1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

can confirm its updated Screenshot_20220607-102902.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

Interesting, so the update got pushed to the I'mMoreImportantThanU_program.

Time to see how long it stays in that branch, so we know what to expect on future updates

• Like Like x 8
  3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Usually it's just a few days, but I'm with you on this one. God forbid anyone have to experience the update for themselves or wait a few days for the holy Content Creators to bestow their glorious meshslap compilations upon us

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

You know, it would be nice to have a supporter edition on steam or something...one with an NDA branch like this that lets u play/test the update a few days before it's pushed publicly. Gives us another way to support the devs, and gives the devs a wider range of testers before the update is pushed publically.

It'd be under NDA, aka a non-disclosure agreement; it'd be illegal to leak or share anything from the branch at all.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Even then people would find ways to leak stuff all over the place so probably not happening

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

Last time it took almost a month between the creator program being updated an the update being released, saying 15 days is being optimistic enough already

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

Escape from tarkov, Ready Or Not - there are lots of games that used NDA and it worked well for them. If you want to leak stuff and then get sued or whatever, be my guest lmao.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

But I think the Content Creator is Valid as long as it's the right creators, like the one I said quite sometimes here, Ermin Hamidovic, He's a Sim racer with a lot of experience and he gives nice feedbacks to the devs about the force feedback and other stuff (in his latest video he explained again that the aero in BeamNG is quite simplified and that gives the cars some weird caracteristics that they shouldn't have)

• Agree Agree x 10
  9. D A R K

D A R K
    Expand Collapse

I can agree but your way is not good. NDA is complicated so better to do something like Rainbow 6 Siege. They post whats new and then update goes to test server where everyone can test it and then to official release. But with everything is one problem, BeamNG isn't game like Rainbow 6, in R6 this test server is mainly to balance operators and fix some small issues or check if map is ready to fair playing also progress isn't connected to main game so they using it because there is way to use it. In BeamNG everyone will have fun for 5 days, then cry on reddit about NO TEXTURE and people will be feeling less empathy to game because from official release to another official release will be much time. Only way to use it properly is to limit things to test server like graphic update, cars etc. or use us to test things which may come to a game but are not in update like FPP mode.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. GiHat

GiHat
    Expand Collapse

OMG :eek: Update is coming ? But QA latest updated again 2 minutes ago ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

It seems it's not only for content creation since Ermin Hamidovic said he helped the devs improve the force feedback using the creator program, by discussing with them. So it's not the bug-free version, which make sense. They just get an unfinished version.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

does anyone think we'll get a teaser today?

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. MonkeyGoose

MonkeyGoose
    Expand Collapse

honestly we could see the update today. slightly unlikley but at least a teaser is probaly likley
    --- Post updated ---
    @tdev are we close?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

Big difference. Number 1, R6 is a massive game with a massive community and a giant triple-A team behind it. Beamng is peanuts compared to R6. Ubisoft can do whatever they want at that point.

Secondly, test server? What? R6 is strictly a multiplayer game. Beam has zero online/multiplayer parts to it. No idea what you mean there. NDA would work in a single-player game easily. If you so happen to decide to leak something? Expect your license to be revoked on steam - or legal trouble. Or something else entirely.

And crying on Reddit about issues on an NDA build? You're not even supposed to mention a single word about anything that remains in NDA. So technically right then and there you'd be breaking NDA.

The beam guys would do it properly, as they always do. They'd have the infrastructure in place for an NDA/Testing build to work properly. The game would prob build its own documents folder for settings, and everything else. There is absolutely no reason these guys wouldn't be able to get this to work properly and without trouble, considering all of this - access to the build/agreement would be behind a supporter edition: something that you pay to get in. The whole premise is to support the devs further, by helping test the update before release and in return - you get access to content to play around with that would otherwise you'd have to wait for it to be released publically.

It's a good idea IMO. Gives us an entirely new way to support these wonderful devs, and provide our assistance and numbers to help them provide more quality bug-free updates to the entire community.

#42874 Sparks4, Jun 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

According to sharia law? Or is it just about the VIN number...

16. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I really dont think we should get our hopes up for a release today. Id say earliest next week.

But i want it today too. My heart will skip a beat when 'the final countdown' gets posted and everything else in life gets a lower priority..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. SuperDuperViralThing

SuperDuperViralThing
    Expand Collapse

this means (probably) that whatever the new civetta is called it will begin with a letter below S in the alphabet, hopefully that can help some of you come up with a name for it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I might engage in a large amount of tomfoolery but at least I don't ping the devs to beg for table scraps :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SuperDuperViralThing

SuperDuperViralThing
    Expand Collapse

im guessing some time not next week, but the week after

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MonkeyGoose

MonkeyGoose
    Expand Collapse

it cant hurt to ask?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice