • Like Like x 1
  11. locualo

    locualo
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2021
    Messages:
    545
    i think they want to make the update 0.25 very relevant
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. Yash_gamin144

    Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2021
    Messages:
    1,956
    I might sound like a idiot but, What is steamdb?
     
  13. Matt_890s

    Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2021
    Messages:
    694
    In that case, we're both idiots :D
     
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Sparks4

    Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    Messages:
    360
  15. Matt_890s

    Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2021
    Messages:
    694
    Ah, I see. Thanks.
     
  16. Yash_gamin144

    Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2021
    Messages:
    1,956
  17. Turbo49>

    Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2021
    Messages:
    3,279
    It shows things such as active and historical player count and obviously branches updates, including dev branches.
     
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,667
    Or maybe just no creator program for this update because it would only slow down the development and they don't need feedback this time?
     
    • Agree Agree x 12
  19. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,185
    I sure hope so. :) I mean I think the Poor dev Team are working so hard more then normal
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  20. DOUGL4S1

    DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2016
    Messages:
    427
    Judging by the announcement that 32-bit systems aren't supported anymore, I think the devs spent a very long time trying to optimise some new feature or update for those systems, only to realize it was impossible and give up. It happens and hopefully that means an easier time for the devs in the future.
     
    • Agree Agree x 12
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice