1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Shuddair

Shuddair
    Expand Collapse

That’s what I thought initially, although I’m not sure how likely it is. I guess it could really be anything though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I didn't think it was likely either but I couldn't think of anything else

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

may be anything. From operable doors and hood As Game Content ( not mods )

Or it may be something like as said a bomb. OR anything. Very cool stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. VerrierChivace

VerrierChivace
    Expand Collapse

My prediction: The "pyrotechnic charge" means the game can automatically set off an explosive if you crash, killing the player irl ,and thus making the game more realistic. :p

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Alzer07

Alzer07
    Expand Collapse

My speculation is excessive on purpose x)
    (I don’t genuinely believe it, tho it would be great fun)

The code looks like it's related to a modern car, so most likely the upcoming Civetta.
    Realistically the others are probably right, I've never heard of this mechanism but it sounds interesting :)

#42225 Alzer07, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

The "sensors" part of the code leads me to speculate the devs are taking what they learned from BeamNG.tech and implementing realistic car sensor simulation into the game, so we can have things like realistic self-driving cars, automatic braking, lane assistance and adaptive cruise control. The reason why this update is taking so long might be because they had to re-write parts of the base code so that can work properly, but who knows, maybe they'll also be using that to make better AI. This could also explain why they won't support 32-bit systems, the game having to handle all of that probably got too much for them to handle.

Edit: Just noticed the two-step launch control part of the code, so that's going to be fun!

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Also, since Angelo is now part of the dev teamand he worked on a ADS mod, he could have helped with it, even though he said the mod won't be incorpored in the game since it's not up to their quality standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CHUCK NORRIS 2

CHUCK NORRIS 2
    Expand Collapse

Could be a stretch but pyro charge were used on the Mercedes SLS to blow up the hinges of the gullwings doors in case the car rolled over. It was done to prevent any occupant being trap in the car because they wouldnt be able to open the door while the car was inverted.
    Maybe the new Civetta has gullwings door or similar and the devs wants to implement the "blow off the hinges in case of a rollover" feature ?

• Agree Agree x 10
  9. Mad_Makaron

Mad_Makaron
    Expand Collapse

Pyro charge? Airbags?

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. FenderBenderTV

FenderBenderTV
    Expand Collapse

Hybrid system is my guess

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

On the topic of doors, I don't think we'll get gullwing doors because there is a convertible model, but I was looking at the car's frame teaser and noticed a cut going deep forwards into the front fenders
    upload_2022-5-25_10-57-49.png
    This reminds me of how McLaren's Butterfly doors operate. Notice that the door mechanism itself is above the front tires. Also notice that there is a hole about halfway up the wheel well, which is probably where a gas spring/damper will be.
    upload_2022-5-25_10-59-48.png

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
  12. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Oh this would be interesting. Not sure if the chassis pictures support the idea of gullwing, but maybe another form of supercar door? Tbh I just really want some fun doors

I got caught lacking. But this is what i was thinking

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ponas_litas

ponas_litas
    Expand Collapse

Maybe that "pyrotechnicCharge" is something similar to rocket thrusters that Tesla Roadster has. It's even placed under "twoStepLaunch" line

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. CHUCK NORRIS 2

CHUCK NORRIS 2
    Expand Collapse

By similar i meant butterfly, elytra or other types of door that may be stuck in place when the car is on its roof.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

The BeamNG.tech is far from hidden / secret: https://beamng.tech
    And no, we do not want to leave anyone in the dark about anything :)
    We are having just so much work.

Pedestrians is something we worked on and off for some years but we are not happy with the end results and did not pursue it further.
    We have so many plans for the game and pedestrians is certainly on our roadmap at some point in the distant future if time allows us.

I'll try to answer any questions that are asked by quoting this post :)

• Like Like x 52
  16. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

Will this mean, there'll possibly be NPC pedestrians in some of the maps during career mode or no?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

The pedestrians are really complex: where do they walk? How to do the route planning for them? How to prevent them walking where they should not?
    We are looking into various technologies for years, but its a lot to get working.
    Career mode does currently not involve NPC characters / pedestrians. If we can and have time to add them, it would be to make the city more alive.

• Like Like x 26
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

When updat? :confused:

Just kidding.
    Pedestrians means people, so are you thinking about passengers as well?

Are you planning to answer those questions for the AI traffic in the near feature as well? Seems like a lot of weird traffic manouvers could either be solved by turn restrictions or giving them a destination

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Is it difficult to split the team between .tech and .drive? Or do you have dedicated people to each? I imagine one can take up more of your time depending on what you guys are working on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

If, hypothetically, there was a situation in which humanoid pedestrians were included in the game somehow, would vehicles end up getting drivers in that scenario? It would be kinda strange to see all these people walking around yet all the cars still having "ghost drivers".

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice